VHBL (Vita Half Byte Loader) is an open source tool to load PSP homebrews on the Playstation Vita.
VHBL can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/vhbl
#377588 by qwikrazor87
Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:18 am
Use sign_np (or fake_np) to sign VHBL.ISO with your base game.
Place the signed VHBL eboot into the exploit save.

Update PATH.TXT to the path of your base game folder.
If you don't know the name of the folder you can check online for the game ID of your game, then use that ID for the path.
For example, Patapon 2 US game ID is UCUS98732, so the path will be ms0:/PSP/GAME/UCUS98732
Make sure the path does NOT end with a slash or new line, an example is already provided.

Also transfer the provided VHBL01234 save.
The provided VHBL should allow you to mess with the file system without needing to rename any folders, so you should now be able to rename/create/delete EBOOT.PBP/PBOOT.PBP, rename/create/delete/move folders in /PSP/GAME, etc.

Update v3.2: (removed v3.3 since it doesn't work)
Added listing ms0:/ to the log.

v3.2:
FW336_Patapon2_US_VHBL_install_v3.2.zip
FW336_Patapon2_EU_VHBL_install_v3.2.zip
FW336_Patapon2_JP_VHBL_install_v3.2.zip

Older:
Spoiler

VHBL source:
FW336_VHBL_bubble_SOURCE.zip

EU version tested and confirmed working by The Z.

Spoiler

Got a cent or two? :D
Advertising
Last edited by qwikrazor87 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.
#377599 by gamr13
Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:14 pm
First off thanks so much for this release!

second, I'm in a huge mess trying to figure out how to even begin putting this on my Vita, I knew how to do TN-V but I've never worked with VHBL before, any pointers to a noob-friendly tutorial that would work for me?
#377610 by Alucard2050
Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:02 pm
Hello,

first, thanks for your great work, I really appreciate it.

But somehow I can't get it to work. I signed the VHBL ISO with both, fake_np and sign_np from Patapon 2 and MHFU, but the exploit won't start.
I either get a red or a green screen after the save is loaded but in both cases it crashes back to Live Area without any error message.

Game path in the PATH.TXT was UCUS98732 for Patapon 2 US, path from MHFU was taken from the .SFO in the EBOOT. But I can't get it to work.

Anyone has an idea how to get it to work?