Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Using the Fiddler Web Debugger to bypass 2.0 firmware check

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
gwenavirre

Using the Fiddler Web Debugger to bypass 2.0 firmware check

Post by gwenavirre »

I'm sticking with my 1.81 but still want the option to access the PSN store and play Ragnarok Online.

Here's what I have done to accomplish this and I hope you find this guide useful.

1. Download and install Fiddler 2 http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/ (it's free!)
2. Make a psp2-updatelist.xml using the info below (remember where you save this!)
3. Run the Fiddler go to Tools, Fiddler Options, connections and set the proxy port, I used 8888 be sure to check "Allow remote computers to connect"
4. In Windows (or whatever superior OS you're running) go to a command prompt and type ipconfig or ifconfig to get your local ip address
5. Go to your network settings on your vita and enable the proxy using your computer's ip address with the proxy's port number
6. Check for a firmware update via wireless (but don't install it!)
7. You should see the url in the fiddler traffic mine was: fus01.psp2.update.playstation.net
8. Click on the url and you'll see the details on the right hand side. Click on AutoResponder and check the boxes for enable automatic responses and Unmatched requests passthrough
9. Now click on the Add button it should have the url in there but edit it to remove the EXACT part and trim it down by removing the version and session id so it should look something like this: http://fus01.psp2.update.playstation.ne ... telist.xml
10. Below the rule you will have a drop down option, choose Find a file and locate that xml file. Click on Save.
11. Try running the firmware update again and it should say you're current.
12. If you want to get fancy, you can go to Rules, User Agents, Custom and put in the Vita's current firmware id
13. To get Ragnarok Odyssey running I went into Tools, Fiddler Options, Connections and Bypassed Fiddler for the url: gs-sec.ww.np.dl.playstation.net

I hope you find this help helpful and save yourself $50 from buying Charles Proxy

psp2-updatelist.xml contents
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<update_data_list>
<region id="us">
<np level0_system_version="01.000.000" level1_system_version="01.000.000" level2_system_version="01.000.000" map="01.800.000" />
<version system_version="01.000.000" label="1.00">
<update_data update_type="full">
<image size="115200000">http://dus01.psp2.update.playstation.ne ... =us</image>
</update_data>
</version>
<recovery spkg_type="systemdata">
<image spkg_version="01.000.010" size="56300544">http://dus01.psp2.update.playstation.ne ... =us</image>
</recovery>
<recovery spkg_type="preinst">
<image spkg_version="01.000.000" size="128320512">http://dus01.psp2.update.playstation.ne ... =us</image>
</recovery>
</region>
</update_data_list>
Advertising
Blaze

Re: Using the Fiddler Web Debugger to bypass 2.0 firmware ch

Post by Blaze »

Lol Charles proxy is free man.
One thing that everyone should consider that there is a high possibility of getting banned if you access PSN on a lower Firmware because Sony can check these things :)
Advertising
gwenavirre

Post by gwenavirre »

I see a free trial but to purchase it's $50. I'm just offering a free solution that does not involve piracy. I'm not sure of the likelihood of getting banned but the "use at your own risk" disclaimer applies here.
wolframio

Post by wolframio »

Perfect job dude, charles is not freeware
gwenavirre

Post by gwenavirre »

dudette ;)
PS3Y2kvirus

Post by PS3Y2kvirus »

stuck on step 9 how do i edit?
PS VITA 3.01
PS3 CECHA01
Ball-N-Cup CFW-RETRO
Draven

Post by Draven »

This works MUCH better than Charles Proxy. Works on the first try, every try so far.

Thank you so much.

Now, one thing. How do I find my Vita's firmware ID to put that in as a custom User Agent?
gwenavirre

Post by gwenavirre »

PS3Y2kvirus wrote:stuck on step 9 how do i edit?

In the AutoResponder on the bottom look at the text under Rule Editor and click in there to edit the text
gwenavirre

Post by gwenavirre »

Draven wrote: Now, one thing. How do I find my Vita's firmware ID to put that in as a custom User Agent?
This is what is sent by mine: libhttp/1.81 (PS Vita) it works but if you want to be thorough it can be changed via the user agent rule
PS3Y2kvirus

Post by PS3Y2kvirus »

gwenavirre wrote:
PS3Y2kvirus wrote:stuck on step 9 how do i edit?

In the AutoResponder on the bottom look at the text under Rule Editor and click in there to edit the text
first off i want to say thanks for the app and help! for find file i use a xml that i had down loaded for Charles proxy, do i need to edit it with notepad?
PS VITA 3.01
PS3 CECHA01
Ball-N-Cup CFW-RETRO

Return to “Programming and Security”