Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Update or not to update?

hackerz

Re: Update or not to update?

Post by hackerz »

well u dont really buy any system just for homebrew sure they are good but,we know almost always the offical games are better
Advertising
SifJar

Post by SifJar »

rafael707 wrote:
SifJar wrote:I think basically what he's saying is you don't buy the console purely for homebrew, you also buy it for the official games and other official functionality. And when there is no hack publicly available for the current firmware, you may as well keep updating to get the official new features and ensure you can play new official games, and also so that you get any bug fixes and stability improvements that are added officially by Sony.

buying a vita for homebrew ATM would be pointless, get a psp for that...
That's partly his point, partly completely missing his point. His point is, you don't buy any console just for homebrew. What he's saying is that homebrew is a "nice extra", but that the "main attraction" of a console is the official stuff. In other words, there is no point holding out on updating in the hopes for homebrew - homebrew isn't the reason the OP bought the console and chances are it won't be what he spends most time with if/when it happens. But once homebrew does come, if there are no official features being added that a particular person cares for, there is no point in them updating until there is a feature or game they want that requires an update. No one is buying a Vita for homebrew, unless they're rather stupid :?
Advertising
rafael707

Post by rafael707 »

SifJar wrote:
rafael707 wrote:
SifJar wrote:I think basically what he's saying is you don't buy the console purely for homebrew, you also buy it for the official games and other official functionality. And when there is no hack publicly available for the current firmware, you may as well keep updating to get the official new features and ensure you can play new official games, and also so that you get any bug fixes and stability improvements that are added officially by Sony.

buying a vita for homebrew ATM would be pointless, get a psp for that...
That's partly his point, partly completely missing his point. His point is, you don't buy any console just for homebrew. What he's saying is that homebrew is a "nice extra", but that the "main attraction" of a console is the official stuff. In other words, there is no point holding out on updating in the hopes for homebrew - homebrew isn't the reason the OP bought the console and chances are it won't be what he spends most time with if/when it happens. But once homebrew does come, if there are no official features being added that a particular person cares for, there is no point in them updating until there is a feature or game they want that requires an update. No one is buying a Vita for homebrew, unless they're rather stupid :?

ok point has been made, i think this topic has ran its course..
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don
hackerz

Post by hackerz »

yea its over its up to the person anyways look when they came out with 6.39 they all said dont update and look who did a bunch of idoits maybe if we tell them to update they wont :P
SifJar

Post by SifJar »

hackerz wrote:yea its over its up to the person anyways look when they came out with 6.39 they all said dont update and look who did a bunch of idoits maybe if we tell them to update they wont :P
This is kinda off topic, but there was no problem with updating from 6.39, considering there is 6.60 PRO (and it wasn't as if it took long after 6.60 came out for PRO to be released for it).
rafael707

Post by rafael707 »

SifJar wrote:
hackerz wrote:yea its over its up to the person anyways look when they came out with 6.39 they all said dont update and look who did a bunch of idoits maybe if we tell them to update they wont :P
This is kinda off topic, but there was no problem with updating from 6.39, considering there is 6.60 PRO (and it wasn't as if it took long after 6.60 came out for PRO to be released for it).
this is about vita.. not psp guys..
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don
hackerz

Post by hackerz »

rafael707 wrote:
SifJar wrote:
this is about vita.. not psp guys..
I was using a example when u tell people not to update they do.
Soi was saying maybe if we tell them to they wont.
wth
HBL Developer

Post by wth »

ultimakillz wrote:is that is true then it is great news. keep the name of the game a secret and don't tell anyone who isn't known in the scene. i also suggest you send a pm to wololo with this information as he's currently spearheading porting the hbl to the vita, and a working exploit in a demo would be a great advancement.
got my vita today, here's the PoC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l70oGahjHh4
bad quality, sry (only have my laptop's front camera today ^^')
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Congrats wth :)
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
Ahmed360

Post by Ahmed360 »

wth wrote:
ultimakillz wrote:is that is true then it is great news. keep the name of the game a secret and don't tell anyone who isn't known in the scene. i also suggest you send a pm to wololo with this information as he's currently spearheading porting the hbl to the vita, and a working exploit in a demo would be a great advancement.
got my vita today, here's the PoC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l70oGahjHh4
bad quality, sry (only have my laptop's front camera today ^^')
WoW, awesome man! (*_* )

Return to “Homebrews”