Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[POLL] 6.60 TN-V4

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.

Are you interested in a TN-V update?

Yes
96%
No
2%
Maybe
2%

Total votes: 1056

The1stMaster

Re: [POLL] 6.60 TN-V4

Post by The1stMaster » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi TN :)
Will You Release TN-V4 For 2.60 Firmware Bug Fixes Right? :)
Advertising
Black PS Vita with OFW 3.01

abdou005

Post by abdou005 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:33 pm

piccolaroma wrote:if you did not hurry, why did you open a thread for pool where you mentioned also of high memory? this makes no sense ....... Sony patched this awesome feature
Hey What's happening !! sit dow, this man is waisting time and share his work for free to us. so please don't be impatient. remember that many awesome hackers leaved the scene just because of the kind of users asking for exploits as if hackers were their slave.

Sorry but my message is all to this kind of users, stop being a child, and respect the work of this man ;)
Advertising
IMPORTANT! English Speakers follow Koala "ps vita hacker progress" here --> https://www.facebook.com/koalavita
Koala PS Vita 3,01 HAck Video --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Ahks9N6lg
Ps Vita 1,81 --> Urbanix EU Exploit TN-V8

Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:47 pm

My intention was to check whether there are many people who are still using TN-V/wanna use TN-V. I mean I take so much time investigating on new features and fixes, so I want to be sure that my work will also be used by many people.

mlc

Post by mlc » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:55 pm

piccolaroma wrote: if you did not hurry, why did you open a thread for pool where you mentioned also of high memory? this makes no sense ....... Sony patched this awesome feature
He didn't realize that Sony would find and patch the ability to use that memory. Since he had mentioned it before, he thinks it's possible that Sony saw his claim, found what he was doing, and restricted it. I wouldn't expect Sony to patch something without a released exploit either, but obviously they chose to do so this time. No one would suspect that Sony would be vindictive to that extent, though from their perspective it is probably just patching up possible holes that could benefit future exploits.

And I assume the poll is to get us hype? rofl
I don't know, as I'm sure TN is mainly motivated to do this for his own use and interest, and for the community, but probably wouldn't normally be swayed by a poll with huge numbers of people asking for his help. (other than one like this that he put up himself) If a poll by itself could convince him to spend time on exploits, then there would always be polls begging for it, so I would assume it's just to keep the community excited. (and to inform people that it's worth staying on their current firmwares)

EDIT: @TN Yes, I'm pretty sure a lot of people are staying on TNV. And I assume the numbers of posts and voters here aren't accurate, as there are probably thousands of lurkers who benefit from this. (and people on other sites who follow this stuff as well) Your work is my primary use of my Vita, and will probably even encourage a lot of people to buy a second Vita to keep one for homebrew use. (though Sony will never say thank you, lol)
Last edited by mlc on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piccolaroma

Post by piccolaroma » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:56 pm

abdou005 wrote:
piccolaroma wrote:if you did not hurry, why did you open a thread for pool where you mentioned also of high memory? this makes no sense ....... Sony patched this awesome feature
Hey What's happening !! sit dow, this man is waisting time and share his work for free to us. so please don't be impatient. remember that many awesome hackers leaved the scene just because of the kind of users asking for exploits as if hackers were their slave.

Sorry but my message is all to this kind of users, stop being a child, and respect the work of this man ;)
mlc wrote:
piccolaroma wrote: if you did not hurry, why did you open a thread for pool where you mentioned also of high memory? this makes no sense ....... Sony patched this awesome feature
He didn't realize that Sony would find and patch the ability to use that memory. Since he had mentioned it before, he thinks it's possible that Sony saw his claim, found what he was doing, and restricted it. I wouldn't expect Sony to patch something without a released exploit either, but obviously they chose to do so this time. No one would suspect that Sony would be vindictive to that extent, though from their perspective it is probably just patching up possible holes that could benefit future exploits.

And I assume the poll is to get us hype? rofl
I don't know, as I'm sure TN is mainly motivated to do this for his own use and interest, and for the community, but probably wouldn't normally be swayed by a poll with huge numbers of people asking for his help. (other than one like this that he put up himself) If a poll by itself could convince him to spend time on exploits, then there would always be polls begging for it, so I would assume it's just to keep the community excited. (and to inform people that it's worth staying on their current firmwares)

perhaps you did not understand my message ..... I respect all people abdou005

you understand .....i have the exploit working on 2.60 fw ps-vita and total noob is vital importance for fate of my exploits
Last edited by piccolaroma on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSP STREET E1004 2C - 6.60 Pro C1 fix3
PS VITA WiFi - 16 GB - 3.01 VHBL/TN-V4

abdou005

Post by abdou005 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Total-Noob wrote:My intention was to check whether there are many people who are still using TN-V/wanna use TN-V. I mean I take so much time investigating on new features and fixes, so I want to be sure that my work will also be used by many people.
Yes We do :D :D :D . the only bug that i wish it could be fixed in Tn V2 is that sometimes when I add a new Homebrew, and reboot, I have this white screen that ask for Time, Name.. :D , it was fixed in Tn v3, but as i use Ftp a lot :D . I'm still on Tn V2 :D

Thanks Total Noob, Wish you a good summer time :P :lol:
IMPORTANT! English Speakers follow Koala "ps vita hacker progress" here --> https://www.facebook.com/koalavita
Koala PS Vita 3,01 HAck Video --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Ahks9N6lg
Ps Vita 1,81 --> Urbanix EU Exploit TN-V8

CarBoyCam

Post by CarBoyCam » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:00 pm

TN simply started the thread to see if people were still interested in the TN-V project so he didn't end up wasting his time if people weren't bothered about it. And he wasn't aware of the patched extra memory.
PSP Slim (2000) Firmware 6.60 ME-1.8 PS Vita (Wi-Fi) Firmware 3.01 (6.60 TN-V4)

Tweet me @CarBoyCam

ambrosjb

Post by ambrosjb » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Looks like TN has already decided on waiting until after the PS4 release, but just wanted to add my two cents:

In my opinion, waiting until after PS4 release is only applicable if there will be a kxploit released since we are assuming there are probably only a couple more of those being released during the lifetime of the Vita, unless we get a kxploit to the native Vita (come on yifanlu, you can do it!).

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this being selflish, but TN-V4 without a kxploit could be released at any point then for any of us still 2.02 no?

All of that being said, I know it's a massive amount of time and effort to develop and test something like this so many thanks for TN for all of the work. It is much appreciated. I singlehandedly hold you accountable for making my PSP pretty much irrelevant to me at this point. 95%+ of everything from there now works on my Vita. If we can just get POPS, PS1 sound and LiteCategories to work, I'm sad to say my PSP would have to go.... a little sad too since it's one of the few PSP2000's that can make Pandora batteries... I'm not sure there are even still people around that remember that or would even care about that anymore. It was my prized possession for a LONG time. Long live the scene! Thanks again TN.

Kyouma

Post by Kyouma » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:22 pm

ambrosjb wrote:Looks like TN has already decided on waiting until after the PS4 release, but just wanted to add my two cents:

In my opinion, waiting until after PS4 release is only applicable if there will be a kxploit released since we are assuming there are probably only a couple more of those being released during the lifetime of the Vita, unless we get a kxploit to the native Vita (come on yifanlu, you can do it!)
Yifanlu's vita userland exploit has been patched by now and he's shown no interest in developing something for that. SKFU might have something, but you'd have to ask him.

S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:24 pm

So may I correctly assume that there will indeed be a kexploit release after the PS4 launch :?:
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019

Return to “TN CEF”