Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Tutorial/Release: PS1 Games on eCFW (Updated 1/10/13)

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
Jd8531

Re: Tutorial/Release: Play PS1(PSX) Games on eCFW

Post by Jd8531 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Tonakai wrote:
RPT111 wrote:The first problem I had was the driver I was on didn't like running the loader. I think the M-55 driver (or what ever it is called) worked. The other problem i had was the names. Use that cap lock .BIN and .CUE was a problem I over looked. That is why I went through a huge thing of throwing different types of files at it.
Even though it was never mentioned :roll:
Sadly, it's still not working. I renamed the files in caps to be safe (obviously including the file extensions), but the error persists.

I did note something though; When using the Sony driver, it gets to the "Loading game..." dialogue prior to giving me the error, however, while using the March33 it crashes the moment I choose the game, then gives me the error code.
I have not run into this issue yet, so its hard to say. I would recommend redownloading a fresh copy and trying. Corrupt data? Just double checking, you are launching PS1P through eloader right and not the main eCFW menu?

Also for compatibility if someone wants to test it out using The Zs TN eCFW Mod that could helphttp://zload.net/v2/archives/vita/
Advertising

DarkCrows

Post by DarkCrows » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:20 pm

duke nukem time to kill work fine...but so lag
Advertising
ps3 slim 4.21
Psp 2000 6.60 pro/me
PlaystationVita 1.81 TN-HEN
AF4N

Tonakai

Post by Tonakai » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Jd8531 wrote:
Tonakai wrote:
RPT111 wrote:The first problem I had was the driver I was on didn't like running the loader. I think the M-55 driver (or what ever it is called) worked. The other problem i had was the names. Use that cap lock .BIN and .CUE was a problem I over looked. That is why I went through a huge thing of throwing different types of files at it.
Sadly, it's still not working. I renamed the files in caps to be safe (obviously including the file extensions), but the error persists.

I did note something though; When using the Sony driver, it gets to the "Loading game..." dialogue prior to giving me the error, however, while using the March33 it crashes the moment I choose the game, then gives me the error code.
I have not run into this issue yet, so its hard to say. I would recommend redownloading a fresh copy and trying. Corrupt data? Just double checking, you are launching PS1P through eloader right and not the main eCFW menu?

Also for compatibility if someone wants to test it out using The Zs TN eCFW Mod that could helphttp://zload.net/v2/archives/vita/
I am running it through there. I'll make a video or something when I get some free time (though it'll be done through a phone). As for Z's eCFW, I was planning to give it a go myself. I'll try and rectify my situation, if I can get it to work, then I'll happily test for you.

Minimur12

Post by Minimur12 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Jd8531 wrote:
Tonakai wrote:

i am using the Z's edit and its still really slow
I'm not on the forum much, if you want to let me know about something, shoot me a PM!
ImageImage

solidsnake

Post by solidsnake » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:38 pm

I can confirm that this will boot a game just fine but will not load past the opening credits to any kind of title screen. I have not yet been able to play any game. Just boot them. I know they work because I can sometimes see an opening cinema but It never loads the Title screen or press start button screen. I have tried changing the CPU speed in game but with no results. I have tried changing the drivers but there are only two and that didn't help.
Even though none of the games I own work, I am still excited that this will boot them. This means that all I need to do is wait until someone smarter than me makes a better version :D

boriswinner

Post by boriswinner » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:50 pm

This works, but so slow.... :(

The Z
VIP

Post by The Z » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:12 am

This was, afaik, also working with some older HBL versions for the PSP, but there are still some problems:

1. The game will run very slow or will freeze/crash
2. The files have to be raw images (.cue, .bin, .iso, etc.) instead of converted to .PBP, which most people use/own
3. The eloader loads 1.5 kernel software, which kinda emulates some necessary 1.5 kernel files, this is a loop: Vita emulates PSP (PSP emulator) -> the eloader emulates some 1.5 kernel files (1.5 kernel emulator), the PS1emulator homebrew emulates a ps1 (ps1 emulator), so a chain of emulators is given, which is, of course, slow.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞

maplefeng2008

Post by maplefeng2008 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:24 am

I hope to play MGS, does anyone test it?

Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:14 am

The Z wrote:This was, afaik, also working with some older HBL versions for the PSP, but there are still some problems:

1. The game will run very slow or will freeze/crash
2. The files have to be raw images (.cue, .bin, .iso, etc.) instead of converted to .PBP, which most people use/own
3. The eloader loads 1.5 kernel software, which kinda emulates some necessary 1.5 kernel files, this is a loop: Vita emulates PSP (PSP emulator) -> the eloader emulates some 1.5 kernel files (1.5 kernel emulator), the PS1emulator homebrew emulates a ps1 (ps1 emulator), so a chain of emulators is given, which is, of course, slow.
Right and this is sadly the only method too. If i am not mistaken PBPs can be converted. TN blocked all PSX support because of the fact of not having sound which I dont understand but yea as soon as TNs eCFW most of this can be fixed.

RPT111

Post by RPT111 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:16 am

Jd8531 wrote:
Tonakai wrote:

Yeah, Im doing everything I am suppose to be doing, loading wise. Thrill Kill I can see as not working because of that really weird sqr+tri button press at the load screen. Plus, I bought the game in Korea back in 97 so there might be some issues. Valkyrie Profile was backed up right from the disk a few min before being transferred. I ran the same two games on my PC after trying the Vita and they both worked.

Still great of you to put this file out there for people to test. I'll try The Z's mod when I get the chance. I have three exams and a physics presentation coming up. :cry:

Edit: Sorry I just read the following posts. I was just quick to reply.

Return to “TN CEF”