Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

FW 2.10 - Blockade of TN-V.

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
wth
HBL Developer

Re: FW 2.10 - Blockade of TN-V.

Post by wth »

Thanks for the news TN.
Guess I'm not eager to switch from 2.06 to 2.10 then lol, other things to do
Kinda weird they waste time fighting pspemu hacks though, this would mean they estimate it makes them loose less money than doing nothing I guess
Wouldn't be surprising considering psp / psx game libraries compared to the psvita one actually
Anyway they'll have wasted their time / money if no other kernel exploit is released (in which case they'll have wasted it too)
Anyone with more kernel exploits can probably not so hardly still break any new obfuscation, unless they release some kinda new kick *** protection (aka even more expensive) to stick around pspemu or smthg, it's no use
My opinion is they're just pretending to "fight" to keep up appearances, as everyone does .. lol
Advertising
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

Davee wrote:
wololo wrote:
Total-Noob wrote: - TN-V uses the scratchpad memory 0x00010000 to run the kernel exploit loader. This memory is not write accessable anymore.
Are you sure, and can you confirm that with The Z? VHBL also uses the scratchpad to store all of its global variables, and I can guarantee that if 2.10 had made the scratchpad read only, VHBL wouldn't even start (and even if by some sort of miracle it accepted to start, it would probably crash extremely often).
As an example, the path of the EBOOT to launch in VHBL is written in the scratchpad by the menu. So if the scratchpad was readonly, the VHBL menu couldn't even launch homebrews. So, if the Z managed to run VHBL on 2.10, my conclusion is that the scratchpad is not readonly
This is pretty valid logic.

Even if it is read only, it is a minor obstacle surely? It's a tiny patch of memory you could just move it somewhere else? Hardly a "blockade".
@wololo
I just made a simple test to see whether I could write to the address. And the test failed. But I might have done a mistake on something :P

@Davee
Haven't I said that?...
Advertising
cosimo98

Post by cosimo98 »

Total Noob you can run the TN-V on apache overkill.Ti please'm hoping for a miracle this month
mlc

Post by mlc »

cosimo98 wrote:Total Noob you can run the TN-V on apache overkill.Ti please'm hoping for a miracle this month
His actions are limited by the number of currently available kernel exploits, so no amount of work can make the Apache user exploit into a kernel exploit. If he has one or less, then it almost definitely won't happen. Chances are that any future kernel exploit release will be for a firmware after 2.10, so while it might work on 2.06 Apache, it might not be any time soon.

Basically, if we only have a few known kernel exploits spread amongst a few developers, the kxploit would be wasted if it was released soon. You'll probably have to wait for some more to be discovered, and one to be released on 2.11-2.30 or so, depending upon the features added and if any new exploits are discovered or blocked.
ErikPshat

Post by ErikPshat »

Total-Noob wrote:By the way, here are the new PSP decryption keys for 2.10
If there is a tag 0x4C949CF0, then there must be 0x4C949BF0 :roll:
Davee
Guru

Post by Davee »

Total-Noob wrote: @Davee
Haven't I said that?...
oops, so you have...
Follow me on twitter: @DaveeFTW
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

ErikPshat wrote:
Total-Noob wrote:By the way, here are the new PSP decryption keys for 2.10
If there is a tag 0x4C949CF0, then there must be 0x4C949BF0 :roll:
Yes, there is ^^ Used in 2.02. Do you want the its keys too?
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

I can confirm that write access to ms0:/PSP/GAME has been blocked with the latest firmware, Menus and other apps will have to be updated to work somewhere else, read access is still there (duh!). This is yet another security measure that whose only purpose is to annoy us.
Kankertje

Post by Kankertje »

Acid_Snake wrote:I can confirm that write access to ms0:/PSP/GAME has been blocked with the latest firmware, Menus and other apps will have to be updated to work somewhere else, read access is still there (duh!). This is yet another security measure that whose only purpose is to annoy us.
You can still write, but you can't create folders.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

Kankertje wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:I can confirm that write access to ms0:/PSP/GAME has been blocked with the latest firmware, Menus and other apps will have to be updated to work somewhere else, read access is still there (duh!). This is yet another security measure that whose only purpose is to annoy us.
You can still write, but you can't create folders.
my testers said they weren't able to copy simple files to it, and not being able to make folders is just as bad as not being able to do anything

Return to “TN CEF”