Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Help porting UDK Engine to PSVITA

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
udkultimate

Help porting UDK Engine to PSVITA

Post by udkultimate »

Hello folks,

This is my first post here on wololo. What made me came to here as that I recently purchased a PSVita, and I could not find any other site more complete about PS Vita Hacking and Homebrew than wololo.net. So I am enjoyning too much my Henkaku PS Vita and these amazing homebrew games and apps created by this wonderfull comunity here on Wololo.net.

I want to contribute to this wonderfull comunity, however, I need some help.

I am a Web Developer, however, I am also a "trying to be a hacker" :)

With the help of my curiosity, some C++ tutorials, and support of some awesome fellows and friends on other sites (PS4 News, BetaArchive, NGP foruns), I was able to "port" (not really port), I can say, I was able to make UDK Engine run on Xbox360, so now you can create homebrew games that run on Xbox360 (JTAG/RGH) using UDK Engine!!!

Here is the showcase video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBhHHiw_enc

In resume, what I did was that I used a very old Unreal Engine 3 Source Code which was leaked in 2011 (May 2011). With the help of other friends, I was able to make it run on Xbox360, because the original leaked Source Code was not complete, was missing some ini files and the Xbox360 Unreal Engine Shaders (*.usf) to be able to compile UDK Engine for Xbox360. So I did rip and edit these ini files from another Xbox360 game created in Unreal Engine (Deadlight).

And I was able as well to port UDK Engine for PS3. It was a trully pain to configure the PS3 SDK (3.00), because the Unreal Engine 3 Source Code needs a very specific setup of the folders from the PS3 SDK (you need to copy some files to specific locations and setup some environment variables). But in the end I was able to compile the UDK Engine for PS3, the only problem is that the resulting eboot.bin is a debug eboot and only run on my friends PS3 Devkit, and aswell on Rebug CFW in DEX mode. I tried a lot of resigners but no one did work to make it a retail eboot.bin.

So now my idea is to use the PS3 Unreal Engine Source Code as a base to port UDK to PS Vita. I am not a C++ Programmer, but I think I have an idea of what should be done. I think that first of all would be to change a file called UnPS3.h which is the unreal engine definitions specific for PS3 SDK. So I think we should change these SDK functions to the PSVita SDK functions equivalent.

I know Unreal Engine 3 runs on PSVita, because the UE3 2012 Build already has the PS Vita Source Code for Unreal Engine 3, however, this version was never leaked on the internet.

So would anyone here willing to help me? I have the entire Source Code already cleaned, organized, the Visual Studio Solution, everything setup and already have the instructions step by step on how to compile UDK Engine for both PS3 and Xbox360.

I think this would be the perfect moment to port UDK Engine to PS VITA, indeed, this would ressurrect the PSVita Scene. You can`t easily create a game for PS Vita without registering at Sony. In example, Nintendo allows anyone to register on their developer portal and download both Wii U and 3DS SDK and Unity Engine for both platforms. But sony no, Sony does not allow anyone to register and download their consoles SDK.

So I think there is no other option for creating PS Vita Games except the awesome Lua Player created by the comunity. So imagine if we can have all the power of Unreal Engine 3 at our hands!!! Imagine how many cool games could be created by UDK Engine for PSVita!!!

Please, help me folks!

Cheers.
Advertising
FirebirdTA01

Re: Help porting UDK Engine to PSVITA

Post by FirebirdTA01 »

If you have indeed managed to get it running already on the 360 and PS3, then that is more than intriguing enough for me to want in on the action. I'll help you out with it. I don't have all the time in the world to contribute, between my job and my own personal projects, but none the less I offer my assistance.

============

Also, you probably should avoid talking about having copies of leaked Sony or Unreal intellectual property. Especially on these forums.
Advertising
Last edited by fate6 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
RanDomnss

Post by RanDomnss »

Really hope you can get this up and running! I'd love to contribute, but I don't have any time to work on stuff like this. That and I only know C, Python and a tad bit of C#.
Ps Vita 3.18 TN-V10/ ARK
PS3 4.76 OFW :(
PixelButts

Post by PixelButts »

Interesting time seeing you here of all places.
I would like to see this work out as it's a nice thing to have on hand not only because its nice but because homebrew games are fun. Could probably finally compile the Gears 3 source to the vita to see just how fun it'll be (once someone passes it to me since the PS3 gears 3 data *someone* made was compiled wrong and wont work no matter your setup and it bothers me immensely).

I'd like to see what kind of fun could happen when we have UDK at our disposal for the Vita.

[spoiler]also reup those links. theyre dead.[/spoiler]
anvuong

Post by anvuong »

i think firstly we need to have a runtime Cg shader compiler . Rightnow , we onlyu have xyzz 's shader compiler that could only be run by using ARM emulator
udkultimate

Post by udkultimate »

Hello folks,

Thanks for all the replies and interest in this project. Like I said, I`m not a C++ Programmer, so because this the more programmers join on this project, will be better.

There is one guy here who is already helping me, but we need more people to join us for help.

I think the first, and smallest progress, we already have done. I was able to put the official Sony Vita Sdk 0945-YLoD for working perfectly, I have setup it and ALL the oficial SDK Samples are compiling in my computer perfectly, with no error. Soon i will upload these samples in vpk if anyone wants to run it on Henkaku PSVITA.

I know there is a free open source homebrew PS VITA SDK created by the comunity, which is awesome, however, as we are using the Unreal Engine 3 PS3 Source Code as a base to create the Vita Unreal Engine 3 Source Code, I am assuming that the homebrew Vita SDK will NOT work because the PS3 Free SDK did not work aswell to compile the Unreal Engine 3 Source Code, only the Official PS3 SDK 3.00 alongside with the PS3 Edge SDK. And for sure i tried almost all PS3 SDK avaiable (3.75, 3.6, 3.40, and so on), but only the 3.00 worked.

By the way, if anyone is interested in help us, shot me a PM. BUT THIS IS A FREE HOBIST PROJECT WITHOUT ANY FINANCIAL GOALS, AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN US, IT WILL BE JUST FOR LOVE AND PASSION FOR VITA AND UNREAL ENGINE :) . TRULLY, IF I HAD MONEY, I WOULD PAY FOR THIS HELP, BUT I DON`T :roll:

Cheers.
udkultimate

Post by udkultimate »

Hello folks. Sorry to be annoying, but no one else wants to help me on porting UDK to PSVita?

Thanks.
PixelButts

Post by PixelButts »

udkultimate wrote:Hello folks. Sorry to be annoying, but no one else wants to help me on porting UDK to PSVita?

Thanks.
This is a very slow site and many of the posters here are not really what you're looking for is the issue. The ones that ARE are usually busy with other things.

Just keep looking, more will show up soon
hexxellor

Post by hexxellor »

PB is right, it's a little slow. I think I helped you test your previous work, right? I'd be willing to help test again. I can *try* to help with other stuff but right now I've been so overwhelmed with work that I might not be too useful. Still, you can always bounce questions off of me if you have any.
udkultimate

Post by udkultimate »

@ hexxellor

Hello mate!!! Yes, I never forgot. You helped me testing UDK Game of PS3. Thanks Mate. About PSVita, I just thought it would be cool to have Unreal Engine 3 for free to anyone develop homebrew games for Vita, now with Henkaku and TaiHenkaku.

But I don`t have enough skills to port Unreal Engine 3 by myself to PS Vita, because this came here asking people`s help. I have a Henkaku PS Vita, and from a long time I did not find so much fun playing games like I am playing now, i think is because on the last years I focused too much on studying game development and 3D Modelling, so that I forget the fun on playing games, so because this I thought it would rock to be able to create a game and play on my PS Vita on the go.

Anyway, thanks and I will be waiting to see if someone can take this task of porting UE3 to PS Vita.

Thanks.

Return to “Programming and Security”