Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Game deleted off your computer? This may help!

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
NOOB5029

Game deleted off your computer? This may help!

Post by NOOB5029 »

I'm not a frequent poster, but I'm noticing many individuals who have "accidentally" deleted or had their back ups deleted, this may help.

Alright, these are simple programs that I can provide to you ( not my own work of course).

These programs are use to recover files, from the hard drive that have been deleted,recently.
And before you get excited there is a 50%-65% chance you may/ may not recover your files or data:

I'll explain why in simple terms:

When window's boots ( among with other os's) it quickly begins to writes to the hard drive- that being said:
The deleted data is put into a sector on the hard drive ( HDD) that remains "untouched" ( not really..)
So-when you boot your machine, the drive begins to write to the hard drive, yes AS SOON AS IT TURNS ON, meaning-
the data ( in this case PS Vita back ups) is thus removed from the sector due to an overwrite of the needle on the hard drive.

Simple enough? :P

Its recommended that if you deleted the game recently you try and recover it- as you finish reading this post, download the following programs

NOTE

The process to recover files is lengthy, even for a powerful machine ( i.e:quad core-8 gb ram-3.2 ghz)

Recuva-

[spoiler]http://www.piriform.com/recuva[/spoiler]

NTSF Undelete
[spoiler]http://ntfsundelete.com/[/spoiler]
Advertising
JonathanH

Re: Game deleted off your computer? This may help!

Post by JonathanH »

You know this doesn't work on large file sizes XD
Advertising
JMQMOfficials

Post by JMQMOfficials »

Yeah small files only, sadly :S
Sailor_Moon

Post by Sailor_Moon »

Not sure how well this will work for anyone but you can also right click on the PS Vita folder (in your documents obviously) then click "Properties" then click on the tab that says "Previous Versions"

NOOB5029

Post by NOOB5029 »

I've recovered over 20 gb of footage :/ I wouldn't know what the issue would be. I used both Recuva, and NTFSUndelete, and they've worked for me. Just trying to help out. I should have done my Homework better . I'll do more in depth research before posting :/
wolframio

Post by wolframio »

get my data back for ntfs or fat can recover anything, i use that because i fix PCs, but!!! if you want to recover things this must be do right after you delete the files and you need to boot the os from other media or put the disk as a second disk on other pc.
sl39426171

Post by sl39426171 »

thanks for the sharing,even thouth i din't use it yet

Return to “Programming and Security”