Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Vita Custom Bubble Maker

WhistlePixels
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Vita Custom Bubble Maker

Post by WhistlePixels » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi All,

So I made a custom bubble maker due to the process being a bit of pain in the ***. Essentially this tries to automate it.

This converts PSP isos for use in Vita PSP game bubbles.

Update:
Fully automated
Processing functions are better and faster
Text updates more accurately
Text can be copied if anything is of use to you after processing.

Drop sign_np and npdpc_fixed in "Files" along with your PSP backup and Sony XPD.
Click Get EBOOT and wait for the message "EBOOT.PBP ready!"

Screenshot
Image

The rest of the steps can be done with PSP filer after moving the eboot over with CMA.
More details are in the ReadMe, Zett does an excellent job of explaining the transfer process in his video.

Thanks to Zett for this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg3Y7_ohQ14

I can't record for ****, but I was able to get my backup of Ape Escape working via Lemmings (I like both games, it was a test! :D )

Updated file available here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/98uw1 ... _Maker.zip
Advertising
Last edited by WhistlePixels on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Reimu
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Vita Custom Bubble Maker

Post by Reimu » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:28 pm

Good Job, it works great so far :)

btw in the next version you should add PKGView with automatic file extraction and a config for the compression flag / startdat
Advertising
PS Vita 1k EU - 3.51 VHBL + custom Bubble
PS Vita 1k JP - 3.01 TN-V10 + PSOne Loader + custom Bubble
PS3 - 4.70 Rebug REX + webMAN
Nintendo 3DS XL NENE DX JP - 9.2.0-20J <-> 4.2

WhistlePixels
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Re: Vita Custom Bubble Maker

Post by WhistlePixels » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Honestly, I would really like to but I can't seem to find any information on command line arguments for PKGView. And as I don't think it's open source, I can't figure out how the decompression works...

config files...Startdat is a field I left open. I could get the program to check for a PNG called STARTDAT.PNG. That'll be easy. Compression is also easy, I can add a checkbox.

Thanks for the ideas! :D

User avatar
Nezumi46
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:43 pm

Re: Vita Custom Bubble Maker

Post by Nezumi46 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:53 am

i think this is must be great if not downloading pkg file again
Game i usually play
[spoiler]1. Osu!
2. Counter-Strike Global Offensive(Offline Play)
3. Need for Speed Most Wanted(PSVita)(Offline Play)
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3(Offline Play)[/spoiler]

WhistlePixels
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Re: Vita Custom Bubble Maker

Post by WhistlePixels » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:24 pm

KanadeEngel wrote:Good Job, it works great so far :)

btw in the next version you should add PKGView with automatic file extraction and a config for the compression flag / startdat
Just posted an update. It has all of your suggestions! :D

Fully automatic
Can have a boot image
Can try compression

Reimu
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Vita Custom Bubble Maker

Post by Reimu » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:24 pm

WhistlePixels wrote:
KanadeEngel wrote:Good Job, it works great so far :)

btw in the next version you should add PKGView with automatic file extraction and a config for the compression flag / startdat
Just posted an update. It has all of your suggestions! :D

Fully automatic
Can have a boot image
Can try compression
i see, thanks but the compression will not work (or take a lot more time) the tool still says the EBOOT.PBP is ready but it isn't
PS Vita 1k EU - 3.51 VHBL + custom Bubble
PS Vita 1k JP - 3.01 TN-V10 + PSOne Loader + custom Bubble
PS3 - 4.70 Rebug REX + webMAN
Nintendo 3DS XL NENE DX JP - 9.2.0-20J <-> 4.2

WhistlePixels
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Re: Vita Custom Bubble Maker

Post by WhistlePixels » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:49 pm

KanadeEngel wrote:
WhistlePixels wrote:
KanadeEngel wrote:Good Job, it works great so far :)

btw in the next version you should add PKGView with automatic file extraction and a config for the compression flag / startdat
Just posted an update. It has all of your suggestions! :D

Fully automatic
Can have a boot image
Can try compression
i see, thanks but the compression will not work (or take a lot more time) the tool still says the EBOOT.PBP is ready but it isn't
Yes, compression is not 100% sign_np tries to do it but sign_np does not guarantee compression. Therefore neither does my tool. Unfortunately this is something I can't control. I only recommend uncompressed if possible.

User avatar
digitalkid56
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:18 am

Re: Vita Custom Bubble Maker

Post by digitalkid56 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:47 pm

This worked amazingly well for me! I have a question which I can't seem to find on the forums, if I'm creating clone bubbles, for other homebrew or ISO's, where do I modify the paths? For example, I am using UNO which is NPUH10027, I created a clone and named it NPUH10000, I'm assuming I update the PATH.TXT in the HOMEBREW.ISO right? do I also have to match this new folder path in the PARAM.SFO in the PBOOT.PBP for the icon/name? And is there anywhere else I should be looking for this path change? Not quite sure how to manager more than one bubble.. thanks for the help!
PlayStation®Vita PCH-2000 (JDM Model • White) / Firmware 3.50 • (TNV-11)
PlayStation®Vita PCH-2001 (US Model • Black) / Firmware 3.18 • (TN-V Bubble)

WhistlePixels
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Re: Vita Custom Bubble Maker

Post by WhistlePixels » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:54 pm

digitalkid56 wrote:This worked amazingly well for me! I have a question which I can't seem to find on the forums, if I'm creating clone bubbles, for other homebrew or ISO's, where do I modify the paths? For example, I am using UNO which is NPUH10027, I created a clone and named it NPUH10000, I'm assuming I update the PATH.TXT in the HOMEBREW.ISO right? do I also have to match this new folder path in the PARAM.SFO in the PBOOT.PBP for the icon/name? And is there anywhere else I should be looking for this path change? Not quite sure how to manager more than one bubble.. thanks for the help!
To be completely honest with you, I'm not sure about cloning bubbles, however I am looking to add FTP support to try and automate EBOOT transfer for my program. And of course handle all the renaming etc. :)

When I get around to it, I might create a bubble cloning tool...

ffreak
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:03 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Vita Custom Bubble Maker

Post by ffreak » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:43 pm

Hey, I get an error message when the app wants to use pkg_decrypter.exe : index is out of the array (freely translated)
somebody has an idea how to solve it?

Post Reply

Return to “Homebrews”