Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

List of PS Vita Network Traffic?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Yadda

List of PS Vita Network Traffic?

Post by Yadda »

Since my last question was moved to support, please allow me to rephrase it; this certainly is related to security.
I am looking for a complete list of servers/domains Sony uses to communicate with PS Vita.
Has anyone sniffed out the network traffic?

I found this list:
auth.np.ac.playstation.net
ena.net.playstation.net
mercury.dl.playstation.net
nsx.np.dl.playstation.net
tmdb.np.dl.playstation.net
us.np.stun.playstation.net
xmb.dl.playstation.net

I don't think it's complete; I blocked the entire playstation.net domain using my router but still received an update prompt from a game after activating wifi.
Advertising
CPUzX

Re: List of PS Vita Network Traffic?

Post by CPUzX »

are you sure the game doesn't contain an update file? Most game cartridges contain a directory specifically for updating to the known firmware of that game's release, and most untouched Vita VPK's also contain the update file, but unless you are referring to a game that has had it's update file removed, then I guess it could be that the game itself is trying to force you to update. If it's not the game, it could be that you need to try using a proxy server that blocks the update addresses, and finally if that doesn't work, you can always try looking around on the Vita filesystem to see if there's a text based document or a database you can open in a hex editor or SQL suite to change or delete some of the addresses, if they were to show up. You may need to use a proxy server to block out the problematic addresses, instead of your router.
Advertising

Return to “Programming and Security”