Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Basilisk II Vita (Mac Emulator) runs Dongleware games!

rsn8887

Basilisk II Vita (Mac Emulator) runs Dongleware games!

Post by rsn8887 »

This emulator is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Finally I can play the Dongleware games. It runs them better than Dosbox on Nvidia Shield.

I got incredible results with the following settings:
- Use native Vita screen Resolution in Emulator GUI (544 lines). This gives a perfectly sharp image.
- Set the refresh rate to 60 Hz in the emulator gui. This gives a perfectly smooth mouse pointer.
- Increase the mouse speed to maximum in the System Folder -> Control Panel -> Mouse settings in MacOS 7.5.5
- Use large System 7.5.5 hard disk (size 400 MB) to have enough room for games
- Disable most useless extensions in control panel (Printer drivers etc.)
- Use 20 MB memory in Emulator GUI
- Use Performa.rom
- Use 444 MHz Vita clock (for max speed)

I used hfv explorer and Basilisk II for Windows to prepare my system disk, copy stuffit expander onto it, and copy some games to it.

I am in heaven - I can play my favorite Mac Games on the go. The following games are my favorite Mac Games, and they run very smooth, pretty much perfect, with perfect sound:
Oxyd (Dongleware)
Per.Oxyd (Dongleware)
Oxyd Magnum (Dongleware)
Oxyd Extra (Dongleware)
Bolo (Dongleware) (!!!!!)

Luckily, some of these games have option menus where I could increase the mouse speed even more. With that adjustment, the analog control with the left analog stick is perfect and smooth.

Bolo sometimes slows down a bit, but it does so on a real Mac computer, too. For Bolo to work, I had to mount the .iso file. The CD is mixed-mode Data+Audio. I had to convert the data track, track 1 only, to an iso file for it to work. Otherwise it was only showing up as an audio CD.
Advertising

Return to “Homebrews”