Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Qcma - Crossplatform content manager for the PSVita

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Aroth

Re: Qcma - Cross-platform content manager for the PSVita (0.

Post by Aroth »

Taronish3 wrote:Hey is there an update file in your notification tab in vita do delete and disable auto download update in system setting.
Nope, turns out it was a setting I had fiddled with in QCMA early in the afternoon when I was having problems getting it the vita to see the computer at all.
Advertising
nyx

Post by nyx »

Will the PPA ever be updated for Wily?
It's been dead since March.
Advertising
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

nyx wrote:Will the PPA ever be updated for Wily?
Done, there is a ppa for Wily now.

Released 0.3.10, this is a maintenance-only release with very few features:

+ Sort game entries alphabetically on the Vita side.
+ Fixed bug where users from some countries couldn't connect to qcma since the update xml provided wasn't valid for them.
+ Changed dbus support for unix signals on qcma_cli (linux only)
+ Added support for Ubuntu Wily, Fedora 23 and Debian Jessie.
- Removed support for Ubuntu utopic and vivid, Fedora 22 and Debian wheezy.

Warning: Some users (me included) reports that full backup restores fails sometimes on FW 3.51 (but works OK on 3.55). This seems a bug on the firmware itself since it happens too with the official Sony CMA. Not sure if this affects < 3.51. Individual game backup restores seems to work fine.

----

From now i won't be including new features and will be only be fixing some bugs on Qcma since i lack the time to deal with this project. Also i started the Qcma2 project some months ago so hopefully i can bring proper android support, multi account and remove the need for database reescans. There is no ETA for this one since i work on it on my free time.
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
Taronish3

Re: Qcma - Crossplatform content manager for the PSVita (0.3

Post by Taronish3 »

Good luck and best of luck code station. With new qcma2 will be waiting for a test run some time soon.
i love my psvita wololo site rocks . PSVITA h-encore enso 3.65 PlayStation® waiting for ps3 emu on PS vita
Trophies
PSNTrophy
rodpin

Post by rodpin »

codestation wrote:
nyx wrote:Will the PPA ever be updated for Wily?
Done, there is a ppa for Wily now.

Released 0.3.10, this is a maintenance-only release with very few features:

+ Sort game entries alphabetically on the Vita side.
+ Fixed bug where users from some countries couldn't connect to qcma since the update xml provided wasn't valid for them.
+ Changed dbus support for unix signals on qcma_cli (linux only)
+ Added support for Ubuntu Wily, Fedora 23 and Debian Jessie.
- Removed support for Ubuntu utopic and vivid, Fedora 22 and Debian wheezy.

Warning: Some users (me included) reports that full backup restores fails sometimes on FW 3.51 (but works OK on 3.55). This seems a bug on the firmware itself since it happens too with the official Sony CMA. Not sure if this affects < 3.51. Individual game backup restores seems to work fine.

----

From now i won't be including new features and will be only be fixing some bugs on Qcma since i lack the time to deal with this project. Also i started the Qcma2 project some months ago so hopefully i can bring proper android support, multi account and remove the need for database reescans. There is no ETA for this one since i work on it on my free time.
Finally! Now I'll be updating to Wily! Thanks a lot codestation! And again, thanks for your nice work (not forgeting about the others, of course!).
Mercenary09

Post by Mercenary09 »

For what it is, or isn't worth, I thought I'd share some problem I had with QCMA.

It kept crashing selecting anything to do with the restore/backup menu. I'm guessing one of the packages was backed from a Vita TV on 3.3x/3.52 which it couldn't see. I removed the packages from the folder it was looking in, refreshed database and then just placed them back and it worked again. Stopped crashing with all the files in too somehow. Was a headache to see it crash all the time trying.
PS Vita (PCH-1001) - 3.18
ryussf2

Post by ryussf2 »

Hi all,

I have tried the instructions of deleting the CMA, uninstalling QCMA completely and reinstalling it,
I was able to connect at one point, however it could still not "rebuild database". And now after numerous tries,
my PS Vita still will not connect to my PC (windows 10 - 64 bit). In the QCMA there is the option to select firmware,
and I have noticed that 3.36 is not listed.... could this be the reason I cannot connect successfully?

Has anyone a solution in how to connect a Vita with 3.36 to a PC, cause even the few times it connected,
I got the message of "Update software".

Id appreciate it if anyone could share some info or tips. Thank you :)
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

ryussf2 wrote:I was able to connect at one point, however it could still not "rebuild database". And now after numerous tries,
my PS Vita still will not connect to my PC (windows 10 - 64 bit). In the QCMA there is the option to select firmware,
and I have noticed that 3.36 is not listed.... could this be the reason I cannot connect successfully?
It isn't obvious, but you must select CMA protocol version "FW3.30" for all 3.3x firmwares, "FW3.10" for all 3.1x firmwares and so on. Also, you must use Offline Mode in all cases except when you're trying to update to the latest firmware.

So in order to connect your Vita to QCMA using USB cable:
Put QCMA in offline mode with the correct protocol version set.
Put Vita in airplane mode (with Wi-Fi disabled), turn it off and back on.
I personally have near 100% success rate on my 3.18 Vita when I try to connect to PC via USB with a disconnected USB cable, wait for "Can't connect to PC" error to appear, tap "Yes" on "Is CMA installed on the PC?" prompt, then connect USB cable, and only then tap "Connect".
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

codestation wrote:Also i started the Qcma2 project
Is there a repo for that? Also, with qcma, are you planning on dropping qt4 support now that the LTS release (qt5.6) is out?
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

Yes, but the repo is set to private for now (no license, has ptp headers that i intend to remove later, no documentation, no commit messages, etc). Right now only the vita/pc pairing works so is useless even for an alpha.

I got obsessed by making a full C++11/14 implementation (RAII, exceptions and almost no pointers) so this thing has made little progress on these months. Right now i am stuck waiting for this to be implemented so i can continue coding the usb subsystem. If you want access just send me a mail and create an account on bitbucket.

Also yes, i intend to remove all the Qt4 code soon.
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..

Return to “Programming and Security”