Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[VHBL/CEF] 138Menu L4 [02/07/14] + Source

VHBL (Vita Half Byte Loader) is an open source tool to load PSP homebrews on the Playstation Vita.
VHBL can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/vhbl
GBOT
Developer

Re: [VHBL] 138Menu

Post by GBOT »

If you keep your homebrew installed in /GAME and update I think the homebrew will execute but you will not be able to create new files or modify anything there, I'm not even sure if you will be able to delete the files later (most likely yes).
If you are on Apache overkill just download the menu and use ms0:/PSP/GAME as your path, it should work normally
Then if you want to use the upcoming vhbl, just move everything to ms0:/PSP/VHBL and update the cfg file before updating, if you have moved the files already then you shouldn't worry about anything
Advertising
Github
Twitter

Can't give enough crepes
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

GBOT wrote:If you keep your homebrew installed in /GAME and update I think the homebrew will execute but you will not be able to create new files or modify anything there, I'm not even sure if you will be able to delete the files later (most likely yes).
If you are on Apache overkill just download the menu and use ms0:/PSP/GAME as your path, it should work normally
Then if you want to use the upcoming vhbl, just move everything to ms0:/PSP/VHBL and update the cfg file before updating, if you have moved the files already then you shouldn't worry about anything

Firmware 2.1x blocks creating and renaming of folders inside of the /GAME/ folder. Everything inside the folder of a Homebrew, isnt affected. You can delete folders from /GAME/ but not create or rename them, unless you rename the GAME folder into something else (e.g. GAME2). If the folder isnt called GAME, you can create and rename folders inside it, but KEEP IN MIND (Very Important!) that you HAVE to re-rename it to /GAME/ BEFORE you exit your homebrew/PSPFiler/whatever, otherwise it will be impossible to load any PSP/MiniS from the PS Vitas Live Area (Since its searching for Games inside of /GAME/ which does not exist, cause you renamed it).
Advertising
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
GBOT
Developer

Post by GBOT »

The Z wrote:Firmware 2.1x blocks creating and renaming of folders inside of the /GAME/ folder. Everything inside the folder of a Homebrew, isnt affected. You can delete folders from /GAME/ but not create or rename them, unless you rename the GAME folder into something else (e.g. GAME2). If the folder isnt called GAME, you can create and rename folders inside it, but KEEP IN MIND (Very Important!) that you HAVE to re-rename it to /GAME/ BEFORE you exit your homebrew/PSPFiler/whatever, otherwise it will be impossible to load any PSP/MiniS from the PS Vitas Live Area (Since its searching for Games inside of /GAME/ which does not exist, cause you renamed it).
Interesting, that could be a good way to keep installing stuff in /GAME but I would have to make sure the exploited game imports the renaming function so I will let this aside for now, I want to keep this the most compatible possible for different vhbls.
Anyway I think installing homebrew in /VHBL will not be a issue for "new" people. For people coming from older exploits its just a move operation after all :)
Github
Twitter

Can't give enough crepes
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

The Z wrote:
GBOT wrote:If you keep your homebrew installed in /GAME and update I think the homebrew will execute but you will not be able to create new files or modify anything there, I'm not even sure if you will be able to delete the files later (most likely yes).

Firmware 2.1x blocks creating and renaming of folders inside of the /GAME/ folder. Everything inside the folder of a Homebrew, isnt affected. You can delete folders from /GAME/ but not create or rename them, unless you rename the GAME folder into something else (e.g. GAME2). If the folder isnt called GAME, you can create and rename folders inside it, but KEEP IN MIND (Very Important!) that you HAVE to re-rename it to /GAME/ BEFORE you exit your homebrew/PSPFiler/whatever, otherwise it will be impossible to load any PSP/MiniS from the PS Vitas Live Area (Since its searching for Games inside of /GAME/ which does not exist, cause you renamed it).
Im using the new vhbl (qwikrazor) and I can delete, move and do all of that except use the homebrew. It installed there also, just doesn't run
Intel Core i7 4770K @4.7Ghz
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair H100i Water Cooling
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
1TB WD Blue - 128GB 840 PRO SSD
BenQ XL2420TE Gaming Monitor
pspfanMOHH

Post by pspfanMOHH »

The Z wrote:

I am pretty sure if you update the GAME folder is renamed GAME, but then again renaming GAME to vHBL permanently is a not a good idea.

@Jeo I am on 2.12 and my vHBLs can run homebrews that are already in GAME folder
10 years young!
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

JeoWay wrote:
The Z wrote:

Im using the new vhbl (qwikrazor) and I can delete, move and do all of that except use the homebrew. It installed there also, just doesn't run
Impossible. Firmware 2.10+ prohibits the writing access to /GAME/. It prevents creating and renaming folders inside of /GAME/ (except you rename GAME and THEN try to put stuff inside of the former GAME folder).

Ive also used qwikrazors HBL, and it can launch homebrews for me, even from /PSP/GAME/, there might be a problem at your paths/Install.ZIP.
pspfanMOHH wrote:
The Z wrote:

I am pretty sure if you update the GAME folder is renamed GAME, but then again renaming GAME to vHBL permanently is a not a good idea.

@Jeo I am on 2.12 and my vHBLs can run homebrews that are already in GAME folder
If you rename the GAME folder to GAME2 and then quit the exploit game, the PS Vita will create a new /GAME/ folder, and prevents you from starting your PSP-Software titles, cause the new GAME folder is empty. It does not automatically re-rename the GAME2 folder back into GAME. Ive never suggested to rename GAME to VHBL, you should create a new folder inside of /PSP/ and call it VHBL. Then move your homebrews from /GAME/ to /VHBL/, so you have all your HBs in one directory, if this is wished. I am using /PSP/VHBL/ for my VHBL Homebrews, /GAME/ is for other stuff.

Btw: I can confirm that my VHBL and qwikrazors VHBL can run homebrews from /GAME/, even at FW 2.12.
monkeydoink420

Post by monkeydoink420 »

love the menu looks amazing :D amazing
white psv 3.18 vhbl
black psv 3.01 tn-v9.7
ps3 slim 4.60 ofw
ps4 1.75
and everything else ! :)
jkoiou

Post by jkoiou »

pspfanMOHH wrote:
The Z wrote:

So in essence... If I install a homebrew now on 2.02 in GAME and leave it there when I update to 2.12, it will work but can never be updated bc it's in the GAME folder? And if I have everything in VHBL folder from now (except pspfiler) then everything should work no problem on the new exploit? Or would I have to change the install folder through a .cfg file as mentioned? I did not rename GAME bc of the vita's need for it. Sorry if this should seem straight forward but TNV is super easy to use and straightforward with being able to FTP etc. I just wanna make sure there is nothing I am missing to install before I update through the FTP method. Ie. smoke suggested I install psplorer for file management. Any other necessary apps to install? Also deleting my 2 isos on there freed up a lot of space (4gb) so I can now load new vita game and/or the new exploit game if it requires it (not that you needed to know tht)
Back on topic though, I think I will definitely be using this GUI for my VHBL.
The Wizard came from the moon!
PSP: 1k, 2k, Go ~ProC 6.60
PSV: 3.18 GB TN-V10
PS: X + One, 2 + Slim, 3 A01 + 2k Habib 4.60 + 2k & 4k OFW, PS4
Xbox: 1, 360RE5, One
Nin: NES, SNES, RDuo, SupraBoy, N64, GC, WiiHBC, WiiUd, GB, gbaSP, DSi, DSIXL, NEW 3DSXL
pspfanMOHH

Post by pspfanMOHH »

jkoiou wrote:
So in essence... If I install a homebrew now on 2.02 in GAME and leave it there when I update to 2.12, it will work but can never be updated bc it's in the GAME folder? And if I have everything in VHBL folder from now (except pspfiler) then everything should work no problem on the new exploit? Or would I have to change the install folder through a .cfg file as mentioned? I did not rename GAME bc of the vita's need for it. Sorry if this should seem straight forward but TNV is super easy to use and straightforward with being able to FTP etc. I just wanna make sure there is nothing I am missing to install before I update through the FTP method. Ie. smoke suggested I install psplorer for file management. Any other necessary apps to install? Also deleting my 2 isos on there freed up a lot of space (4gb) so I can now load new vita game and/or the new exploit game if it requires it (not that you needed to know tht)
Back on topic though, I think I will definitely be using this GUI for my VHBL.
I recommend to use PSPFiler or any filer manager to back up any important files(that you need such as savefiles) in GAME and then update. Also PSPFiler doesn't work with Razor's vHBL, so you have too manually install the savefiles or homebrews using INSTALL.ZIP. For Example put the save file in the homebrew/emulator then create the INSTALL.ZIP
10 years young!
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

If you are inside of /PSP/ you can do the following things:

Put in, Put out, create, delete, rename files and folders (no limitations - Except EBOOT.PBP files)

If you are inside of /PSP/GAME/ you can do the following things:

Put in, Put out, create, delete and rename files (Except EBOOT.PBP files)
Just put out & delete folders - Putting in, creating and renaming folders is blocked

If you are inside of /PSP/GAME/PSPFiler/ you can do the following things:

Put in, Put out, create, delete, rename files and folders (no limitations - Except EBOOT.PBP files)

So the limitation is just in the /PSP/GAME/ layer, but not in /PSP/ or inside any folder thats inside of /PSP/GAME/ (e.g. /PSP/GAME/Filer/).
And since /PSP/ isnt limited, its possible to rename the /GAME/ folder, for (temporary removing the limitations) putting stuff inside it.

Return to “Vita Half Byte Loader”