Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Open CMA on MAC?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
T3CHW0LF

Open CMA on MAC?

Post by T3CHW0LF »

Will there ever be a patch for the OSX version of CMA? I currently only have access to a Mac until the 3rd week of the new year. would a virtual machine be the only answer?
Advertising
Devices
HTC EVO LTE running CM10
PS Vita OFW
IPad 2 IOS 5.1 Jailbroken
eore227

Re: Open CMA on MAC?

Post by eore227 »

T3CHW0LF wrote:Will there ever be a patch for the OSX version of CMA? I currently only have access to a Mac until the 3rd week of the new year. would a virtual machine be the only answer?
I have a mac too and was able to use Vmware Fusion as the virtual machine with windows 8 and able to use open cma. Without that there isn't a way to use open cma on mac. Not sure when they will come out with a version but virtual machine on mac is best way to go.
Advertising
T3CHW0LF

Post by T3CHW0LF »

eore227 wrote:
T3CHW0LF wrote:Will there ever be a patch for the OSX version of CMA? I currently only have access to a Mac until the 3rd week of the new year. would a virtual machine be the only answer?
I have a mac too and was able to use Vmware Fusion as the virtual machine with windows 8 and able to use open cma. Without that there isn't a way to use open cma on mac. Not sure when they will come out with a version but virtual machine on mac is best way to go.
Well I guess that's the only way. Though I wish there will be one day. but until then VM Ware until then.
Devices
HTC EVO LTE running CM10
PS Vita OFW
ddn

Post by ddn »

:roll: me too
i'm looking for it too
can someone post it?
T3CHW0LF

Post by T3CHW0LF »

ddn wrote::roll: me too
i'm looking for it too
can someone post it?
You're going to have to run a virtual machine with Windows to be able to use Open CMA on a Mac. I just finished installing one using Virtual Box and a Windows XP image.
Devices
HTC EVO LTE running CM10
PS Vita OFW
Akhenamenra

Post by Akhenamenra »

cant we wrap it in a cider package and get it to work that way ??( silly question but im sure some uber cougar could do it ( lol uber cougar)
RafykX

Post by RafykX »

Hi OS X users, I think bootcamp is the only way to success :
-> PS Vita is not recognised as USB in virtual machine for me... I also tried to install the "USB drivers type B" but it failed too!!
Have you found a way?
I'll try to update Windows 7 32bit in case...
bazgee

Post by bazgee »

RafykX wrote:Hi OS X users, I think bootcamp is the only way to success :
-> PS Vita is not recognised as USB in virtual machine for me... I also tried to install the "USB drivers type B" but it failed too!!
Have you found a way?
I'll try to update Windows 7 32bit in case...
I am using Parallels Desktop for OSX (which is a more advanced virtual machine) and Open CMA works perfectly
My Vita Shell Competition Themes:

BazGee Dark
BazGee Blue
BazGee Stickman

Twitter @BazGee2
GitHub bazgee
RafykX

Post by RafykX »

bazgee wrote:I am using Parallels Desktop for OSX and Open CMA works perfectly
Thanks for your answer, I'll try different ways first before using Parallels Desktops. But now I know it's possible to do it thanks again.
T3CHW0LF

Post by T3CHW0LF »

I was successful with Virtual Box with a Windows XP image. It took some quick clicks but it works now that the driver is installed. On a side note don't let CMA start on your Mac if you have it installed.
Devices
HTC EVO LTE running CM10
PS Vita OFW

Return to “Programming and Security”