Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[POC] Beta PKG Installation on retail 3.15

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
yifanlu
Guru

Re: [POC] Beta PKG Installation on retail 3.15

Post by yifanlu »

AlexTwolf wrote:Honestly happy that at least they are trying something. Unlike most in the scene that keep everything to themselves even with things at hand for fear of Sony updating their systems. And don't get me wrong because if you found something like a kernel exploit then it rightfully belongs to you as you did the work. But devs could stop announcing that they have said hack and then in the same breath say that they don't know when they will release it. Good job tomtomdu and team for trying to move things forward.
Has anyone ever said they have a kernel exploit? The only people I know who are recently announcing hacks without release are these guys. And koala, but they don't count.
Advertising
tomtomdu80
Buffer Overflow

Post by tomtomdu80 »

The goal of this post is not to "announce" anything, the original goal is to get some help about packages and get some informations about them from the ones who already made some researches :)
Advertising
mr.gas
Guru

Post by mr.gas »

at least I can redirect the link to wololo :lol:
and maybe something else 8-)

Attachments
2014-07-31-174941.jpg
2014-07-31-174941.jpg (60.86 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
YANOX

Post by YANOX »

@yifanlu Please stop USELESS posts dude. You always think that you know everything, but you are wrong. Your oversized ego obliges you to reply every topics to show the world that you're the best. It is may be time to grow up a bit..
mr.gas
Guru

Post by mr.gas »

YANOX wrote:@yifanlu Please stop USELESS posts dude. You always think that you know everything, but you are wrong. Your oversized ego obliges you to reply every topics to show the world that you're the best. It is may be time to grow up a bit..
you are awesome :lol:
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

YANOX wrote:@yifanlu Please stop USELESS posts dude. You always think that you know everything, but you are wrong. Your oversized ego obliges you to reply every topics to show the world that you're the best. It is may be time to grow up a bit..
and how exactly how is your post showing anything useful?
oh and btw guys, no offence but please try to stay on topic, especially since this is in the programming and security forum.
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

tomtomdu80 wrote:The goal of this post is not to "announce" anything, the original goal is to get some help about packages and get some informations about them from the ones who already made some researches :)
My mistake ;)
My actual goal is to *** off YANOX. Everything I've written is carefully crafted for that goal.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

way more useful than yours
Belmondo

Post by Belmondo »

unless you can calculate the psp ecdsa pkg private key (which as far as I am aware there were no collisions), then you won't be able to sign anything that would actually install on a retail vita.

Edit:
just generate a debug pkg with psn_package_npdrm and use geohots package_finalize to turn it into a psuedoretail(no ecdsa sig) pkg.

geohots ps3publictools
https://github.com/Acruber/ps3publictools
Last edited by Belmondo on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
YANOX

Post by YANOX »

I haven't any problem with you yifanlu, but I think what I said in my previous post, and btw I am sure I am not alone, they just do not want to upset you.

@Acid_Snake 8-)

Return to “Programming and Security”