Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Resolution of PSP games on PS Vita

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
killed

Resolution of PSP games on PS Vita

Post by killed »

Hi everybody,

First, I say thank you to developer who develop TN Menu.

After applied success UNOexploit, I can play PSP game. It's good, so I have a question to ask about resolution all of them.
Whenever I play, PSP game auto show full screen (while resolution of PSP lower than resolution of PS Vita). How can I decrease/shrink screen when PSP game is playing?

Thank!
Advertising
eggrollshop

Re: Resolution of PSP games on PS Vita

Post by eggrollshop »

The resolution of the psp is 480 × 272, the resolution of the ps vita is 960 x 544 which is exactly double the resolution of the psp. What I'm getting at is that the psp games on the vita are meant to fill the screen of the ps vita since it's only double the resolution. There is no way to scale it down and have the psp game play at 480x272 on the ps vita. It does look a little less sharp but the bilinear filtering does help in most cases when the game is 3D not 2D. Hope this helps.
Advertising
killed

Post by killed »

Thank you eggrollshop for explaination, but I still hope to one day, all developers can do it.
retrobits9

Post by retrobits9 »

I think even though your losing the sharpness of the original psp image, the screen quality of the vita really makes a difference. You will notice details that weren't possible on the original psp screen.
EvilDooinz

Post by EvilDooinz »

retrobits9 wrote:I think even though your losing the sharpness of the original psp image, the screen quality of the vita really makes a difference. You will notice details that weren't possible on the original psp screen.
I agree I like the way psp games look on the vita screen don't know why you would want to shrink it.
eggrollshop

Post by eggrollshop »

killed wrote:Thank you eggrollshop for explaination, but I still hope to one day, all developers can do it.
Your quite welcome! It would be a welcome option but I also prefer the way the PS Vita handles PSP games. They do look a lot better even though the pixels are being a bit stretched lol
hnoor0066

Post by hnoor0066 »

Whenever I play, PSP game auto show full screen (while resolution of PSP lower than resolution of PS Vita). How can I decrease/shrink screen when PSP game is playing???????

Return to “TN CEF”