Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[2.60(^^)b]CMA for OSX/WIN7 on Any FW w/o update prompt

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
itsugawakun

Re: [2.0(^^)b]CMA for OSX running on 1.8+ FW w/o update prom

Post by itsugawakun »

wolframio wrote:
itsugawakun wrote:
MaxiExtreme wrote:Any TUT for windows 7 ?
I will when I can get a hold of a program for windows that creates a localhost. Your better off using Charles since your going to be using a third party application. This method is for OSX users cause there isn't an openCMA made for OSX.

for Windows you can use "Abyss web server" or just the built in Windows server "IIS".
haha i think i already updated the tutorial to introduce IIS. which is best for this tutorial since i mention to use non-Thirdparty applications.
Advertising
NNNRT

Re: [2.02(^^)b]CMA for OSX/WIN7 on Any FW w/o update prompt

Post by NNNRT »

I don't know why I haven't seen this thread yet! :shock: OpenCMA on Mountain Lion? ' you kiddin'? :lol: Thanks very much. :D
Advertising
itsugawakun

Post by itsugawakun »

NNNRT wrote:I don't know why I haven't seen this thread yet! :shock: OpenCMA on Mountain Lion? ' you kiddin'? :lol: Thanks very much. :D
To truly clarify. Its truly not an openCMA just a way to deflect updates purely on OSX's CMA
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

I know I just didn't find a short word for that. ;)
ricardo85x

Post by ricardo85x »

I found out a way to makes my psvita and my computer thinks the localhost of my computer is "http://fus01.psp2.update.playstation.net".
I Did the edit on my router settings.
I can open the CMA now without the need of the hosts file edited And I can transfer the games/save

but still can't access PSN

I
itsugawakun

Post by itsugawakun »

ricardo85x wrote:I found out a way to makes my psvita and my computer thinks the localhost of my computer is "http://fus01.psp2.update.playstation.net".
I Did the edit on my router settings.
I can open the CMA now without the need of the hosts file edited And I can transfer the games/save

but still can't access PSN

I
make sure your router doesn't change your computer IPAddress at any given time that it does then it will error out. Good find. we may not see the light of day with psn access.
ricardo85x

Post by ricardo85x »

What I did is the same as edit the hosts file of the psvita.

when my psvita try to access "http://fus01.psp2.update.playstation.ne ... telist.xml"

in fact it is accessing the files from my computer not the sony server.

I think this file is the vita FW 2.05
http://dus01.psp2.update.playstation.ne ... UP?dest=us

if we modify this file I think it is possible to install a Custom FW on vita hahaha :twisted:
itsugawakun

Re: [2.60(^^)b]CMA for OSX/WIN7 on Any FW w/o update prompt

Post by itsugawakun »

Update [08/22/2013]:
So I have been away for a while and haven't kept up with my vita at all. I was with my 3DS playing monster hunter but I'm back and it's safe to say that this method still works for the newer version of CMA and works avoiding updates when accessing CMA. I was on my computer poking around Wololo.net and found that I was right on time for the new exploit game name which was released(messy and sad but can't change that fact). So I fired up my PSVita and updated my CMA when my MacBook Pro asked me to do so. It then had come to my attention I couldn't update pass 2.02 and thought haven't the update released already. The. I realized I modded my laptop to run this system to prevent any updates. So that's a bit of clarity that seeing this system still works on and even for future updates since I haven't touched this handheld since 2.02.

So this should work up to now.
xXPunisher24Xx

Post by xXPunisher24Xx »

Can Charles Proxy still work if I want to transfer a game from PS3 to PS Vita when I am still on 2.12 even though 2.60 is out?
itsugawakun

Post by itsugawakun »

xXPunisher24Xx wrote:Can Charles Proxy still work if I want to transfer a game from PS3 to PS Vita when I am still on 2.12 even though 2.60 is out?
as mentioned though. this method is purely no third party application method.

Return to “Programming and Security”