Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Having Trouble Running Emulators? Read This! [Tutorial]

VHBL (Vita Half Byte Loader) is an open source tool to load PSP homebrews on the Playstation Vita.
VHBL can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/vhbl
Dagobert

Re: Having Trouble Running Emulators? Read This! [Tutorial]

Post by Dagobert »

titegtnodI wrote:
Dagobert wrote:Ehh not sure why I typed installer in my reply, I actually did have it as install and not installer. Anyways I'm gonna try your files instead.
Excellent! Let me know if it all works out for you!
It worked, and it's the exact same file structure I have. So what I've noticed is that the eboot file in yours is a different file size than the eboot file that's in the snes emulator folder I downloaded from the VHBL homebrew thread. Either way, your version with the eboot worked. Thanks.
Advertising
titegtnodI

Post by titegtnodI »

Dagobert wrote:
titegtnodI wrote:
Dagobert wrote:Ehh not sure why I typed installer in my reply, I actually did have it as install and not installer. Anyways I'm gonna try your files instead.
Excellent! Let me know if it all works out for you!
It worked, and it's the exact same file structure I have. So what I've noticed is that the eboot file in yours is a different file size than the eboot file that's in the snes emulator folder I downloaded from the VHBL homebrew thread. Either way, your version with the eboot worked. Thanks.
No problem, I'm glad you got it all figured out! It's weird because I used the one from SMOKE's thread :p.
Advertising
kingknuts

Post by kingknuts »

titegtnodI wrote:
stayupthetree wrote:When installing Nester it freezes on a .cht file and then errors out.

http://i.imgur.com/oW0mJjr.jpg
Weird, I've never used .cht files.

Edit: Wait ... while installing? Did you use the one I provided in this tutorial? Do not unzip the INSTALL.ZIP. If it still won't install, what game did you use to exploit?
Dagobert wrote:I'm still having problems. When I go to install the SNES emulator it doesn't ask me if I want to install it, instead it shows me the files like data.bin, icon0.png etc. At first I thought I might have done something wrong with VHBL but I tried Wagic and that installed just fine. The INSTALLER.zip is not compressed, I used the store setting, I've used both winrar and 7zip and nothing has worked. The file structure seems to be correct as well. Btw I'm using the North American version of Arcade Darts for the exploit.
The file name you want is "INSTALL.ZIP".

Edit: Just use the SNES9xTYL I've provided in the tutorial. Don't modify anything, just copy over and install. Please follow all the steps closely.
kingknuts wrote:In the arcade pool and Snooker EU The emulator Emumaster (MasterBoy) works, the games i tested were: Motocross Maniacs 1 and 2 and Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel
The gpsp works only the version 3.4 beta 3 Build 152 and the games i tested was: Pokemon Ruby Zafiro Esmeralda Rojo Fuego Verde Hoja and a mod of those, and Colin McRae Rally 2.0
Sweet, thanks for the info! Did the gPSP link in this tutorial work at all?
Yes It works sorry for the delay
titegtnodI

Post by titegtnodI »

kingknuts wrote:Yes It works sorry for the delay
No problem, thanks for the confirmation :).
stayupthetree

Post by stayupthetree »

Sorry for the late response. It happens when installing Nester. I havent unzipped the INSTALL.ZIP I installed everything else without error. It does it when copying the cht files from the install.zip it looks like

edit: Arcade Darts was the one I used
titegtnodI wrote:
stayupthetree wrote:When installing Nester it freezes on a .cht file and then errors out.

http://i.imgur.com/oW0mJjr.jpg
Weird, I've never used .cht files.

Edit: Wait ... while installing? Did you use the one I provided in this tutorial? Do not unzip the INSTALL.ZIP. If it still won't install, what game did you use to exploit?
Dagobert wrote:I'm still having problems. When I go to install the SNES emulator it doesn't ask me if I want to install it, instead it shows me the files like data.bin, icon0.png etc. At first I thought I might have done something wrong with VHBL but I tried Wagic and that installed just fine. The INSTALLER.zip is not compressed, I used the store setting, I've used both winrar and 7zip and nothing has worked. The file structure seems to be correct as well. Btw I'm using the North American version of Arcade Darts for the exploit.
The file name you want is "INSTALL.ZIP".

Edit: Just use the SNES9xTYL I've provided in the tutorial. Don't modify anything, just copy over and install. Please follow all the steps closely.
kingknuts wrote:In the arcade pool and Snooker EU The emulator Emumaster (MasterBoy) works, the games i tested were: Motocross Maniacs 1 and 2 and Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel
The gpsp works only the version 3.4 beta 3 Build 152 and the games i tested was: Pokemon Ruby Zafiro Esmeralda Rojo Fuego Verde Hoja and a mod of those, and Colin McRae Rally 2.0
Sweet, thanks for the info! Did the gPSP link in this tutorial work at all?
titegtnodI

Post by titegtnodI »

stayupthetree wrote:Sorry for the late response. It happens when installing Nester. I havent unzipped the INSTALL.ZIP I installed everything else without error. It does it when copying the cht files from the install.zip it looks like

edit: Arcade Darts was the one I used
Try re-downloading the version provided in this tutorial, re-transferring it to your Vita, then re-installing. It's possible something corrupted or didn't transfer at some point. Some people recommend 138menu if you continue having issues.
Kr0n1kK1ll3r

Post by Kr0n1kK1ll3r »

Hmm, I can transfer the gbSP file over and go into the Saved Games directory within VHBL but when I choose to install the zip if fails and closes out of VHBL. I used the same structure but added the ROMs into the gpSP ROMs folder and used store compression. Any ideas?

====================
Kr0n1kK1ll3r wrote:Hmm, I can transfer the gbSP file over and go into the Saved Games directory within VHBL but when I choose to install the zip if fails and closes out of VHBL. I used the same structure but added the ROMs into the gpSP ROMs folder and used store compression. Any ideas?
I fixed the issue. Everything is working now.
Last edited by fate6 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the edit button next time
titegtnodI

Post by titegtnodI »

Kr0n1kK1ll3r wrote:Hmm, I can transfer the gbSP file over and go into the Saved Games directory within VHBL but when I choose to install the zip if fails and closes out of VHBL. I used the same structure but added the ROMs into the gpSP ROMs folder and used store compression. Any ideas?
Kr0n1kK1ll3r wrote:
I fixed the issue. Everything is working now.
I'm glad you fixed your issue, however please use the edit button instead of double-posting in the future ;p.
krono

Post by krono »

i hate this, spend all day trying to run at least one emulator and only masterboy work

i use Arcade Pool

NPUZ00281SLOT00_DISTRIB_v3.zip - US

NesterJ AoEX R3 works but can´t find any rom

SNES9xTYL 0.4.2 frezze and make noise like copying files

picodrive frezze and make noise like copying files

Masterboy Runs, only one rom per install

it´s just me, or the compatibility its that bad?

also not sure if the ROMS directory needs to be installed, it´s frezzes anyway

and there is any way to delete the homebrew i already installed?
Max7731

Post by Max7731 »

hi I have a problem with the emulator FMSXPSP.Au launch rom apparaî a message saying "No loadable files found in the archive." There would be there a solution to this post?. pour your comments Thank you :) .

Edit: I'll detail more pronfondeur my problème.with emulator "FMSXPSP" I create a file like this ROM http://prntscr.com/1ol7tk I put Roma in this folder after I installed on my psvita. after I make a rom and that is that apparaî message "No loadable files found in the archive." thank you I hope to be more precise.

Return to “Vita Half Byte Loader”