Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

New PS Vita, FW 1.61

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
SlasherIT

New PS Vita, FW 1.61

Post by SlasherIT »

Hello,

I just bought a PS Vita and it came with firmware 1.61. I was wondering if there's any chance to run eCFW on it or not? Sorry, I haven't really been following the Vita news until now because I didn't have a Vita before, so I would really appreciate the help.

Thank you.
Advertising
Xtetheredwingsx

Re: New PS Vita, FW 1.61

Post by Xtetheredwingsx »

I'm also interested in this. Just got a Vita with 1.69. I frequented the PSP scene, now it's time for the Vita. :)
Advertising
keane

Post by keane »

Hey, since you are on the PS vita official firmware below 2.01, by reading the below link will tell you how to get CEF, also on the forum is a method to update to 1.81, which this method I think would still work for. Good luck!
http://wololo.net/2012/12/08/did-you-mi ... -get-ecfw/
SlasherIT

Post by SlasherIT »

I've been gathering some more info, and I have 2 questions.

1. Suppose I go ahead and update to 1.81, wouldn't that still be below the latest firmware, so how would I buy the games and access the PS Store?

2. Are the exploited games still unpatched?

Thank you.
Xtetheredwingsx

keane wrote:Hey, since you are on the PS vita official firmware below 2.01, by reading the below link will tell you how to get CEF, also on the forum is a method to update to 1.81, which this method I think would still work for. Good luck!
http://wololo.net/2012/12/08/did-you-mi ... -get-ecfw/
Any chance you could link me on how to update to 1.81?
edgelessdiamond

Post by edgelessdiamond »

Try searching on using a proxy to connect to psn which you might not need I don't know if its mandatory yet.
Also just search for the firmware. Yeah theres gonna be a couple of games you can't play staying on 1.81 until the next exploit gets released.
Xtetheredwingsx

edgelessdiamond wrote:Try searching on using a proxy to connect to psn which you might not need I don't know if its mandatory yet.
Also just search for the firmware. Yeah theres gonna be a couple of games you can't play staying on 1.81 until the next exploit gets released.
I used a game to update to 1.80, is that not good enough?

I think I may be having trouble getting OpenCMA to work as well on 1.80. I downloaded CMA and did everything they said to run OPENCMA 5, but no go.
SlasherIT

Post by SlasherIT »

Dude, noone told us if the exploited games on PSN are patched or not, let alone access PSN, so we should wait for an answer to that before doing anything else.
Xtetheredwingsx

Nevermind, I managed to get it to work with 1.80.

Is is safe to update after I get all that to work, or no? I'm assuming not, but thought I would ask.
lord_danzig

Post by lord_danzig »

Yep eCFW works on 1.80 as well for TN-C. No you can't access the PSN unless you use certain tricks (I think there's a trick using OpenCMA to do so). You also can't play online with official Vita titles. Good news is there will probably be an update for eCFW to the latest firmware (2.02) within a week or so. Also you guys should note that games do not get patched by sony (as of now), only firmware updates to the Vita will patch the games. So if you could for example still get and use the 1.6x eCFW games right now by transferring them to your Vita with a PS3.

Return to “TN CEF”