Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Gpsp kai gameshark for pokemon emerald not working

VHBL (Vita Half Byte Loader) is an open source tool to load PSP homebrews on the Playstation Vita.
VHBL can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/vhbl
Recoil

Gpsp kai gameshark for pokemon emerald not working

Post by Recoil »

gameshark_v3 Dragonite

995fa0d9 0c6720d2
25214170 0AB256A2
EF4835B3 519FF2C8
2E7B7A58 D0781742
D52902CA 343CF38A

gameshark_v3 Metagross

25214170 0AB256A2
FFA6733C EE552E68
2E7B7A58 D0781742
89915916 2C32BEB0

gameshark_v3 Latios

25214170 0AB256A2
FFA6733C EE552E68
2E7B7A58 D0781742
D633975C ECDF7A4F

gameshark_v3 Milotic

25214170 0AB256A2
FFA6733C EE552E68
2E7B7A58 D0781742
5D329A4E 5F16721A

gameshark_v3 Cacturne

25214170 0AB256A2
FFA6733C EE552E68
2E7B7A58 D0781742
81D0F49E 8AF9BFA0

gameshark_v3 Lanturn

25214170 0AB256A2
EE1F9BA6 710EFB84
2E7B7A58 D0781742
D52902CA 343CF38A

gameshark_v3 infmoney

c051ccf6 975e8da1

gameshark_v3 Master

9266FA6C97BD 905B5ED35F81
B76A68E5FAB1

gameshark_v3 ***

958D8046 A7151D70
8BB602F7 8CEB681A

----------------------

Thats my cheat list for pokemon emerald.
Howcome everything after infmoney isnt showing up?
Also none work...

-----
ok i got the extra cheats in butwhy dont they work?
Advertising
Last edited by jc_gargma on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged double post (and slightly less vague title)
Mogakids

Re: Gpsp kai gameshark for pokemon emerald not working

Post by Mogakids »

They don't work because the genius that created this emulator, created a wretched method of putting together a file called a .cht file, and is used for the cheat codes. You have to find and download his program that makes his custom .cht file, and move it into the CHT folder.

I've tried this and never got it to work; however, what did work was just moving the save file from gpsp and moving it to a pc that has a working cheat system built in, and then moving it back over after loading the cheats.

However, you can not do this on VHBL because you cannot access the system files of the vita. It is possible on the psp since you can get in there and mess with things.

I'd like to see though if other people have better solutions or actually got this to work, because it would be useful.
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Mogakids wrote:They don't work because the genius that created this emulator, created a wretched method of putting together a file called a .cht file, and is used for the cheat codes. You have to find and download his program that makes his custom .cht file, and move it into the CHT folder.
Its just a text file with a cht extension
However, you can not do this on VHBL because you cannot access the system files of the vita. It is possible on the psp since you can get in there and mess with things.
Yes you can but the problem is you have no way of transferring the file out of the Vita as CMA wont copy it over if its not all in caps
afaik GOLOR does not import the OSK so there is no way to rename anything
(without having a program to rename them say using the Danzeff keyboard)

BTW incase you are wondering how to even transfer it well just move it to a save then use CMA to copy it to PC
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Mogakids

Post by Mogakids »

fate6 wrote:
Mogakids wrote:They don't work because the genius that created this emulator, created a wretched method of putting together a file called a .cht file, and is used for the cheat codes. You have to find and download his program that makes his custom .cht file, and move it into the CHT folder.
Its just a text file with a cht extension
Yes you can but the problem is you have no way of transferring the file out of the Vita as CMA wont copy it over if its not all in caps

BTW incase you are wondering how to even transfer it well just move it to a save then use CMA to copy it to PC
Okay, thanks for the info, but help the guy who is actually posting for help, as I was just telling him what I tried that didn't work.

Also, sure it's just a file with a cht extension, but if he is anybody like I am with programming (who has absolutely no experience) you can't just "figure out" how to make it without the program. Also figuring out how to put all the codes in the file without it scr..ing up.**(Not stating he has no experience in programming, because he probably does, but I don't.)
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

No need for programming simply make a text document then change the extension from ".txt" to ".cht"
and IDK what is wrong but I assume its just the fact gpSP's cheat system doesn't work very well but the OP doesn't know that so assumes he did something wrong

most cheats dont work BTW regardless of game plus AR cheats tend to work more often than Gameshark
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
CRXSiR

Post by CRXSiR »

fate6 wrote:

This had me confused on exporting files... PMed you Fate6
Hopefully you can assist me more on understanding the possibilities
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

might as well post it here incase anyone else is wondering how to do it
fate6 wrote:To transfer say gpsp saves you simple use a file manager to move them from the gpSP folder to a PSP game save then use CMA to transfer the PSP save and the gpSP saves will come with it

the problem is CMA will only transfer them if they meet the 8.3 rule and are in caps
and thats a problem cause without the OSK you can't rename them so CMA won't transfer them

the 8.3 rule in case you don't know means the name cant be longer than 8 characters with the extension having a max of 3
MR_LIPTON

Post by MR_LIPTON »

yeah even on my psp 3000 i couldn't get gameshark to ever work + I actually what i was doing, not a dumb that just does random stuff. As to my knowledge I believe it is impossible.
I do things- sometimes :|

Things working on right now:
Super Secret Project for 2.12 TN-V4
Kuchhogya

Post by Kuchhogya »

You have to find and download his program that makes his custom .cht file, and move it into the CHT folder.????

Return to “Vita Half Byte Loader”