Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] libvita3d: a simple 3d library based on libvita2d

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
John Dupe

[Release] libvita3d: a simple 3d library based on libvita2d

Post by John Dupe »

I FINALLY got this to work! In it's current state, you can draw a cube in 3D (optional outline)
By "based on" I mean I grabbed libvita2d, and made it render in 3D.

You can get it here

Tomorrow I'll add things like camera movement, and functions to draw things using your own vertices and indices.
I'll also change all the variables from vita2d_* to vita3d_*

EDIT: Variables have been changed.
EDIT: forgot to mention that it's c++ only as it uses GLM.
Advertising
Stuff I've done:
libvita3d
Mithrot

Re: [Release] libvita3d: a simple 3d library based on libvit

Post by Mithrot »

Woah. Is this the kind of thing people have been saying needs to happen before we see 3D emulators (N64, etc)? Sounds like you're making a Frankenstein monster. :P
Advertising
John Dupe

Post by John Dupe »

Mithrot wrote:Woah. Is this the kind of thing people have been saying needs to happen before we see 3D emulators (N64, etc)? Sounds like you're making a Frankenstein monster. :P
It's one thing to make something YOU think is cool, but having someone ELSE think it's cool is a whole other level of happiness and accomplishment. Glad you like it. :D
Stuff I've done:
libvita3d
romain337

Post by romain337 »

I see no light management in your shader code, nor fog or something else that can render somethingelse than flat 3d.

There is no black magic in the ps vita gpu to do the 3d. All those topic about 3D is just a pain to see and read (and I must admit that make me nervous at some point). What we need is a compiled shader (or the source for those able to compile it themself). Writting C/C++ code to send vertices to the gpu is not even hard.

I've written code month ago that can render a triangle (or whatever form you want) in 3D. Nothing complicated compared to 2d rendering. All the thing is in the shader.... It the place where you will calculate light, fog, colors, etc. So let's write a shader instead of another third party derivated lib.

If you ask why I don't write the shader code. Well, I don't play well with math. I have friends that may help me but real life and work take all the time I have (just finished AskAnna on Android, available in France only I think).
John Dupe

Post by John Dupe »

I would have written a shader, but as I'm on windows, getting QEMU to run xyzz's shader compiler didn't want to work. If you (or anyone) can point me in the right direction to compile shaders, I'll be more than happy to figure out how lighting works and write a custom shader
Stuff I've done:
libvita3d
romain337

Post by romain337 »

John Dupe wrote:I would have written a shader, but as I'm on windows, getting QEMU to run xyzz's shader compiler didn't want to work. If you (or anyone) can point me in the right direction to compile shaders, I'll be more than happy to figure out how lighting works and write a custom shader
So basically you tease people with something that everybody "wait", but this is lies . You didn't even forked the libvita2d nor you give a single **ck to those that wrote lbvita2d in the README.md. Sorry if I am rude. I'll just move on.
John Dupe

Post by John Dupe »

romain337 wrote:
John Dupe wrote:I would have written a shader, but as I'm on windows, getting QEMU to run xyzz's shader compiler didn't want to work. If you (or anyone) can point me in the right direction to compile shaders, I'll be more than happy to figure out how lighting works and write a custom shader
So basically you tease people with something that everybody "wait", but this is lies . You didn't even forked the libvita2d nor you give a single **ck to those that wrote lbvita2d in the README.md. Sorry if I am rude. I'll just move on.
I'm so sorry, I didn't even think about giving Xerpi credit. The reason I didn't fork libvita2d is because I brought the project to Github after I got it to work, and I had to learn Git. I'm very sorry, it's been fixed.
Stuff I've done:
libvita3d
Jomann

Post by Jomann »

I tried to install the package the other night and after multiple failures I gave up, are you still working on this?
John Dupe

Post by John Dupe »

I try to work on it as much as possible, but school started up so I'm pretty busy. I had it installed and working under PSDK3v3 on Windows, just run make then make install and be sure to add -lvita3d to your makefile in LIBS

EDIT: After looking through your GitHub account, I thought you'd be wondering if it uses OpenGL. It doesn't, in case you couldn't tell by the source code (which would make sense, my code is fairly messy)
Stuff I've done:
libvita3d

Return to “Programming and Security”