Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
#233920 by varun
Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:03 am
lol x wrote:
wololo wrote:They just wanted to privately investigate ARK, just like Pro team had been privately investigating TN's kexploit.


But it would have been fair,if pro team mentioned that they came to know about the "global" mistake behind kexploit first from total noob, rather than hitting him back by posting that "TN-CAMP".

+1000
lol x wrote:Off topic:
wololo wrote:Isn't scene drama pretty awesome?

Yes, when you get 4 warnings from a fan-boy,and he himself uses " F*** OFF "(uncensored) in his pm,gives 2 warnings for reportng it,one for double posting and one for using **** Image

Edit:A cool mod Xian removed one warning

that is pretty cool,moderator warning for ****,saying f*** OFF himself,and warns you twice for reporting it. :o

edit:merged your updated quote
Advertising
#233921 by wololo
Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:20 am
lol x wrote:
wololo wrote:They just wanted to privately investigate ARK, just like Pro team had been privately investigating TN's kexploit.


But it would have been fair,if pro team mentioned that they came to know about the "global" mistake behind kexploit first from total noob, rather than hitting him back by posting that "TN-CAMP".

Don't get my words wrong, I personally didn't look closely at the code from the exploits and am not sure how much was taken from it. Again, as far as I know, Yosh is the one who found the global wlan vulnerabilities, provided them to the pro team, and that's when they told me they didn't need TN's exploit anymore. So as far as I know, no code from TN was used in ARK, and nothing was intellectually "borrowed" since they ended up using the kxploit from somebody else who didn't ever know about TN's kxploit. That's the official story. Beyond that, since TN found some of his code in the leaked ARK, I have to assume this is not the entire truth. It is possible that what was leaked was a temporary build that was never supposed to see the light of day.

varun wrote:
lol x wrote:Off topic:
wololo wrote:Isn't scene drama pretty awesome?

yes it is, when you get 4 warnings from a fan-boy,when he himself uses " F*** OFF "(uncensored) in his pm,gives 2 warnings for reportng it,one for double posting and one for using **** :x

that is pretty cool,moderator warning for ****,saying f*** OFF himself,and warns you twice for reporting it. :o

Be careful, a forum is not a democracy. Mods have more power (and in a way, more rights, but also more obligations) than regular users. We try to be fair, but the best way to avoid trouble is to not *** mods off. If you have repeated problems with a specific mod, it is ok to mention it in pm to me. I do have a tendency to be on the side of the mods in case of conflicts (there's a reason we chose them to be mods in the first place) but If I see a trend, I'll take action. Rules of being polite apply to mods too. but a rule of thumb is, don't try to be a *** with mods, you'll lose.
Advertising
#233922 by lol x
Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:45 am
wololo wrote:
lol x wrote:
wololo wrote:They just wanted to privately investigate ARK, just like Pro team had been privately investigating TN's kexploit.


But it would have been fair,if pro team mentioned that they came to know about the "global" mistake behind kexploit first from total noob, rather than hitting him back by posting that "TN-CAMP".

Don't get my words wrong, I personally didn't look closely at the code from the exploits and am not sure how much was taken from it. Again, as far as I know, Yosh is the one who found the global wlan vulnerabilities, provided them to the pro team, and that's when they told me they didn't need TN's exploit anymore. So as far as I know, no code from TN was used in ARK, and nothing was intellectually "borrowed" since they ended up using the kxploit from somebody else who didn't ever know about TN's kxploit. That's the official story. Beyond that, since TN found some of his code in the leaked ARK, I have to assume this is not the entire truth. It is possible that what was leaked was a temporary build that was never supposed to see the light of day.

Are there any real facts why you do not assume TN's words the truth,or is it your personal preference?

Off topic:
wololo wrote:
varun wrote:
lol x wrote:Off topic:
yes it is, when you get 4 warnings from a fan-boy,when he himself uses " F*** OFF "(uncensored) in his pm,gives 2 warnings for reportng it,one for double posting and one for using **** :x

that is pretty cool,moderator warning for ****,saying f*** OFF himself,and warns you twice for reporting it. :o

Be careful, a forum is not a democracy. Mods have more power (and in a way, more rights, but also more obligations) than regular users. We try to be fair, but the best way to avoid trouble is to not *** mods off. If you have repeated problems with a specific mod, it is ok to mention it in pm to me. I do have a tendency to be on the side of the mods in case of conflicts (there's a reason we chose them to be mods in the first place) but If I see a trend, I'll take action. Rules of being polite apply to mods too. but a rule of thumb is, don't try to be a *** with mods, you'll lose.
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=26292&start=30#p229345

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=26292&start=40#p229360

and there are many posts in the topic and the pm's b/w us that suggest that just because he was a moderator he could warn me like heck

in fact acid says :
awwwwwwww com'on, I was just kicking some *ss
when the topic gets locked,

the topic could have been a fair debate if neither acid used dumbass/etc, and hgoel never irritated me with words like 'noob'

what do you say sir?

additional stuff:
acid snake wrote:the kxploit that got leaked was coldbird's, even TN recognizes it in the readme of TN (this also proves you don't read readmes, yet you want us to think you "know" more than I do?)

o_O
README
- Custom Emulator Firmware 6.60 TN-C
- for PSVita 1.61-1.81
- by Total_Noob


- Donation
If you wanna support me, just click here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... id=8158859
Thank you :)


- Changelog CEF 6.60 TN-C
* Added 1.61-1.67 firmwares support (supports Motorstorm and Super Collapse 3 exploits).
* Added ability to alter user name and button assign (enter button).
* Added possiblity to change buttons to exit and its hold duration.
* Added possiblity to change CPU speed (the PSP Emu's CPU is increased by 60%. Even 20/10 CPU on PSVita is faster than 333/166 CPU on PSP ;))
* Added custom folder hider(fixes dj max portable 3 crash).
* Fixed issue with backups which within load an ELF file (fixes crash in Talkman and probably in more games).
* Improved module device check patch (fixes Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur).


- Changelog TN Menu 1.0
* Updated the whole user interface (by Darkenvy).
* Added memory space check.
* Added PIC1 display.
* Fixed bug that doesn't allow you to go to PSVita menu when you load TN Menu within TN Menu.
* Fixed crash when you move a backup file and the ISO folder does not exist.
* Made everything smoother.
* Improved ZIP reading (increases menu boot with packages).


- Instructions
* Go to the SAVEDATA and choose the exploit game you own.
* Choose the right region and extract its content to '\PS Vita\PSAVEDATA\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\'
* Copy the new savedata to your PSVita with CMA.


- About TN Menu 1.0
This menu is developed with OSLib. IT IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, so it may have some bugs.

Control:
* [] to open the configuration menu.
* /\ to delete a file.
* X to install a homebrew, move backups, or to load a homebrew/game.
* Arrows to move.

Prepare homebrews:
* Create an ZIP archive of the homebrew, saved as: 'FILENAME.ZIP/PSP/GAME/*THE_HOMEBREWS_NAME*/EBOOT.PBP'.
* "FILENAME.ZIP" can be saved somehow, it just MUST BE UPPER CASE LETTER and the filename can ONLY BE 8 CHARACTERS LONG.
* Save the archive in the savedata folder.

Install ISO/CSO:
* Copy backup file to the savedata folder, UPPER CASE LETTER, 8 CHARACTERS LONG (e.g. BACKUP.ISO).
* Start TN Menu and press X on the game to move it to 'ms0:/ISO/' (you'll reach ~2000 KB/s).

DATA.TN
This is a ZIP file which contains images for TN Menu.


- Source Code
CEF TN got open sourced by GPLv3. I am tired of programming and give you guys the job continue it. Please respect the license, make it open source.
It also contains 'popcorn' which is a beta module for psx support. Perhaps a master can finish it with sounds.


- Credits
* Thanks to Dark_AleX for his impressive work.
* Thanks to Darkenvy for his TN Menu graphics.
* Thanks to Takka for his ISO/CSO reader.
* Thanks to xerpi who found Urbanix Exploit EU.
* Thanks to Frostegater for MBA Exploit.
* Thanks to teck4 for Gravity Crash Exploit.
* Thanks everyone who collected bugs.


Enjoy it;)
#233926 by wololo
Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:57 am
lol x wrote:Are there any real facts why you do not assume TN's words the truth,or is it your personal preference?

Personal preference. I like to think I'm close friends with Colbird, and I will trust his word over anybody else's in the scene. I didn't check the code myself (of either ARK, or TN's exploit). Also the fact that people involved in the leak (The Z and frostegater), even if it wasn't their intention to leak, were close friends with TN, made me stop trying to look for more facts on that. Since lots of trusted people messed up here (including me) and on both "sides", I decided it was not worth digging up more dirt.

lol x wrote:Off topic:
[...]
what do you say sir?

I say if you want to talk to me about personal issues with a mod, send me a pm instead of doing this here :)
#233931 by varun
Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:18 am
wololo wrote:
lol x wrote:Are there any real facts why you do not assume TN's words the truth,or is it your personal preference?

Personal preference. I like to think I'm close friends with Colbird, and I will trust his word over anybody else's in the scene. I didn't check the code myself (of either ARK, or TN's exploit).

ok,but...
wololo wrote: Also the fact that people involved in the leak (The Z and frostegater), even if it wasn't their intention to leak, were close friends with TN, made me stop trying to look for more facts on that. Since lots of trusted people messed up here (including me) and on both "sides", I decided it was not worth digging up more dirt.

YOU can not trust a man who trusted you with kexploit????????????????????????????????????????

The z and frostegator must have come to know about the fact that it was similar to TN's exploit.
also you gave the exploit intentionally, believing coldbird is trust-able. you knew the history of sam jordan, they didn't.
So how can you say that you don't trust him,just because some of his friends made mistake by trusting others?
Also note that in a way you have lost trust in them,total noob may have lost trust in you.
#233945 by yifanlu
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:06 am
Trust is hard to earn and easy to lose. If someone when first starting out did things that they later regret, even if they repent, others will be more careful with this individual. Is it fair? Idk, but the world is unfair.
#233947 by Acid_Snake
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:12 am
varun wrote:The z and frostegator must have come to know about the fact that it was similar to TN's exploit.

I don't know about the z, but frostegator also found a kexploit in kermit wlan, so he also knew that wlan was a big mess and it was easy for a few independent devs to find the same exploit (as a matter of facts, the kxploit released with uno was found by at least 3 different people independently, that's how easy and stupid kermit wlan was)

varun wrote:also you gave the exploit intentionally, believing coldbird is trust-able

because he is trustable, one of the most trustable people in the scene

varun wrote:you knew the history of sam jordan, they didn't.

yeah that's what he said, but he couldn't tell anything to the z cause he didn't even know the z had the files, he wasn't supposed to

varun wrote:So how can you say that you don't trust him,just because some of his friends made mistake by trusting others?

nobody can trust sam jordam

varun wrote:Also note that in a way you have lost trust in them,total noob may have lost trust in you.

I don't think frostegater or the z has lost wololo's trust, they would have been out of the VIP group by now, I also don't think wololo lost TN's trust
#233953 by lol x
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:38 am
@varun +1

yifanlu wrote:Trust is hard to earn and easy to lose. If someone when first starting out did things that they later regret, even if they repent, others will be more careful with this individual. Is it fair? Idk, but the world is unfair.

Total noob has done nothing wrong and he has no regrets other than it was wololo who leaked,and also has got apologies from wololo,but "the world is unfair".

so your point can not be used to prove why wololo doesn't trust him, infant it shows why he shouldn't trust wololo.
but i am sure that wont happen,and total noob will trust wololo again,because it/leak was Unintentional.

summarising events:there is no reason why frostegator couldn't get 2.02 exploit on his own,and saying that 2.02 exploit stolen by frostegator from pro team is completely wrong. The pro team also failed to give credit to total noob found 'global' mistake first,and there is no way to deny if total noob says he "found some of his code in the leaked ARK".

using lack of trust against total noob due to his friends try to decrypt ark,who believed it had his exploit,you are ignoring someone who did so much for psp scene,hands you kernel exploit, and comes to know that he cannot be trusted anymore is unacceptable excuse.
Last edited by lol x on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
#233957 by lol x
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 am
Acid_Snake wrote:
varun wrote:The z and frostegator must have come to know about the fact that it was similar to TN's exploit.

I don't know about the z, but frostegator also found a kexploit in kermit wlan, so he also knew that wlan was a big mess and it was easy for a few independent devs to find the same exploit (as a matter of facts, the kxploit released with uno was found by at least 3 different people independently, that's how easy and stupid kermit wlan was)

varun wrote:also you gave the exploit intentionally, believing coldbird is trust-able

because he is trustable, one of the most trustable people in the scene

varun wrote:you knew the history of sam jordan, they didn't.

yeah that's what he said, but he couldn't tell anything to the z cause he didn't even know the z had the files, he wasn't supposed to

varun wrote:So how can you say that you don't trust him,just because some of his friends made mistake by trusting others?

nobody can trust sam jordam

varun wrote:Also note that in a way you have lost trust in them,total noob may have lost trust in you.

I don't think frostegater or the z has lost wololo's trust, they would have been out of the VIP group by now, I also don't think wololo lost TN's trust

if you please read everything,we are discussing why wololo does not trust total noob and his finding that ark contained parts of his work.

about sam jordan,look at what u just quoted before in the same post
#233958 by yifanlu
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:48 am
lol x wrote:@varun +1

yifanlu wrote:Trust is hard to earn and easy to lose. If someone when first starting out did things that they later regret, even if they repent, others will be more careful with this individual. Is it fair? Idk, but the world is unfair.

Total noob has done nothing wrong and he has no regrets other than it was wololo who leaked,and also has got apologies from wololo,but "the world is unfair".

so your point can not be used to prove why wololo doesn't trust him, infant it shows why he shouldn't trust wololo.
but i am sure that wont happen,and total noob will trust wololo again,because it/leak was Unintentional.

summarising events:there is no reason why frostegator couldn't get 2.02 exploit on his own,and saying that 2.02 exploit stolen by frostegator from pro team is completely wrong. The pro team also failed to give credit to total noob found 'global' mistake first,and there is no way to deny if total noob says he "found some of his code in the leaked ARK".

using lack of trust against total noob due to his friends try to decrypt ark,who believed it had TN's exploit,you are ignoring someone who did so much for psp scene,hands you kernel exploit, and comes to know that he cannot be trusted anymore is unacceptable excuse.

Don't get me wrong, I for one trust TN. (But that's a moot point because I'm not in the PSP world). You don't know the full story. I don't either. All I know is that wololo is reasonable.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest