Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Qcma - Crossplatform content manager for the PSVita

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Re: Qcma - Crossplatform content manager for the PSVita (0.3

Post by Xian Nox »

codestation wrote:If you want access just send me a mail
Would love to, even though I may still only be capable of doing UI.
Speaking of UI, do you think QML is worth it using for creating UIs?
codestation wrote:create an account on bitbucket
https://bitbucket.org/xiannox/
Advertising
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

Added. I will update the readme tomorrow with the full goals of the project and the ideas for the UI comunication. Qcma2 intends to be a library so a QML, android or Web UI can connect to it without any extra changes.
Advertising
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
JamX

Post by JamX »

I have a problem with restoring the backup to my Vita using this latest QCMA.
My Vita FW is latest 3.57. I try backing up the 32GB data files to my computer and it's fully working, but when trying to restore back, the progress always stopped at 21GB then it shows errors on Vita.

I have two different 32GB backups, one from previous QCMA version using Vita 3.55 or something (I forgot since its from October 2015) that I still kept it on my PC and then this recent one, latest QCMA with 3.57.

I can restore the old, 3.55 backup perfectly using latest QCMA but I don't know why 3.57 backup creates an error. I tried countless times, still with error, although I have format and refresh database of my Vita.
SILENT_Pavel

Post by SILENT_Pavel »

Cyber wrote:So in order to connect your Vita to QCMA using USB cable:
Put QCMA in offline mode with the correct protocol version set.
Put Vita in airplane mode (with Wi-Fi disabled), turn it off and back on.
I personally have near 100% success rate on my 3.18 Vita when I try to connect to PC via USB with a disconnected USB cable, wait for "Can't connect to PC" error to appear, tap "Yes" on "Is CMA installed on the PC?" prompt, then connect USB cable, and only then tap "Connect".
Thank you very much for this useful info! Works like a charm on my 3.18 vita. Without this QCMA does not detect my console, this method is not obvious.
Last edited by SILENT_Pavel on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vita
PCH-1008 WiFi, 3.18 OFW, 16Gb, EU PSN --> Go! Sudoku + Sports Superbikes 2 exploits.
suzy_k

Post by suzy_k »

Hi guys. Dusted off my PS Vita and booted it up after the longest time today. Connected it to my laptop and QCMA, only to be greeted with the dreaded "update your firmware" message. This is what I get for not keeping my Vita in Airplane mode. :?

I know the situation may be somewhat salvable if I use Charles to spoof a firmware update. But the update files for 3.01 are down on zload, and I can't find them anywhere else! Does anyone have them? Please help me out by uploading them if you can. Thanks. :)

I have one from OpenCMA r5: psp2-updatelist.xml, but I don't think that'll work. I'm following the instructions in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B__jx3RaNYs

Either that, or I wait for a new exploit. Are exploits still coming out for the Vita? I hope so. Thanks for your hard work, everyone.
devildwarf

Post by devildwarf »

suzy_k wrote:Hi guys. Dusted off my PS Vita and booted it up after the longest time today. Connected it to my laptop and QCMA, only to be greeted with the dreaded "update your firmware" message. This is what I get for not keeping my Vita in Airplane mode. :?

I know the situation may be somewhat salvable if I use Charles to spoof a firmware update. But the update files for 3.01 are down on zload, and I can't find them anywhere else! Does anyone have them? Please help me out by uploading them if you can. Thanks. :)

I have one from OpenCMA r5: psp2-updatelist.xml, but I don't think that'll work. I'm following the instructions in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B__jx3RaNYs

Either that, or I wait for a new exploit. Are exploits still coming out for the Vita? I hope so. Thanks for your hard work, everyone.
If its just the update your vita message just put it in airplane mode then restart the vita (turn it off by holding the power button) then when you reboot use QMCA with the correct protocol and the offline mode button selected (in settings in QMCA) and it should connect and you shouldn't see the update vita message.
suzy_k

Post by suzy_k »

devildwarf wrote: If its just the update your vita message just put it in airplane mode then restart the vita (turn it off by holding the power button) then when you reboot use QMCA with the correct protocol and the offline mode button selected (in settings in QMCA) and it should connect and you shouldn't see the update vita message.
Hi, thanks for responding so quickly! I think I'm outta luck at this point. Sony is super-aggressive about PSV updates. I should've gone into Airplane Mode and then should've rebuilt the database immediately after, but alas. I was impatient.

I tried that, and unfortunately, it didn't work. I even tried rebuilding the database. Also, I've had QCMA run in Offline mode since I installed it years ago.

I also set QCMA to Custom, and underneath that, FW 3.10 - 1800010, and underneath that, it says 1800010. I don't know if that refers to 3.01 or not, but I got the same update message on every other FW I tried. I even managed to get my hands on the psp2-updatelist-261.xml, but using it with Charles didn't solve the issue. I just keep getting errors with that .xml.

I tried Vita Update Blocker as well, but I'm pretty sure it's not working because the latest FW update (3.60) wasn't released a week ago. It works--it manages to spoof the firmware so whenever I check System Update (it tells me I have the latest firmware installed), but when I go into CMA, I get the update message. Even when I click on the "update your system" link from CMA--it gives me the "latest update installed" message, but CMA won't let me proceed.

So CMA and PSN are stuck in the update loop; I'm guessing it's some Sony firmware signing issue at this point. Guess I'll try again when Sony releases a new update. But Sony might've gotten smart and patched the exploit by now. Oh well.

I don't know if using a PS3 to connect will solve anything. The PS3 in my house is on the latest firmware (sadly it doesn't belong to me).

I could also wait for the next exploit... if it ever comes out. I've got $27 in my PSN account that I can't take out. :( Sony refuses to refund you directly for games...

Anyway, check this out:

http://i.imgur.com/o7HYz5V.png

I managed to access my PSV's internals via FTP... from the PSP emulator (TN-V) itself! I used the native FTP Connection built into CFW 6.60. But the PSV doesn't recognize any files unless they're in folders. I managed to transfer a few .mp3s this way. Now, the PSV recognized the music files, but the PSP emulator didn't. :( I wonder if I'll be able to transfer games this way. It might, but IDK where everything should go; it's been so long since I used this thing. Plus I only have a 4GB memory card.

EDIT: Oh my god, it takes forever to transfer games this way. 50 minutes for 1.36GB! Also, it looks like you can't directly play the ISO itself--you have to extract the data files and so on. You have to follow the same format as the other games. CMA does this for you automatically when you transfer games over (obviously), and I'll have to do it for myself manually every time... yikes.
suzy_k

Post by suzy_k »

I'm happy to report that my PS Vita (on 3.01) is no longer asking me to update to the latest firmware.

Basically, after trying a bunch of times to salvage my Vita a few weeks back, I decided to give up, switch on Airplane Mode, and put it back in my drawer, out of sheer frustration. And it paid off!

Just today, I switched my OS to Ubuntu 16.04, and I thought I'd install QCMA for kicks. I thought my PS Vita would be stuck on the update screen in CMA forever... but nope! QCMA Linux seems to have some something to make the Vita think it's on the latest firmware. Maybe because it was off for so long? Who knows.

Everything is working perfectly now. Just backed up my Vita to my computer. I'm so glad I didn't do something rash and foolish like choosing to update to the latest firmware out of anger. Also, Airplane Mode. I learned to always use Airplane Mode. Don't know why I neglected switching it on in the past.

I knew QCMA would come through! Thank you, codestation!

To be honest, QCMA doesn't do much for me... only because I only have a tiny 4GB card in my Vita! That's like 1-2 full games. :| And PSV memory cards are still ridiculously expensive! I wish someone would hack the Vita to make it take normal SD cards, lol.
monoestate

Post by monoestate »

I just started QCMA for use with my VitaTV on 3.60 and whenever I try to use it to move pictures it promptly says it's disconnected from my PC.
It can back up saves and applications like normal but whenever it comes to pictures it always fails.
I'm running QCMA 0.3.12 on Win10
djricekcn

Post by djricekcn »

I am having trouble on PSVita 3.6 and the VITA keeps saying パソコンと接続できませんでした。 English equivalent should be Unable to connect to PC

Return to “Programming and Security”