Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

The File is Corrupt (C0-11138-4)

Fife Dawg

Post by Fife Dawg »

Hi Guys i have been using Vitamin 2.0 to backup all my physical vita games to VPK files as i now have a 128 GB SD card and the SD2 adapter. Using Disgaea 3 as an example, i uploaded the save data to online storage and then deleted the Disgaea 3 bubble and all data from my vita. I then install the VPK file from Vitashell and it appears as a bubble in my home screen - all fine so far. However when i try to start the game i get the following message:

This is the UK version of Disgaea 3. I have also tried with UK version of Virtua Tennis and same problem.

Any ideas what the problem is? Do i need to go into Vitashell and delete any of the previous Disgaea 3 files perhaps?
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: The File is Corrupt (C0-11138-4)

Post by fate6 »

Try using maidump too dump the cart? the "backup" methods that exist right now are horrible so there are a ton of incompatibilities but sometimes using the other tool gets it working.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Fife Dawg

Post by Fife Dawg »

Cheers for the reply and I will try using Maidump. I also downloaded my Disgaea 3 save from online storage and I have read elsewhere on the internet that this could cause the error as the cartridge save file is encrypted and won't work with the vpk game unless you decrypt the save file.

Any thoughts on that?
Fife Dawg

Post by Fife Dawg »

Anyone on the forum know the easiest way to decrypt a physical vita cartridge save file so that it works with the vpk game?

Cheers, FD
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Fife Dawg wrote:Cheers for the reply and I will try using Maidump. I also downloaded my Disgaea 3 save from online storage and I have read elsewhere on the internet that this could cause the error as the cartridge save file is encrypted and won't work with the vpk game unless you decrypt the save file.

Any thoughts on that?
Thats not how that works and your saves will work fine.
Its updates that need to match the games encryption but no not saves.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Fife Dawg

Post by Fife Dawg »

fate6 wrote:
Fife Dawg wrote:Cheers for the reply and I will try using Maidump. I also downloaded my Disgaea 3 save from online storage and I have read elsewhere on the internet that this could cause the error as the cartridge save file is encrypted and won't work with the vpk game unless you decrypt the save file.

Any thoughts on that?
Thats not how that works and your saves will work fine.
Its updates that need to match the games encryption but no not saves.
I have used Maidump to install the UK Disgaea 3 plus the update but when i download my cartridge save from PS Online storage i am still getting the "The File is Corrupt (C0-11138-4)" message. How do i get rid of this error so that i can use my old save file with the Maidump rip? The rip is not from the cartridge, i downloaded from another site so is that causing the issue? Would it work if i use Maidump to rip the game file from the cartridge?

FD

Return to “Homebrews”