Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] PSVTrimmer - shrink .psv card images for archival

pez2k

[RELEASE] PSVTrimmer - shrink .psv card images for archival

Post by pez2k »

Since the open-source .psv format for storing images of your Vita gamecards was unveiled last week, the main gripe with the format seems to have been that by default it includes all of the blank space on the card as part of the image. Since the algorithm to trim the image down to only the pertinent data is so simple, I've knocked together a quick application that does so.

This is just a first test version, with room for future QOL updates like a progress bar, and future features like restoring a trimmed image back to its full size. For now though, it just trims, as that seems to be the most demanded option. I'm more interested in whether it works currently than whether it's a friendly, idiot-proofed tool.

I'll pretty much copy the release notes below for any other details:

This software has not been extensively tested as I only own two cards, so no warranty is provided. I strongly suggest that it should only be run on copies of your original images initially until you verify that it has worked correctly.

Currently no progress bar is displayed, so you may have to wait up to several minutes for the process to complete. However, during local testing (with an i7 CPU and mechanical HDD) the tool takes approximately one second per 100 MB of data to be trimmed.

All credit for the .PSV file format goes to Motoharu Gosuto, Yifan Lu, and devnoname120. I am providing this tool for archival use only. No guarantee is provided that any existing or future implementations of other .PSV tools support the use of trimmed images.

Requires .NET Framework 4.6.

Download:
https://github.com/pez2k/PSVTrimmer/releases
Advertising
dmaskell92

Re: [RELEASE] PSVTrimmer - shrink .psv card images for archi

Post by dmaskell92 »

Seems like a step in the right direction
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Return to “Homebrews”