Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Black Friday Sale: Playstation Plus 1 Year subscription is $39.99 (33% off) on Amazon and other retailers, while supplies last.

Qcma - Crossplatform content manager for the PSVita

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Aroth

Re: Qcma - Cross-platform content manager for the PSVita (0.

Post by Aroth » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:28 pm

Any WORKING method to use any version of CMA on a 3.52 system without being forced to update?

Every single method and tutorial I have tried to follow results in being told "You must update the system software of this system.

Using VitaUpdateBlocker does not work.
Turning on Airplane Mode and killing wifi on both the vita and the computer DOES NOT WORK.

I spent 3 hours just trying to get the thing to even connect to my computer via usb and when I finally do it WANTS TO FRAKKING UPDATE >_< :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Advertising

szczuru

Post by szczuru » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:32 pm

Use QCMA, turn off wifi on Vita, restart it and connect to QCMA (check "offline mode" in QCMA settings).
Advertising

Aroth

Post by Aroth » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:53 pm

szczuru wrote:Use QCMA, turn off wifi on Vita, restart it and connect to QCMA (check "offline mode" in QCMA settings).
Did you read what I said?

Either way I tried it EXACTLY like you said just in case and it DOES NOT WORK.

Vita has airplane mode enabled and wifi turned off.
Restarted the system.
Disconnected laptop from the internet and THEN started QCMA.
Try to connect vita to QCMA and get prompted to update.

Anyone else want to tell me to do something I already tried?

Edit: To clarify, I did do exactly what you said, after you posted, just in case maybe I missed something or scr..ed up. Got the exact same result.

szczuru

Post by szczuru » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:17 am

Try to rebuild database, then connect to QCMA with airplane mode.

Aroth

Post by Aroth » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:22 am

szczuru wrote:Try to rebuild database, then connect to QCMA with airplane mode.
Rebuild on the vita or in QCMA?
Nvm, obviously on the vita.

Btw, is there any way to delete an update file that may have been downloaded already and is waiting to be installed? Starting to suspect if this is the problem and why it somehow knows it needs an update even when neither it nor the computer it is connecting to have internet access.

edit:

And no luck. Still somehow knows it needs an update and demands I do it.

Taronish3

Post by Taronish3 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:31 am

Hi bro start vita in recovery reboot it then see. And restart pc then start qcma offline
i love my psvita wololo site rocks . PSVITA h-encore enso 3.65 PlayStation® PLUS waiting for new cfw
Trophies
PSNTrophy

Aroth

Post by Aroth » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:44 am

Taronish3 wrote:Hi bro start vita in recovery reboot it then see. And restart pc then start qcma offline
So in over the course of the last few hours and repeated uninstalls and reinstalls of both CMA, Open CMA and QCMA, I was finally able to get my vita to connect to CMA via USB with the Open CMA patch installed. Unfortunately it seems QCMA is required for installing *** and while before I could get the vita to connect to QCMA over both wifi and usb (albeit with a "you must update" message on both), now I cannot get the vita to connect to QCMA over USB at all. Just "Could not connect to the PC".

I did try your suggestion but seeing as atm I cannot connect via USB, I am a bit scr..ed.

edit: Got it to connect to QCMA again by reinstalling QCMA (suspect I will be unable to connect to OpenCMA now), and I am back to "You must update the system software".

Seems to me that QCMA is not properly blocking the update request anymore.
Last edited by Aroth on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taronish3

Post by Taronish3 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:51 am

Both qcma/Sony opencma drivers are different install any one after a uninstall I suggest remove both and restart pc install qcma restart pc and see.
i love my psvita wololo site rocks . PSVITA h-encore enso 3.65 PlayStation® PLUS waiting for new cfw
Trophies
PSNTrophy

Taronish3

Post by Taronish3 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:53 am

Aroth wrote:
Taronish3 wrote:Hi bro start vita in recovery reboot it then see. And restart pc then start qcma offline
So in over the course of the last few hours and repeated uninstalls and reinstalls of both CMA, Open CMA and QCMA, I was finally able to get my vita to connect to CMA via USB with the Open CMA patch installed. Unfortunately it seems QCMA is required for installing *** and while before I could get the vita to connect to QCMA over both wifi and usb (albeit with a "you must update" message on both), now I cannot get the vita to connect to QCMA over USB at all. Just "Could not connect to the PC".

I did try your suggestion but seeing as atm I cannot connect via USB, I am a bit scr..ed.

edit: Got it to connect to QCMA again by reinstalling QCMA (suspect I will be unable to connect to OpenCMA now), and I am back to "You must update the system software".

Seems to me that QCMA is not properly blocking the update request anymore.
And don't be scared.
Trophies
PSNTrophy

Aroth

Post by Aroth » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:53 am

Taronish3 wrote:Both qcma/Sony opencma drivers are different install any one after a uninstall I suggest remove both and restart pc install qcma restart pc and see.
Just edited my post, but yeah. I got it to reconnect to QCMA by reinstalling it and rebooting the computer, but now it demands a system update again. Everything I am seeing points to the "offline mode" feature of QCMA being flat broken.

Return to “Programming and Security”