Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Having Trouble Running Emulators? Read This! [Tutorial]

VHBL (Vita Half Byte Loader) is an open source tool to load PSP homebrews on the Playstation Vita.
VHBL can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/vhbl
G36cBossMan
Banned

Re: Having Trouble Running Emulators? Read This! [Tutorial]

Post by G36cBossMan »

I'd suggest buying 3dsxl with a super card dstwo it does almost everything the vita does and more with the card you can download any ds game for free and if you get the gateway card you can download any 3ds game and they take micro sd cards anything over 16gb card won't work on it but they are much cheaper then the way over priced vita memory cards... And you don't need an exploit that you have to wait so long to realesed just so it can get patched and there's no comparability issues must go on? Over all its cheaper and well worth the money and if it could play psp And vita games then it would be 100x better in my opinion you should look into it
Advertising
t3nczar

Post by t3nczar »

G36cBossMan wrote:I'd suggest buying 3dsxl with a super card dstwo it does almost everything the vita does and more with the card you can download any ds game for free and if you get the gateway card you can download any 3ds game and they take micro sd cards anything over 16gb card won't work on it but they are much cheaper then the way over priced vita memory cards... And you don't need an exploit that you have to wait so long to realesed just so it can get patched and there's no comparability issues must go on? Over all its cheaper and well worth the money and if it could play psp And vita games then it would be 100x better in my opinion you should look into it

Vita has a better screen, is more powerful and has more support for other apps.
Advertising
G36cBossMan
Banned

Post by G36cBossMan »

More powerful yes but... Is it really worth having all sorts of problems with hombrew? Everything I said before is true... If you want to wait for another exploitable game and deal with all the problems it has for hombrew and compatibility issues and get ignored with any questions you have all of those bad things? And for what? A more powerful system? go ahead btw you can get apps on the 3dsxl too and the 3ds xl top screen isn't that much smaller then the vita and it has two screens so you choose what screen you want to use on the emulators... Wow just talking about it makes me wanna switch over....
t3nczar

Post by t3nczar »

I own a 3ds, its not better imo
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

G36cBossMan wrote:I'd suggest buying 3dsxl with a super card dstwo it does almost everything the vita does and more with the card you can download any ds game for free and if you get the gateway card you can download any 3ds game
:roll:
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
SeongGino

Post by SeongGino »

G36cBossMan wrote:More powerful yes but... Is it really worth having all sorts of problems with hombrew? Everything I said before is true... If you want to wait for another exploitable game and deal with all the problems it has for hombrew and compatibility issues and get ignored with any questions you have all of those bad things? And for what? A more powerful system? go ahead btw you can get apps on the 3dsxl too and the 3ds xl top screen isn't that much smaller then the vita and it has two screens so you choose what screen you want to use on the emulators... Wow just talking about it makes me wanna switch over....
Problems with homebrew? If this has been going on since the PSP days, it's clearly not much of a problem for us. So what if it's cheaper, you get what you pay for on a "hacked" (Using the term loosely here) 3DS: a system with barely any power and doesn't even HAVE good 3DS specific homebrew. And when it comes to emulation... that second screen is just going to stay that: a second screen that is barely used since it HAS no use for emulators.

When it comes down to the hacks, it's all about sheer power, and the Vita clearly wins that battle. Especially considering that both the 3DS and Vita are still stuck using homebrews in they're emulated backwards compatibility mode (DS and PSP, respectively), I don't get what you're trying to bring to the table here "BossMan". :lol:

ALSO to quote him:
G36cBossMan wrote:Yeah I read I to fast I have a simaler problem except I can't play any rom on any emultor... So it could be a lot worse at least you can still play Roms it doesn't matter though like I said either no one knows what to do for either of are problems or they just don't care since they have it working for them I hope you figure it out as for me I'm just gonna sell mine there's no point in owning a ps vita if you can't even use any emulators even if I don't get much for it I still won't have to deal with this ***...
You're only doing this because of you're lack of patience.
So what's going to happen when you move to the DS anyways? You will likely have similar issues, and then you'll just come back here in a loop because of purposefully not caring to listen to others trying to solve you're problems.

And as a note, not one system is better. ;)
I'm just your average Seong. Move along, nothing to see here...
titegtnodI

Post by titegtnodI »

t3nczar wrote:Hi, I'm trying to run nester on the fieldrunners 2.61 exploit. When I go to nester and open the INSTALL.ZIP file, It picks a random ROM I have added and doesn't give me any choice on picking the ROM. Any help would be appreciated. :)
G36cBossMan wrote:I have the same problem... Idk why were the only ones having this problem... It doesn't matter anyway I asked the same question you did on 3 different forums including this one either no one knows what to do or they just like ignoring people I'm sorry if you figure it out please send me a message and I will do the same If I figure it out good luck

Edit: my bad I read your post to quick well at least you can see your rom folder....
I have no idea what's causing your issues. I haven't seen any confirmation explicitly stating that NesterJ works on the Fieldrunners exploit so for now, I'll add it to the red text on the OP.
titegtnodI

Post by titegtnodI »

Updated with a link for the no intro SNES9xTYL (thanks to The Z). Hopefully this will alleviate some issues that people were having on the Fieldrunners exploit.
dkeeper

Post by dkeeper »

NesterJ works on 2.61 with the Fieldrunners exploit.
Tested it with Mario Bros.
Here 2 "screenshots" with poor quality :D

http://s23.postimg.org/v631m7xbv/IMG_0356.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/kj2998pl7/IMG_0358.jpg

Hope this helps :)
And open for testing anything you want, just need to know what. Send me a pm if interested :)
Last edited by dkeeper on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
titegtnodI

Post by titegtnodI »

dkeeper wrote:NesterJ works on 2.61 with the Fieldrunners exploit.
Tested it with Mario Bros.
Here 2 "screenshots" with poor quality :D

http://s23.postimg.org/v631m7xbv/IMG_0356.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/kj2998pl7/IMG_0358.jpg

Hope this helps :)
And open for testing anything you want, just need to know what. Send me a pm if interested :)
Thank you! This does help. I wonder if the people experiencing issues do not have the latest VHBL for Fieldrunners. I'll leave my notice up but thank you for confirming it works for you :).

Return to “Vita Half Byte Loader”