Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Daedalus faster on TN-A?

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
Niceneasy92

Daedalus faster on TN-A?

Post by Niceneasy92 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:30 am

I've been looking around ever since the TN-A came out, and I've seen a couple people saying that Daedalus, the N64 emulator, actually runs a bit faster. Is it true? I have it on my vita, but I can't tell if theres an actual speed up or not. And if there is, would anyone know why? I can't see why there would be considering it's running inside of an emulated psp. If anything I would expect it to run slower. Anyone notice?
Advertising
"To William! To William! To William! To William!"-Coolest moment ever.

mlc

Re: Daedalus faster on TN-A?

Post by mlc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 am

I think it runs faster on TN-B, since the clock speed has been changed from 222 to 333 mhz.

But while I heard that it was faster on TN-A than on VHBL, I never noticed any actual difference in speed.
Advertising

ashrafazlan

Post by ashrafazlan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:21 am

Someone mentioned that Daedalus and Snes emulators run worse on Mad Blockers Alpha because it doesn't have media engine support.

immson

Post by immson » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:27 am

ashrafazlan wrote:Someone mentioned that Daedalus and Snes emulators run worse on Mad Blockers Alpha because it doesn't have media engine support.
Wololo told me in a pm that all of these hens are the same and the game doesn't make a difference. He said "The compatibility issues only matter in user exploits. For kernel exploits there is no difference."
pspgo ofw 6.20 w/ pro b 10 fix1 | psv ofw 1.81 w/ cef tn-b

Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:38 am

ashrafazlan wrote:Someone mentioned that Daedalus and Snes emulators run worse on Mad Blockers Alpha because it doesn't have media engine support.
NO, There is NO media Engine on Vita! It's not a thing with Games and also, This \/
immson wrote:Wololo told me in a pm that all of these hens are the same and the game doesn't make a difference. He said "The compatibility issues only matter in user exploits. For kernel exploits there is no difference."

VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:13 am

Just tried daedalus on TN-B, loaded a Banjo Kazooie rom, it ran but was slow. Still not that playable if you ask me.... Mariokart 64 crashed at main menu. Daedalus is still a nice bit of software though :)
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD

jayfelice

Post by jayfelice » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:19 am

Does anyone have a Snes emulator that doesn't suck? Snes games now run super slow for me. When I had the monster exploit for 1.80 it ran better. I can't seem to get SNES9X_TYL working with it, that is the emulator I used for snes for Monster Hunter exploit.

mindglitch

Post by mindglitch » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:50 am

jayfelice wrote:Does anyone have a Snes emulator that doesn't suck? Snes games now run super slow for me. When I had the monster exploit for 1.80 it ran better. I can't seem to get SNES9X_TYL working with it, that is the emulator I used for snes for Monster Hunter exploit.
what game are you playin that runs slow? i have tn-b for MBA and using snes9x_tyl 0.4.2 and it still runs great. i used the same one when i had monster hunter. mario runs great and looks less choppy. also donkey kong country runs extremely smooth.

have you tried messing with the video settings? at first DKC ran choppy and slow but changing the engine from "psp accel + APPROX soft" to "psp accel + ACCUR soft" made a world of difference. also some people have stated that changing the frame skip options helps with certain games.

dont forget if you find a setting that works you can save the settings under the GAME menu of snes9x.
-always use the search function before asking and if you receive help from anyone, say thanks and remember to pay it forward.
[spoiler]#387843 by dgjg0622
Tue May 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Me too,i can't install it, i am not back up, i can't update,I want dead[/spoiler]

Zyrkl

Post by Zyrkl » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:24 am

I hope that they work on a separate Vita emu when Yif's exploit comes out. That'd make my day :mrgreen:
2x Psp 1000 M33 5.00 CFW
Psp 2000 (Bricked)
Psp 3000 6.20 CFW
2x Ps Vita 3G 1.81 eCFW

Return to “TN CEF”