Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Question] Decrypt savedata?

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
jl1990

[Question] Decrypt savedata?

Post by jl1990 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi,

I had to sell my psp to buy the new psvita, i bought a psp game on store, and im trying to exploit it using savedata.
When i had my psp i could decrypt savedata through it, the problem is i sold mine.
I tried to use an emulator like JPCSP, but it didnt work, so do you know a way to decrypt psp (from psvita) savedata?

Thanks a lot

edit: i've already seen this post viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10804&p=132535&hil ... pt#p132535
but i couldnt find the duplicated post
Advertising

m0skit0
Guru

Re: [Question] Decrypt savedata?

Post by m0skit0 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:11 am

jl1990 wrote:so do you know a way to decrypt psp (from psvita) savedata?
You can't.
jl1990 wrote: i've already seen this post viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10804&p=132535&hilit=decrypt#p132535
The duplicated post doesn't matter: there's no such thing.
Advertising
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"

Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:55 am

jl1990 wrote:edit: i've already seen this post viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10804&p=132535&hil ... pt#p132535
The thread was deleted. The user clicked "Submit" twice by accident causing the thread to be posted twice, it was a simple mistake. Nothing to be concerned about what so ever.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:32 am

technically, with the work made on kirk last year, wouldn't it be possible to write a PC version of SED?
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

wth
HBL Developer

Post by wth » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:42 am

if it were, that would really be awesome !
that way we could have programs modifying psp saves on their own and still outputting saves in the same encrypted format, meaning like no need for SGDeemer anymore at all to edit a savefile :)

m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:58 am

wololo wrote:technically, with the work made on kirk last year, wouldn't it be possible to write a PC version of SED?
Hmmm, but aren't savegames encrypted with specific PSP key?

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:50 am

m0skit0 wrote:
wololo wrote:technically, with the work made on kirk last year, wouldn't it be possible to write a PC version of SED?
Hmmm, but aren't savegames encrypted with specific PSP key?
Yes and no. They can, but most games actually don't use the PSP key (which is why we can then read back a hacked savegame from any other psp). Not sure if it's a different function call, or if the game just passes a hardcoded value for the psp key.

So technically we could probably use one hardcoded psp key and that would work for "most" games.
I thin Virtua Fighter, and Gladiator begins, are some of the games I believe use the PSP key.

m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:26 pm

wololo wrote:Not sure if it's a different function call, or if the game just passes a hardcoded value for the psp key.
AFAIK, the game does not pass any hardcoded value (which btw would mean all savegames from that game would be the same, and thus useless to protect per device). Kirk does it using PSP ID (I think it's Syscon's ID or some hardware ID unique per PSP).
wololo wrote:I thin Virtua Fighter, and Gladiator begins, are some of the games I believe use the PSP key.
I think it's easier to do the first decryption step on PSP if needed, then you got the "universal" savegame, but still encrypted.

If anyone could point to a library to encrypt/decrypt PSP stuff, I can take a look. I believe the homebrew signer should be enough to do so, but I have no time to RE stuff...

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:50 pm

There's this one, but not sure how the kirk functions are related to psp savegames:
http://code.google.com/p/kirk-engine/source/list

codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:06 pm

m0skit0 wrote: If anyone could point to a library to encrypt/decrypt PSP stuff, I can take a look. I believe the homebrew signer should be enough to do so, but I have no time to RE stuff...
The CryptoEngine from the jpcsp emulator can decrypt savedata (and other things) on PC, is easy as:

Code: Select all

byte out[] = new CryptoEngine().DecryptSavedata(savedata_byte_array, savedata_byte_array.length, gamekey, 0);
With just the classes at "src/jpcsp/crypto/", the Bouncy Castle Crypto API jar file and a quick wrapper class one can make a decrypter in 10 mins.

Sadly you still need a psp to hook the savedata function and retrieve the gamekey (that or know some mips and reverse a little around sceUtilitySavedataInitStart to get the gamekey from the eboot).
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..

Return to “Programming and Security”