Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Running QCMA, still says to update

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Chris_Highwind

Running QCMA, still says to update

Post by Chris_Highwind » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:25 pm

So I'm about to use the PS3 trick to transfer a game to my 3.50 Vita, but when I connect my Vita to my PC and run Content Manager through QCMA (Offline Mode, and protocol - latest), my Vita still says I have to update my system software. Why? Do I have to turn off Wi-Fi to transfer content without it asking for a firmware update? If so, how will I be able to do the PS3 part?
Advertising
PS3 Super-Slim 500 GB
PS Vita (32 GB Memory Stick): Henkaku Enso 3.60
PS4

nar001

Re: Running QCMA, still says to update

Post by nar001 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:59 pm

It happened to me too, you need to put the protocol to the one you have, if you put "latest", then you'll be prompted to update !
Advertising

corbin92

Post by corbin92 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:15 pm

I can still use CMA and QCMA on my 3.36 Vita.

Go to this post and scroll down a bit, under step one, you'll see something about downloading the psp2-updatelist.xml file for your region, do so. http://wololo.net/2013/01/25/psn-and-on ... les-proxy/. Don't worry about using Charles proxy. You don't need it, although it will still work (I think).

Then use Fiddler to change the redirect URL to the XML you downloaded. There's a tutorial for doing that here. viewtopic.php?f=65&t=43196

Where it says to edit the XML file, don't. Just simply add the rule as it tells you to and use the XML file you downloaded for 2.02. Also, make sure you edit the part that has the EXACT: and the updater URL to what this post tells you to.
CyPhErLoUs wrote:Also, using "EXACT:" under Rule Editor doesn't always work right since the URL seems to change randomly here in the US. To fix this, I changed the URL to just http://fus01.psp2.update.playstation.ne ... telist.xml in that box like so:

After doing that, just open up the PSN Store app, close it, then open up the Content Manager in order to access CMA/QCMA.
I exist only to show that I once existed; A Vagrant Soul with a story to tell.
~Me
PSN ID: CorbinR92
Systems Owned
PSP-1001
PS Vita Slim - 3.36 w/TN-V
PS3 (Shared with Family)
Contact Info/Websites
Tumblr
Facebook
Twitter
KIK: CorbinR92

d@rk51d3

Post by d@rk51d3 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:46 am

Turn off your Vitas wifi, reboot it and try again.

Return to “Programming and Security”