Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Dumping Vita game card.

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
The Z
VIP

Re: Dumping Vita game card.

Post by The Z »

Gadorach wrote:So, assuming I have this correct. By finding a Vita-cart that uses accessible NAND chips, you can reprogram the NAND with any game you've ripped, apparently so long as it matches the same required firmware as the original game on the cartridge? Essentially, he created a piracy cart that can run a few different games so far... I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I mean, it's great that he's working on it, and it's pretty funny that Sony hasn't made this attack vector impossible, but now the piracy companies know too. I wonder how long it will be before decrypted ROMS turn up.

Oh well, I'm sufficiently happy with the release of the public Kernel-mode exploit for 4.1.0-4.5.0 firmware 3DS consoles along with the new homebrew scene showing up around it, so I can live with this for the time being. Hopefully this will lead to an exploit for the PS Vita as well.

Implying we can write to the vita cartridge carts.
Advertising
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
redcatex

Post by redcatex »

amazing work, now i want to see if you swap img files with same firmwares game if it will boot.
Advertising
Oguri

Post by Oguri »

It's awesome work but I don't like the smell of piracy :?
motu90

Post by motu90 »

It would be very simple to offer some regular "Apps" within the PlayStation Store for Sony. This is the best way to "prevent" piracy" and all those people only looking for some extra software on their devices wouldn't push piracy efforts further. Unfortunately there is no legal way of using ROMs and ISOs on any console...
My devices: PS1 + PS2 + PS3 | PSP + PSVITA
redcatex

Post by redcatex »

as speaking of piracy. it's always fun to do something what isn't allowed for an example, like now it would be nice to boot spoofed/swaped game from vita card.
ofc i'm not for or against piracy - for me i always checked game on xbox before buying it on ps3. now i only buy games for ps3, there was hard times, harder than now. but it's allways nice to know what you are buying, that's how it is for me. and ofc it would be nice to have more than one game per card or more games in vita itself without rebuying it from psn, because i prefer physical copy.
Taronish3

Post by Taronish3 »

I like play new games on old fw ,(fw2.00 run.3.01 game cart)
i love my psvita wololo site rocks . PSVITA h-encore enso 3.65 PlayStation® waiting for ps3 emu on PS vita
Trophies
PSNTrophy
FreePlay

Post by FreePlay »

Nice. I can foresee someone using this work to create a card adapter that lets you use an SD card with the Vita. It'd be interesting to see if you could do a 1:1 copy of the original card to an SD card and run the game that way.
abdou005

Post by abdou005 »

FreePlay wrote:Nice. I can foresee someone using this work to create a card adapter that lets you use an SD card with the Vita. It'd be interesting to see if you could do a 1:1 copy of the original card to an SD card and run the game that way.
you mean like this ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lib04RsKJug
IMPORTANT! English Speakers follow Koala "ps vita hacker progress" here --> https://www.facebook.com/koalavita
Koala PS Vita 3,01 HAck Video --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Ahks9N6lg
Ps Vita 1,81 --> Urbanix EU Exploit TN-V8
carnby77

Post by carnby77 »

Finally....this will teach those greedy Sony !!!
Keep it coming....yeh!

-----
Oguri wrote:It's awesome work but I don't like the smell of piracy :?

oh please!
Last edited by jc_gargma on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
BATMAN-787

Post by BATMAN-787 »

BIG Q(question) have this dumped game.image been open by another software to see whats inside since is decrypted? And how are they different from the psp game.iso(meaning in paths and file formats)? ill appreciate it if this gets answered honestly.

Return to “Programming and Security”