Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

openCMA for Linux

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
xerpi
HBL Collaborator

Re: openCMA for Linux

Post by xerpi » Sat May 04, 2013 1:12 pm

I have downloaded it again and I've had to add -I/usr/include/libxml2 to CFLAGS in the Makefile to make it find libxml/xmlmemory.h.
In my case this header is in: /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlmemory.h

After adding this, it compiled successfully.
Advertising

Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake » Sat May 04, 2013 1:23 pm

xerpi wrote:I have downloaded it again and I've had to add -I/usr/include/libxml2 to CFLAGS in the Makefile to make it find libxml/xmlmemory.h.
In my case this header is in: /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlmemory.h

After adding this, it compiled successfully.
or you could have linked /usr/include/libxml2/libxml to /usr/include/libxml
Advertising

SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE » Sat May 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Ok, so thanks yifanlu, I have it installed.
One more question.. How do I run it?
Ive tried going to /usr/local/bin and then run ./opencma with all the paths but this is what I got:

Code: Select all

smoke@smoke:~$ cd "/usr/local/bin"
smoke@smoke:/usr/local/bin$ sudo ./opencma -p "/home/smoke/Pictures/" -v "/home/smoke/Videos/" -m "/home/smoke/Music/" -a "/home/smoke/PSVita/"
[sudo] password for smoke: 
./opencma: error while loading shared libraries: libvitamtp.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
smoke@smoke:/usr/local/bin$ 

yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu » Sat May 04, 2013 7:47 pm

SMOKE wrote:Ok, so thanks yifanlu, I have it installed.
Ive tried going to /usr/local/bin and then run ./opencma with all the paths but this is what I got:

smoke@smoke:/usr/local/bin$ sudo ./opencma -p "/home/smoke/Pictures/" -v "/home/smoke/Videos/" -m "/home/smoke/Music/" -a "/home/smoke/PSVita/"
./opencma: error while loading shared libraries: libvitamtp.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Ubuntu is stupid. It puts $prefix to "/usr/local", installing libs to "/usr/local/lib" but it doesn't look into it by default.
You need to type

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
Every time or do it automatically (there's tons of ways).

Also, no offense, but if you can't figure out some of these stuff, maybe you shouldn't be using opencma at this point. I didn't try to make it user friendly because it's more important to get things working bug free. You should wait for the deb release in a bit.

hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 » Sat May 04, 2013 7:52 pm

yifanlu wrote: Also, no offense, but if you can't figure out some of these stuff, maybe you shouldn't be using opencma at this point. I didn't try to make it user friendly because it's more important to get things working bug free. You should wait for the deb release in a bit.
I could make it user friendly for you if I can get a compiled linux version (Too lazy to do it myself)
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"

xerpi
HBL Collaborator

Post by xerpi » Sat May 04, 2013 8:47 pm

SMOKE wrote:Ok, so thanks yifanlu, I have it installed.

I had the same problem (libvitamtp.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), then I ran "sudo ldconfig" and problem solved :)

Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake » Sat May 04, 2013 10:14 pm

yifanlu wrote: I didn't try to make it user friendly because it's more important to get things working bug free. You should wait for the deb release in a bit.
agree 100%, plus I don't find that hard to use, I mean most linux users will find it easier, besides making an app user friendly is as simple as making a GUI, I could make one but I've decided not to as I don't see it as a big must, plus I'm lazy

hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 » Sat May 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Acid_Snake wrote:
yifanlu wrote: I didn't try to make it user friendly because it's more important to get things working bug free. You should wait for the deb release in a bit.
agree 100%, plus I don't find that hard to use, I mean most linux users will find it easier, besides making an app user friendly is as simple as making a GUI, I could make one but I've decided not to as I don't see it as a big must, plus I'm lazy
Lol, I don't see it as a big must either (and I am lazy) but I still find it convenient to have a GUI (so, I am making one)
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"

onnz423

Post by onnz423 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:15 am

Theredbaron wrote:
onnz423 wrote: You should use linux based OS. They are best.

Heres some material for you man:

While I do love that pic, and it was my boot screen for years, that isn't exactly a good reason to switch. You can find tons of like pics dealing with Win beating Lin, or mac, or whatever.
Im telling the truth. Win has loads of viruses and malware and linux has only few. PS. Windows is an virus :D

fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:36 am

onnz423 wrote: Im telling the truth. Win has loads of viruses and malware and linux has only few. PS. Windows is an virus :D
enough ok you dont like windows we get it
anymore off topic posts will result in a warning
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Programming and Security”