Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Release: Official Vita Open CMA

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
b2p1mp

Re: Release: Official Vita Open CMA

Post by b2p1mp »

Jd8531 wrote:I never said It didn't work. I just wasn't sure about it and people have told me different stories as to whether it works or not. And if you'd like to share your method on how you got it to work instead of pointing out I'm wrong that'd be helpful.
I agree many people have said it works and others have trouble. Posting the steps you followed might help some people out. Also I can help other users if I know the steps better.
Advertising
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
SolidPatriot

Post by SolidPatriot »

b2p1mp wrote:
Jd8531 wrote:I never said It didn't work. I just wasn't sure about it and people have told me different stories as to whether it works or not. And if you'd like to share your method on how you got it to work instead of pointing out I'm wrong that'd be helpful.
I agree many people have said it works and others have trouble. Posting the steps you followed might help some people out. Also I can help other users if I know the steps better.
@ Jd853: No offense, but you said:
"Sadly theres nothing that can be done about that. I assume you just bought your vita? Its the same as activating, you cant."

So technically I understood it like that, but Nevermind it's working and that is the important point. ;)

Now I explain how I've done this with my Vita that I've got on 1.06 OFW.

1: Update Manually via PS3 Proxy Server to 1.81 OFW
1. Download and install "PS3.ProxyServer.GUI"
2. Start PS3.ProxyServer.GUI and Type in your PC's IP then select "PSP Mode" and click Start..
3. Click the Logs Tab, Then on your Vita Go to WiFi Settings and enter your PC's IP for the Proxy.
4. Go to System Update and click "Update Using Wi-Fi".. It will show the Latest Version then click "Next" and "Yes" Then "Do Not Accept" and "Yes".. This will give you the Link to the PUP file it will download and install..
5. Copy this link from the Logs screen and click "Replace File" Tab.. Past that link on the left side. On the Right side click the Little button and select the PUP file you want to install.
6. Now click the "Logs" Tab again and click "Update Using Wi-Fi" and make sure in the "Logs" Tab is says that the files has been Redirected to a local file.
7. Done you can update to any Version you want.. (You can not downgrade this way)

2: Installing OpenCMA
At first we need our PS Vita device. We should be able to boot into the main menu and its recommended to disable every Wifi option at the device. Use the airplane mode AND disable Wifi, recommended.
Next we need the official Sony CMA (old version, pre-2.00 | or new version, post-2.00) which has to be patched with OpenCMA for using our little firmware update trick.
WARNING: If you have the most recent version of the Sony CMA, it is necessary to have the PS Vita Firmware 2.00 or higher, but that is not what we want, use the older CMA + OpenCMA patch for this tutorial if you want to install a firmware below 2.00!

3: Activating PS Vita
So this was my main issue, because I thought that I could not activate it without updating to a higher OFW.
1. Power off you're Vita then push and hold the PS Logo Button + the R shoulder Button + the Power Button. Hold them for a few seconds, till the screen goes on and the recovery menu appears.
2. Select option 4. Restore the PS Vita System.
3. Wait till the Vita boots up again and follow the instructions till it asks you if you would like to link you're Vita with you're PSN Account. Do this now because it's the only way to avoid the update.
4. So now you should have activated you're PS Vita.

4: Getting a exploit game on to you're Vita via OpenCMA PS3 trick
1. Look in in the Playstation Store for a exploit game that is working on you OFW.
2. Download it to you're PS3.
3. Connect you're PS Vita with you're PC via Open CMA.
4. Remove the Vitas USB cable and plug it on to you're PS3.
5. Copy exploit game on to you're Vita.
6. Its done.
Advertising
Devices: | PSP 3004 6.30 TN HEN | PS Vita Wi-fi OFW 1.81 MBA Exploit eCFW TN-V
beefstew

Post by beefstew »

SolidPatriot wrote:
b2p1mp wrote:
Jd8531 wrote:
1. Look in in the Playstation Store for a exploit game that is working on you OFW.
6. Its done.
This doesn't work for me. A screen pops up and tells me to turn on my wifi and update my ps vita. any suggestions?
SolidPatriot

Post by SolidPatriot »

beefstew wrote:
SolidPatriot wrote:
6. Its done.
This doesn't work for me. A screen pops up and tells me to turn on my wifi and update my ps vita. any suggestions?
You, must turn off the internet connection on the vita and the pc and you're vita must be in airplane mode.
Then you should connect it if it still doesn't work try to restart you're vita and you're pc and try it again.
Devices: | PSP 3004 6.30 TN HEN | PS Vita Wi-fi OFW 1.81 MBA Exploit eCFW TN-V
beefstew

Post by beefstew »

SolidPatriot wrote:
beefstew wrote:
SolidPatriot wrote:
6. Its done.
You, must turn off the internet connection on the vita and the pc and you're vita must be in airplane mode.
Then you should connect it if it still doesn't work try to restart you're vita and you're pc and try it again.

airplane mode...facepalm. thanks a lot man.

...now i have uno on my vita(not installed, just transferred from ps3) what do I do next...? I can't use vhbl cause that is only up to 1.8 and even if i could, i wouldn't know where to start.
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

beefstew wrote:airplane mode...facepalm. thanks a lot man.

...now i have uno on my vita(not installed, just transferred from ps3) what do I do next...? I can't use vhbl cause that is only up to 1.8 and even if i could, i wouldn't know where to start.
There is a method to install a lower firmware on the Vita using a PS3 with proxy (I do not own a ps3 but I read a decent tutorial around here about how to update to 2.02 not 2.05.) A few post up the page it is explained how:
SolidPatriot wrote:
Now I explain how I've done this with my Vita that I've got on 1.06 OFW.

1: Update Manually via PS3 Proxy Server to 1.81 OFW
1. Download and install "PS3.ProxyServer.GUI"
2. Start PS3.ProxyServer.GUI and Type in your PC's IP then select "PSP Mode" and click Start..
3. Click the Logs Tab, Then on your Vita Go to WiFi Settings and enter your PC's IP for the Proxy.
4. Go to System Update and click "Update Using Wi-Fi".. It will show the Latest Version then click "Next" and "Yes" Then "Do Not Accept" and "Yes".. This will give you the Link to the PUP file it will download and install..
5. Copy this link from the Logs screen and click "Replace File" Tab.. Past that link on the left side. On the Right side click the Little button and select the PUP file you want to install.
6. Now click the "Logs" Tab again and click "Update Using Wi-Fi" and make sure in the "Logs" Tab is says that the files has been Redirected to a local file.
7. Done you can update to any Version you want.. (You can not downgrade this way)

You need to install 2.02. Then you install OpenCMA on your PC. Transfer ARK savedata for your game's region to the Vita with OpenCMA. Now when you run UNO it will show a few loading images, when it says Press X, you do so and the ARK menu appears.
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
mayataka

Post by mayataka »

I'm thinking about trying to challenge the CEF to the PSVITA. The condition is thought trying to build version 2.02 using the UNO.
I'd like to ask for a reply but you do have success stories in advance.
One way to do this, we are going to be installed on the UNO from VITA PS3 via openCMA, introducing the CEF mediate the openCMAr5.
Are wary because it seems there is a case that you are prompted to upgrade it after installing the UNO openCMAr5 problem.
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

Updated main post with Solid Patroit's post/Guide.
D@rk.Prince

Post by D@rk.Prince »

PS Vita 3.01 | TN-V8 | 101-in-1 Megamix
Minimur12

Post by Minimur12 »

seems like south australia. :P
I'm not on the forum much, if you want to let me know about something, shoot me a PM!
ImageImage

Return to “Programming and Security”