Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Dumping Vita game card.

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: Dumping Vita game card.

Post by SMOKE »

yolo_ppl wrote:Hi there. Thanks for your answer. You didnt understand my question fully though. At katsu's tutorial there are 8 wires. They all connect with the pro duo and the game card at one point. Which these 8 points are on the pro duo and on the game card?
The first pic is the Pro Duo. The second pic is the Vita game card.
As for what points, I *think* you just match up the points in the pics. But then again, I've never done anything like this
Advertising
yolo_ppl

Post by yolo_ppl »

SMOKE wrote:
yolo_ppl wrote:Hi there. Thanks for your answer. You didnt understand my question fully though. At katsu's tutorial there are 8 wires. They all connect with the pro duo and the game card at one point. Which these 8 points are on the pro duo and on the game card?
The first pic is the Pro Duo. The second pic is the Vita game card.
As for what points, I *think* you just match up the points in the pics. But then again, I've never done anything like this
Well, that cant be the case i think, cauz the points are *many* whereas the wires are 8. So he "uses" 8 out of the x points and matches them up. Can anyone help? :?: Which points does he use?
Advertising
diesel701

Post by diesel701 »

yolo_ppl wrote:Well, that cant be the case i think, cauz the points are *many* whereas the wires are 8. So he "uses" 8 out of the x points and matches them up. Can anyone help? :?: Which points does he use?
If you see better the image, you will see that there are TWO cables. So I think that the wires are more than 8.. ;)
As I can see, it seems 5 wires on the top of the MS DUO and 8 wires on the back of MS DUO.. but maybe I'm wrong.
josh_axey
Retired Mod

Post by josh_axey »

@katsu
@yifan_lu

Have either of you tried using a monolith card with exposed debug headers for dumping in place of a TSOP NAND?

(Confirming having difficulty header to header on SanDisk monolithic, I think this is due to bad pinout info on the SanDisk monolithic, purchasing some older cards)
Catch me: on Twitter | on GitHub | Rambling
【・ヘ・?】0b00000101
jh_0108

Post by jh_0108 »

Is this method reversible? Make vita reads MS pro duo? I know nothing about hardware. Don't scold me. :oops:
aedando

Post by aedando »

motu90 wrote:It would be very simple to offer some regular "Apps" within the PlayStation Store for Sony. This is the best way to "prevent" piracy" and all those people only looking for some extra software on their devices wouldn't push piracy efforts further. Unfortunately there is no legal way of using ROMs and ISOs on any console...
Sorry for the necro, but this is basically what PS Mobile is. While PS Mobile doesn't give full hands-on access to the Vita's full potential, it still allowed aspiring game developers to make bite-sized games for the Vita. I recently started fooling around with PSM Unity and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's too bad that they're discontinuing the service later this year...

Getting access to developing on PS Mobile is relatively easy, and with the discontinuation of it Sony is shooting themselves in the foot. It's only going to motivate the hacking scene more and more to figure out how to develop homebrew on the Vita.
AbyssDweller

Post by AbyssDweller »

Wolfmade wrote:I really don't understand what the motive behind cancelling PS Mobile is.
It had a lot of problems. Not enough people used it and it was free, they couldn't keep up with Unity updates, people trying to exploit it. You could literally look through all the psm games and apps (in US) in like 10 minutes. Besides, they are getting rid of other features, it shouldn't be much of a surprise.

I just wonder what happens next, will the dev apps become completely useless? at the moment you can at least still play your own games on your Vita. I don't care about publishing it, I want to be able to play my stuff on my Vita...

Return to “Programming and Security”