Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Package Installer on firmware 3.60

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
ikilledzeus

Re: Package Installer on firmware 3.60

Post by ikilledzeus »

Can anyone pm me a working build of vitarw.vpk? I can't get the one from any guide to actually install
Advertising
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

You're supposed to compile it yourself, if you can't then its best not to mess with VitaRW.

It may be against the rules to post mine, they left it un-compiled for a reason.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

When I read VitaRW code, it seems it unmount all PS Vita partitions and remount them with read/write property.
How can you undo this change? By simply rebooting the Vita?
FeitX

Post by FeitX »

OperationNT wrote:When I read VitaRW code, it seems it unmount all PS Vita partitions and remount them with read/write property.
How can you undo this change? By simply rebooting the Vita?
Exactly.
"Either do something stupid or write something stupid"
-LeMe
CelesteBlue

Post by CelesteBlue »

dmaskell92 wrote:You're supposed to compile it yourself, if you can't then its best not to mess with VitaRW.

It may be against the rules to post mine, they left it un-compiled for a reason.
Yes, but either if you know how to compile a .vpk, compiling VitaRW is harder...
If you don't believe me, try to compile it, you will see...
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

OK you win

You need to understand how dangerous VitaRW is. The ONLY reason I'm linking to a compiled VPK is because I've tested this method and it works.

You can brick your Vita and there's no "Pandora Battery" to fix it.

Moderators please remove this link if you think its too dangerous. Just trying to help.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

I just tried this tutorial, I have a bubble which opens a valid Package Installer, thanks! :-)

However, in a stupid hurry, I forgot to backup the previous "NPXS10031" content... Fortunatly, I can put back the files from any CEX 3.60 PS Vita, right? No unique device encryption, I assume (otherwise, this trick wouldn't work)?
Thibault1171

Post by Thibault1171 »

Hi, I have a question: after installing Package Installer, should I reboot to put back my console like it was before, or do I have to launch again VitaRW? If I reboot, will I be able to use the bubble again, or must I launch Henkaku/redo the trick with VitaRW?
Thanks
SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH
PSP 1000/3000/GO
PSVita 1000 Datecode 2C running 3.60 HENKAKU
PS3 with up-to-date firmware
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Reboot to undue the changes from VtaRW, You don't even need HENkaku to launch the pkg installer BTW.
It just works™
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Byte

Post by Byte »

I'm having some issues getting the packages to show up. This is a factory-reset VITA that was manually updated to 3.60 using QCMA. Following some tutorials I've ran Content Manager (via WiFi) and "registered" the PC again by putting in that code. It then wants to "sign up for PSN" which of course fails because it wants to update the system software. I also see that QCMA adds the file(s) to its database on startup, so QCMA sees them.

When I start Package Installer, I get the familiar screen with Content Manager Assistant in bright white (it's grey if it can't connect to QCMA). When I tap Content Manager Assistant, I see the animation where it moves away to the left but then nothing happens, no packages. After a while I get 'The PC has been disconnected'.

I do notice that I get something like 'Connected to User948', do I need to run the activator app (when v3 comes out so you can enter PSN info) to get an activation file (like do IDU units have a PSN account installed? What account is used for that on real in-store units?)

Return to “Programming and Security”