Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

2.10 VHBL R163 wmenu fix.

VHBL (Vita Half Byte Loader) is an open source tool to load PSP homebrews on the Playstation Vita.
VHBL can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/vhbl
Total-Noob
Guru

Re: 2.10 VHBL R163 wmenu fix.

Post by Total-Noob »

Well, me, I've managed to bypass EBOOT.PBP security. Now I have the whole IO power over PSPEMU :p
Advertising
jvhellraiser

Post by jvhellraiser »

Total-Noob wrote:Well, me, I've managed to bypass EBOOT.PBP security. Now I have the whole IO power over PSPEMU :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: I knew you was going to surprise us with this
the question was when but I guess you just did, thanks for your
hard work TN.
Advertising
Kankertje

Post by Kankertje »

Total-Noob wrote:Well, me, I've managed to bypass EBOOT.PBP security. Now I have the whole IO power over PSPEMU :p
So what happens if you replace legitimate EBOOT.PBP of game and try to launch it from live area, anything interesting ?
katsu

Post by katsu »

savedata copy eboot rename savedata folder game :) easy copy eboot to game folder :P
Psvita wifi 2.05TN-V/3.52OFW DUALNAND FW
psvita wifi 3.52OFW
PSTV US 3.52 HFW
PSTV JP 3.51 HFW
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

I guess the system does a hash check on the file. Changing the title of EBOOT.PBP already makes it invalid.
StepS

Post by StepS »

the components of Vita's firmware check for required license files associated with the app before it can be launched. unless you use a fake_np encryption tied to your account (by using a donor pbp from your account) with them, but this is just a theory, and now with this it can come true :)
although I'm still not sure what's so special about these license files.

PS: does this mean the IO move also works? (or you now have a way to implement it yourself)?
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

StepS wrote:the components of Vita's firmware check for required license files associated with the app before it can be launched. unless you use a fake_np encryption tied to your account (by using a donor pbp from your account) with them, but this is just a theory, and now with this it can come true :)
although I'm still not sure what's so special about these license files.

PS: does this mean the IO move also works? (or you now have a way to implement it yourself)?
I don't think that will work, I feel that it would still have something to do with the way the emulator works. But then again, TN ported the PSP VSH to the PSVita so it might be possible.
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
dimy93
HBL Tester

Post by dimy93 »

It's interesting to see whether demos needs a license file - it's most likely but who knows
StepS

Post by StepS »

hgoel0974 wrote:I don't think that will work, I feel that it would still have something to do with the way the emulator works. But then again, TN ported the PSP VSH to the PSVita so it might be possible.
having the full IO access over pspemu could mean that one would be able to hack the file allocation table in order to move files and folders, even if the original method doesn't work on pspemu.
dimy93 wrote:It's interesting to see whether demos needs a license file - it's most likely but who knows
on vita yes, they will for sure. therefore you cannot sign homebrews "for everyone". also you must have had any kernel hack in the past to be able to transfer this, assuming the theory ever comes true...
vhblfans

Post by vhblfans »

Total-Noob is a genius :D

Return to “Vita Half Byte Loader”