Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Qcma - Crossplatform content manager for the PSVita

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
TheDevilItSelf!

Re: QCMA - Cross-platform content manager for the PSVita (0.

Post by TheDevilItSelf! » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:28 pm

@codestation

voy a reportar esto pero no estoy seguro si tiene que ver con Qcma 2.8 aun no lo pruebo con el
OpenCMA R5 Usualmente paso mis ISO/CSO de manera .mp3 Osea las zipeo y luego le cambio la
extension para que el Psvita crea que es un file mp3, el hecho es que si hay un error y cancelas
la tranferencia del ISO.mp3 Qcma no elimina ese file lo deja corrupto en el folder de Musica,
diras pero eso es facil! borralo desde el app the musica del Psvita, pues no,no se puede el ISO.mp3
no aparece en el App de musica pero si en el folder de Musica del TN-V en Psp://Music con el TN-V
no le puedes dar delete y con el app pues no le puedes dar delete tampoco, creo que el Qcma 2.8
no le dsa delete al file cuando se cancela una transferencia al folder de musica.

I will report this but not sure if it has to do with 2.8 Qcma not even taste the
OpenCMA R5 usually spend my ISO / CSO so. Mp3 Osea the zipeo and then change the
extension for the PSVita think is an mp3 file, the fact is that if there is an error and
canceled The deed of ISO.mp3 Qcma not remove the leaves corrupt file in the Music folder,
diras but that's easy! delete it from the app the music of the PSVita, then no, it can not be
the ISO.mp3 not appear in the App fr music folder but in the Music of TN-V in :/ PSP / Music
with TN-V You can not give you delete the app and then you can not give him delete either,
I think the Qcma 2.8 not delete the file when you transfer the folder of music is canceled.

Not worthy ^^^ sucks *** google translation.
Advertising

codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Is the responsability of the PS Vita to delete incomplete transfers, CMA cannot delete anything in the Vita on its own.
Advertising
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..

SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:41 am

@codestation
Once I removed those files from /usr/local/lib/ and /usr/local/include and then reinstalled the .deb packages, I cannot reproduce the error. I'm guessing that was the problem. Imma stick to using the .deb packages instead of compiling it myself. Thanks for the help and sorry to be such a pain

Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Okay, back from random trips of mine now, so I should finally finish that nsis script.
Random Qt-specific issue that I found while using qcma: while a message box (QMessageBox) is open, the right-click tray icon menu is inaccessible. This seems to be Qt-specific, and only on Linux; on Windows, tray icon menu is accessible normally.
Also, gave jc_gargma access to edit the wiki. @codestation: Should have given you access as well to begin with, but github doesn't really make it easy to understand how to do what, and it slipped my mind when I added jc. Added you now anyways, this should give you access to edit the wiki if you want to, and no idea what else tbh.
SMOKE wrote:
codestation wrote:Are you sure that you don't have another older copy of vitamtp.h in /usr/local/include ?
That fixed that problem.
Entry tagged, categorized, recorded.
- Added note of the ENABLE_KDE qmake flag in the wiki.
Regarding this part of main.cpp:

Code: Select all

//TODO: check if this is actually needed since we don't have a main window by default
    QApplication::setQuitOnLastWindowClosed(false);
Yes, it's required. Otherwise closing the backup manager/any other window exits qcma.

Edit: I'm curious, does QSettings have a lot of overhead on usage? I haven't noticed any, but should I only use it in constructors, or I can freely create QSettings objects in members as well?

Edit: haven't had any issues with 0.2.8, excluding the one time when I wanted to transfer P4 (~3+GB) using USB. Transfer was taking a long time (eta on Vita was something ridiculous like, 160minutes), but I have been unable to replicate it.
Repost edit: regarding the logging, check this branch. It adds a logfile instead of outputting it to a QTextEdit.
Unfortunately, QFile doesn't have a close() slot, and the deleteLater() slot actually doesn't flush the write caches so I had to make a Logfile class to take care of it. And now that I think of it, it will only catch messages passed via the Qt message handler.

codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:27 pm

Xian Nox wrote:Random Qt-specific issue that I found while using qcma: while a message box (QMessageBox) is open, the right-click tray icon menu is inaccessible. This seems to be Qt-specific, and only on Linux; on Windows, tray icon menu is accessible normally.
I opened the delete confirmation QMessageBox (from the backup manager) and still let me access the system tray icon (Qt4 + KDE notifier icon). In Linux, are you using Qt4 or Qt5?
Xian Nox wrote:Also, gave jc_gargma access to edit the wiki. @codestation: Should have given you access as well to begin with, but github doesn't really make it easy to understand how to do what, and it slipped my mind when I added jc. Added you now anyways, this should give you access to edit the wiki if you want to, and no idea what else tbh.
Thx. BTW, do you know an editor on Linux that show previews of the markdown format that github uses? I prefer to do not use an online tool for that.
Xian Nox wrote:Yes, it's required. Otherwise closing the backup manager/any other window exits qcma.
I read that it was needed but on my very early tests with qcma the line didn't have any effect. Thanks for the confirmation.
Xian Nox wrote:Edit: I'm curious, does QSettings have a lot of overhead on usage? I haven't noticed any, but should I only use it in constructors, or I can freely create QSettings objects in members as well?
QSettings has an internal cache so it doesn't read or write to the hdd at all (so there is no overhead on I/O). You can force it to write to disk with sync() or it will do it eventually after the object is destroyed. Unless you determine that the specific usage of QSettings is the bottleneck of your application i don't see the need to optimize it by reading all your values on the ctor.
Xian Nox wrote:Edit: haven't had any issues with 0.2.8, excluding the one time when I wanted to transfer P4 (~3+GB) using USB. Transfer was taking a long time (eta on Vita was something ridiculous like, 160minutes), but I have been unable to replicate it.
A game? The Vita already send those using segments so shouldn't be affected by any change between 0.2.6 - 0.2.8.
Xian Nox wrote:And now that I think of it, it will only catch messages passed via the Qt message handler.
:(

I have two ways of resolving that:
* Add an extra argument to VitaMTP_Set_Logging so one can pass a custom descriptor (so the library doesn't use stdout/stderr).
* Find a way to redirect the stdout/stderr of the process to a file.
Plugin list
Just feel the code..

Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:50 pm

codestation wrote:I opened the delete confirmation QMessageBox (from the backup manager) and still let me access the system tray icon (Qt4 + KDE notifier icon). In Linux, are you using Qt4 or Qt5?
Qt5/KDE.
codestation wrote:do you know an editor on Linux that show previews of the markdown format that github uses? I prefer to do not use an online tool for that.
Unfortunately I don't know any. Kate only has highlighting, and I mostly use Dillinger, but that's an online tool.
codestation wrote:I read that it was needed but on my very early tests with qcma the line didn't have any effect. Thanks for the confirmation.
What I did was comment it out, run qcma. It started properly, but after opening any window, closing it would cause qcma to close.
codestation wrote:I have two ways of resolving that:
* Add an extra argument to VitaMTP_Set_Logging so one can pass a custom descriptor (so the library doesn't use stdout/stderr).
* Find a way to redirect the stdout/stderr of the process to a file.
QProcess has stdout/stderr redirection; QThread and QApplication don't from what I know.
Though, out of these options, the custom descriptor is the better one.

kouchan66

Post by kouchan66 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:18 am

In the Wi-Fi connection, update will request an QCMA is offline mode.
Last edited by kouchan66 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:00 pm

kouchan66 wrote:Is the firmware update requests or offline mode on Wi-Fi connection.
This specification are you?
I assume that english isn't your native language, right? (cannot understand most of your sentence).

Trying to give you an answer: The firmware update requests are completly blocked if "offline mode" is enabled, but this is only for USB connections. If you try to connect to Qcma via WiFi the PS Vita will try to connect to the Internet directly bypassing the content manager.

The only way to use Qcma with wireless connection on a lower firmware is to connect it via USB first, Qcma will feed the Vita false update info so it won't try to connect to the Internet again until a few days have passed (or until you power off your Vita).
Plugin list
Just feel the code..

doragasu

Post by doragasu » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:27 pm

I have been waiting for this application since I bought my PSVita more than a year and half ago. Actually, I didn't connect my Vita to the PC until now. MANY MANY THANKS to Yifan Lu and Codestation!!!

Unfortunately, I think I have a problem (might not be one, maybe the program just works different than I think). Let me explain.

I'm using x86_64 ArchLinux, and I built both vitamtp library and qcma from AUR. They were built flawlessly. Then I launched qcma from the console, a window popped up requesting some directories, I filled them, accepted and no more windows popped up. As the program continued running, I connected my Vita to the PC, fired the content manager and was able to transfer all my games, pictures and saved data to the PC. But I have seen screenshots of a savegame manager on the net, and I cannot find it anywhere. How can I get it? Is it only included in the KDE version of qcma?

codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:34 pm

doragasu wrote:But I have seen screenshots of a savegame manager on the net, and I cannot find it anywhere. How can I get it? Is it only included in the KDE version of qcma?
Right click on the tray icon and select the backup manager.
Plugin list
Just feel the code..

Return to “Programming and Security”