Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Vita charles and fiddler2 2.02 proxy problems

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Sunny-Tech-UK

Re: Vita charles and fiddler2 2.02 proxy problems

Post by Sunny-Tech-UK »

Hello JonathanH, thanks for your help.

It actually is working for me, I was able to sign into my psn account and i am able to go into the psn store. :)

Charles did not work for me, but fiddler2 worked perfectly for me :)

I only have a slight problem though, I am trying to download the free playstation mobile game "beats slider" and I get the following message:

"could not connect to the server or device within the time limit (NW-5603-4)"

What do I do now?
Advertising
Sunny-Tech-UK

Post by Sunny-Tech-UK »

Hi guys.

I think I have figured out the problem.

I restarted my router, laptop and vita, but still get the problem.

I realize that my wireless router is 802.11n, but the wireless card in my laptop is 802.11b.

I will purchase a 802.11n usb adapter next week and then I will try again.

Thanks for your kind help guys, it is most appreciated :)

Sunny
Advertising
JonathanH

Post by JonathanH »

Well, Charles was patched after the 1.81 PSVita update.

edit:

Hmmm, I just assumed it was patched because people were reporting it. I always wondered how Sony could patch an external program from a PC, at first I doubted it 100%.
Last edited by JonathanH on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skaty

Post by Skaty »

i can reach to ps store and other app's but can't download a thing from store or can't update my games. it is given me this error: c0-14372-7

i try to change dns adres but did't help. does anyone can download stuff with this proxy thing ?
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

JonathanH wrote:Well, Charles was patched after the 1.81 PSVita update.
Then how is it that yesterday I grabbed Assassin's Creed for the ps vita? Charles Proxy is indeed alive and well on 2.02 still. I was able to grab the entire game in 30 minute download portions with the Charles Proxy trial (This was a pain since Charles Proxy stops every 30 minutes). The game finished downloading and installed, also it was able to be updated. The game works flawless. Long live the proxy. However getting the proxy to connect to PSN is quite a pain. I have to add the variables to several different .xml lines in the proxy and test the PSN till it works. Just mapping and editing the first .xml file that appears does not work for me usually. After making multiple attempts and mapping the local .xml and editing it I am able to connect to PSN.
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
hellac00l

Post by hellac00l »

I haven't tried Charles but Fiddler 2 was easy to get on psn
PS3 Slim CECH 2001A Rogero 4.30
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

hellac00l wrote:I haven't tried Charles but Fiddler 2 was easy to get on psn
I haven't tried Fiddler2. Charles was the first time I attempted to proxy into the PS Store and it worked. Well it works if you know how to do it proper. I may try fiddler2 though soon because the trial version of Charles Proxy is limited to 30 minute sessions. But I can say that Charles and even 30 minute session limits is cool for syncing trophies, trading near goods, grabbing apps, smaller items, updates, and other small transfers. Using Charles Proxy to get Assassin's Creed took way longer than it would have normally but it still worked and finished in the long run.
Slayer1091

Post by Slayer1091 »

Hi I did the proxy and I cannot download game from store I get error NW-5603-4. Can anyone help?
hellac00l

Post by hellac00l »

b2p1mp wrote:
hellac00l wrote:I haven't tried Charles but Fiddler 2 was easy to get on psn
I haven't tried Fiddler2. Charles was the first time I attempted to proxy into the PS Store and it worked. Well it works if you know how to do it proper. I may try fiddler2 though soon because the trial version of Charles Proxy is limited to 30 minute sessions. But I can say that Charles and even 30 minute session limits is cool for syncing trophies, trading near goods, grabbing apps, smaller items, updates, and other small transfers. Using Charles Proxy to get Assassin's Creed took way longer than it would have normally but it still worked and finished in the long run.

With Fiddler you have unlimited use no registering. It only takes a few minutes to setup. but I almost gave up trying to get on psn until I followed the instructons correctly and made sure the xml file matched urls. Fiddler even saved my settings after I restarted my pc. I just got done playing COD multiplayer for an hour and I'm able to stay online without any disconnections.
PS3 Slim CECH 2001A Rogero 4.30
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

hellac00l wrote: With Fiddler you have unlimited use no registering. It only takes a few minutes to setup. but I almost gave up trying to get on psn until I followed the instructons correctly and made sure the xml file matched urls. Fiddler even saved my settings after I restarted my pc. I just got done playing COD multiplayer for an hour and I'm able to stay online without any disconnections.
Thanks, I will check out Fiddler2 later if I decide to get online today...

Return to “Programming and Security”