Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Dumping Vita game card.

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Dumping Vita game card.

Post by fate6 »

Freakler wrote:You just killed the good old original 32mb stick. It should be in a museum instead!! :mrgreen:
Don't worry there are plenty of those to go around :3

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
jleemero

Post by jleemero »

Beegee7730 wrote:This is interesting.
I assume this means that the PS Vita game cards use the same Magicgate as PSP, and by extention PS2, memory cards?
That's what it looks like.
That being the case, if the game is unencrypted to begin with (really?) it should be fairly straightforward to do the reverse.
Advertising
APRON-MAN

Post by APRON-MAN »

can you copy to the game card at all? hmm sounds like something to do and play around with
reprep

Post by reprep »

RandQalan wrote:
reprep wrote:so let's say we wired a vita card to a memory stick just like in the picture. Then we put an unencrypted vita game image to the memory stick and plug the vita game card to the vita, so vita will recognize it and run it as a retail vita card?

in short, does this work vice versa too?
I would not think that S would not allow unencrypted game to run if so major boo boo out of Zony :o

Sorry about that HI ;)
Hi RandQalan, it is great to see you around.

we will just wait and see i guess. and even if that way is possible, it will just be for piracy not for homebrew. i really want to be able to use homebrew on vita (good emulators, no CMA), piracy would just harm the console at this stage.
Taronish3

Post by Taronish3 »

video killed the radio star *
i love my psvita wololo site rocks . PSVITA h-encore enso 3.65 PlayStation® waiting for ps3 emu on PS vita
Trophies
PSNTrophy
rjwboys

Post by rjwboys »

internet killed the video star*
Taronish3

Post by Taronish3 »

Lol
i love my psvita wololo site rocks . PSVITA h-encore enso 3.65 PlayStation® waiting for ps3 emu on PS vita
Trophies
PSNTrophy
romain337

Post by romain337 »

Wow what a good news!

I hope to see some kind of custom cards in the futur, not for game copy (you can maybe prevent this kind of usage to be fairplay with Sony) to be able to run homebrew. I'm sure some blackhate will make their own mod to run backup, but at least, you'll be the good man forever.

Can we hope that dumping and reversing games will help somebody to make a devkit (in the hope that they are unencrypted) ? I mean something like devkitARM/devkitPSP? I hope so.

Thanks for the great news, things move.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

romain337 wrote:Wow what a good news!

I hope to see some kind of custom cards in the futur, not for game copy (you can maybe prevent this kind of usage to be fairplay with Sony) to be able to run homebrew. I'm sure some blackhate will make their own mod to run backup, but at least, you'll be the good man forever.

Can we hope that dumping and reversing games will help somebody to make a devkit (in the hope that they are unencrypted) ? I mean something like devkitARM/devkitPSP? I hope so.

Thanks for the great news, things move.
Ok where do I start, unsigned code/games/homebrew is against Sony TOS. That being said, a cart creator, would (probably) also be in violation of the cart patent. Long story short, any created cart would be "bad" in Sony's eyes, and they would act swiftly to shut down said patent violations. You can't just make a Vita cart and sell it, even if you made your own game. The Cart, and Vita are patents of Sony, and ANY violation of said patent designs get sued/shut down. Sony sells devkit Vita's, but I think you need a license to buy one.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
katsu

Post by katsu »

Multiple nand support
second nand RW support
all in one maybe cover
(dangerous orginal nand permanent deterioration burning)
dump game need orginal nand game FW.
dungeon hunter NAND test
wipeout2048 worked (slow+crash)
killzone not work (read nand) not see game.

not= this is not HACKED VITA
this is pirates games maybe support
maybe real hacked need https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICAvcoLlgPo PS Vita CEX to IDU Utility type 3 card :shock:

Psvita wifi 2.05TN-V/3.52OFW DUALNAND FW
psvita wifi 3.52OFW
PSTV US 3.52 HFW
PSTV JP 3.51 HFW

Return to “Programming and Security”