Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS SUITE FOR VITA

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Jaycloudz

PS SUITE FOR VITA

Post by Jaycloudz »

Snapshot_1.png
Snapshot_1.png (142.32 KiB) Viewed 9316 times
i just wanted to say that i have the ps suite sdk beta and if any mod such as moskito or wololo and etc would like to mess with it i can provide it to them via my email
sammysalter_6@hotmail.com

this is not a spam here is a picture for proof
Snapshot_1.png
Snapshot_1.png (142.32 KiB) Viewed 9316 times
Snapshot_2.png
Snapshot_2.png (153.06 KiB) Viewed 9316 times
Advertising
Proud User of 6.20 TN HEN (C)
PSP GO NP1001
noob

Re: PS SUITE FOR VITA

Post by noob »

and what is it exactly what you do with this?
Advertising
rafael707

Post by rafael707 »

to make games/apps officially for devs...
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don
noob

Post by noob »

rafael707 wrote:to make games/apps officially for devs...
and.. are these playable on the PSVita without it beiing hacked?
x.atlas

Post by x.atlas »

noob wrote:
rafael707 wrote:to make games/apps officially for devs...
and.. are these playable on the PSVita without it beiing hacked?
Yes :lol:
It's like XNA for Xbox360... although I don't know if PS Suite will be focused to game development or simply apps in general.
SifJar

Post by SifJar »

Pretty sure apps/games made with this SDK still need to be signed by Sony before they can be run on a Vita, so it is pretty much useless as is. Also, it would be illegal to use this for homebrew development unless Sony make it publicly and freely available. If, as before, they only provide the SDK to those in their developer program, it would be illegal to distribute or use the SDK without being in said program, making any homebrew made with it completely illegal.
x.atlas

Post by x.atlas »

SifJar wrote:Pretty sure apps/games made with this SDK still need to be signed by Sony before they can be run on a Vita, so it is pretty much useless as is. Also, it would be illegal to use this for homebrew development unless Sony make it publicly and freely available. If, as before, they only provide the SDK to those in their developer program, it would be illegal to distribute or use the SDK without being in said program, making any homebrew made with it completely illegal.
Even if Sony make it freely available, there's the possibility that we can't simply transfer apps/games to Vita. I bet they'll need to be uploaded, tested and accepted. Besides that, it can be a good platform for homebrew games. XNA seemed very good to me :lol: Hope this helps indie devs. Also, the more features they add to Vita, the more possibilities of finding security holes :roll:
SifJar

Post by SifJar »

x.atlas wrote: Even if Sony make it freely available, there's the possibility that we can't simply transfer apps/games to Vita. I bet they'll need to be uploaded, tested and accepted.
I meant once the Vita is hacked and homebrew is running. i.e. we can't run stuff made with it, but even if we could run the stuff made with it, it'd be illegal.
ViKtory

Post by ViKtory »

You can hide an exploit in the game, and if Sony checks it and doesn't find it, the exploit can be used to hack :3
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

ViKtory wrote:You can hide an exploit in the game, and if Sony checks it and doesn't find it, the exploit can be used to hack :3
I don't know how they will handle that with the playstation suite, but for "normal" games companies I know there are major contractual, legal and financial penalties if it is proven that you intentionally installed a backdoor in one of your games/apps on these consoles.
for the PS Suite I assume it would be as simple for them as remove your app from the store, to prevent whatever you did from being "widespread".
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

Return to “Programming and Security”