Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

8 full Kxploits Patched by Sony

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
taiyaki04
Location: investigating the Ethereal Horizon with the wielder of Jao Shingan

Re: 8 full Kxploits Patched by Sony

Post by taiyaki04 »

S1NFUL wrote:My fault. I read a post on this topic that said that PSP's had LV0.
my fault... i posted that... ^^, i didn't know it was ps3 specific...i just read that lv0 vulnerabilities are unpatchable, so i thought it was also same on the psp... :oops:
Advertising
i hope K-on! will have a season 3. if that happens, i will cry my heart out with happiness
devices
PSP 2000 fully hackable - 6.60 me 1.6+pro-c
PSVita 3.01 3g/wifi
PSVita 1.81 wifi urbanix tn-c
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

taiyaki04 wrote:
S1NFUL wrote:My fault. I read a post on this topic that said that PSP's had LV0.
my fault... i posted that... ^^, i didn't know it was ps3 specific...i just read that lv0 vulnerabilities are unpatchable, so i thought it was also same on the psp... :oops:
Well, even if the psp had a lv0, because it's emulated, it can still be patched. On a hardware, the only way is to make new models, but with an emulator, you can just emulate the new model.
Advertising
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

yifanlu wrote:Were these 12 dependent on one bug? Since they just happened to all be inside kermit_wlan...
From my understanding, they were more like the same noob issue spread throughout the entire module (as if the person who coded the kermit_wlan didn't understand how psp kernel security works, from what I've been told). Somebody probably was clever enough to review the entire file instead of only one function, or fixed the problem at the source. Note that I haven't seen the actual exploits (they have just been described to me) so my understanding might be incorrect.
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
onnz423

Post by onnz423 »

So sad. But theres VHBL Coming so i recommend you to watch wololo every hour. Not sure when its out :)
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

onnz423 wrote:So sad. But theres VHBL Coming so i recommend you to watch wololo every hour. Not sure when its out :)
Lol not every hour; that's a little too much. Try checking the site a couple of times a day. I've never missed an exploit even if I hadn't visited this site for a day. Also, Sony doesn't take down the game being exploited from PSN (if its VHBL) or it takes it at least 2 days to do so. Kxploits are usually within hours, though.
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
wth
HBL Developer

Post by wth »

wololo wrote:
yifanlu wrote:Were these 12 dependent on one bug? Since they just happened to all be inside kermit_wlan...
From my understanding, they were more like the same noob issue spread throughout the entire module (as if the person who coded the kermit_wlan didn't understand how psp kernel security works, from what I've been told). Somebody probably was clever enough to review the entire file instead of only one function, or fixed the problem at the source. Note that I haven't seen the actual exploits (they have just been described to me) so my understanding might be incorrect.
yeah, apparently the person who ported wlan to kermit didn't understand the kernel security much, because most new and rewritten functions didn't perform any k1 check.
Somehow back on 1.81 they went as far as fixing sceWlanGetEtherAddr without realising such vulnerabilities were plenty there, so the person who patched must have been someone else who didn't believe such a fail could be.
So after sceWlanDrv_lib_51B0BBB8 (or rather kermit_inet_socket according to sony) they simply added k1 checks everywhere it belonged.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

I kinda expected this the moment sceWlanGetEtherAddr was leaked, what surprised me is that sony took so much time to find that out
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

So, what you guys mean is that if that kexploit hadn't been leaked we would probably have more kexploits and a more 'secure' future in terms of eCFW?

sigh... Another way Sam Jordam ruined us :x
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

hgoel0974 wrote:So, what you guys mean is that if that kexploit hadn't been leaked we would probably have more kexploits and a more 'secure' future in terms of eCFW?

Does anyone know what ever happened to that mother******?
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

hgoel0974 wrote:So, what you guys mean is that if that kexploit hadn't been leaked we would probably have more kexploits and a more 'secure' future in terms of eCFW?

Well, not really. Leaked or releaased, the end result would have been the same, I always assumed sony would have patched them all at once.
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

Return to “TN CEF”