Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Tutorial/Release: PS1 Games on eCFW (Updated 1/10/13)

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
RPT111

Re: Tutorial/Release: Play PS1(PSX) Games on eCFW

Post by RPT111 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 pm

OK, so what I have so far.

Thrill Kill doesn't work past the screen to accept playing a bloody game.

Valkyrie Profile works up to the name selection screen then it crashes.

It feels like the cpu is not giving out enough power.
Advertising

Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:23 pm

Kazumatr wrote:Couldnt find ELF in PBP and
Couldnt open EBOOT.PBP error 80010015 ??

ms0:/pPSP/GAME folder copy filezilla ftp program this error.
Did your program quit out? Download it again from mediafire and copy it. I put the wrong link up as soon as i posted this thread and immediately fixed it, you might have gotten the wrong one.

Tonakai wrote:Nice one, Jd :mrgreen:

In regards to the compatibility aspect, would Popsloader work at all?
Actually it would, but im not sure if it would be any better. Ill test, it will still have no sound however
Advertising

JonathanH

Post by JonathanH » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:46 pm

The black screen on mounting means failure, correct?

Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:50 pm

JonathanH wrote:The black screen on mounting means failure, correct?
Depends how long, some just take like a minute to load (ex Crash Bandicoot 2)

Tonakai

Post by Tonakai » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:35 am

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure what's going on here.

I installed it just as you stated, run it in the same fashion Etc. The games show up, yet for every single game it pauses for a few seconds then gives me a C1-285803 error. I assumed this was the games not working, but I have a feeling there's more to it than that.

Any ideas what could be the issue?

starVA

Post by starVA » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:54 am

i dont like ps1 game but the ff7 ty any way :D
everything is gona be allright~

Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:57 am

Tonakai wrote:Hmm, I'm not entirely sure what's going on here.

I installed it just as you stated, run it in the same fashion Etc. The games show up, yet for every single game it pauses for a few seconds then gives me a C1-285803 error. I assumed this was the games not working, but I have a feeling there's more to it than that.

hmm you are using bin and cue right? Try changing the Drivers in eCFW. It could be the games. Also what menu are you using? TN, ymenu, vmenu for ecfw? I think alot of the compatibility issues for both PSX and PSP is the set CPU speed in eCFW

Tonakai

Post by Tonakai » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:00 am

Jd8531 wrote:

hmm you are using bin and cue right? Try changing the Drivers in eCFW. It could be the games. Also what menu are you using? TN, ymenu, vmenu for ecfw? I think alot of the compatibility issues for both PSX and PSP is the set CPU speed in eCFW
Yeah, I'm using Bin and Cue. I've just tried changing the drivers in the ecfw, and that 's made little difference (it now says loading game, pauses then gives me the same error). As for the games, I ripped them last night and tested them on the PC prior to placing them onto my Vita, so I'm not entirely sure it's that either.

Are there any naming conventions required?

Edit: I'm on TN Menu. I liked it, and didn't really feel a need for change.

RPT111

Post by RPT111 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 am

Tonakai wrote:
Jd8531 wrote:

Yeah, I'm using Bin and Cue. I've just tried changing the drivers in the ecfw, and that 's made little difference (it now says loading game, pauses then gives me the same error). As for the games, I ripped them last night and tested them on the PC prior to placing them onto my Vita, so I'm not entirely sure it's that either.

Are there any naming conventions required?

Edit: I'm on TN Menu. I liked it, and didn't really feel a need for change.
The first problem I had was the driver I was on didn't like running the loader. I think the M-55 driver (or what ever it is called) worked. The other problem i had was the names. Use that cap lock .BIN and .CUE was a problem I over looked. That is why I went through a huge thing of throwing different types of files at it.
Even though it was never mentioned :roll:

Tonakai

Post by Tonakai » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 am

RPT111 wrote:The first problem I had was the driver I was on didn't like running the loader. I think the M-55 driver (or what ever it is called) worked. The other problem i had was the names. Use that cap lock .BIN and .CUE was a problem I over looked. That is why I went through a huge thing of throwing different types of files at it.
Even though it was never mentioned :roll:
Sadly, it's still not working. I renamed the files in caps to be safe (obviously including the file extensions), but the error persists.

I did note something though; When using the Sony driver, it gets to the "Loading game..." dialogue prior to giving me the error, however, while using the March33 it crashes the moment I choose the game, then gives me the error code.

Return to “TN CEF”