#419276 by the_importer
Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:17 am
Sure, current PS Vita and PS TV owners can backup their profiles, but someone who buys one of these systems now with firmware 3.60 or less won't really be able to do much without a PSN profile. Guess a new hack for firmware 3.65 will be required or this hacking scene is pretty much dead.
Advertising
#419293 by dmaskell92
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:46 pm
You are aware activation isn't required for most things? You could use a fake activation and pirate almost anything. I'm not necessarily pro piracy but if Sony wants to play dirty who cares.
#419295 by the_importer
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:03 pm
dmaskell92 wrote:You are aware activation isn't required for most things? You could use a fake activation and pirate almost anything. I'm not necessarily pro piracy but if Sony wants to play dirty who cares.

So no game updates, no DLC, no way to backup your save data. Kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?
#419296 by dmaskell92
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:10 pm
the_importer wrote:
dmaskell92 wrote:You are aware activation isn't required for most things? You could use a fake activation and pirate almost anything. I'm not necessarily pro piracy but if Sony wants to play dirty who cares.

So no game updates, no DLC, no way to backup your save data. Kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?

Are you new here? You can backup DLC and use it on any unlicensed PSVITA. I don't even know what you mean about backing up savedata, there's a homebrew for that. You can also download any update that predates 3.60. Most of the best games do. Also it's only a matter of time before the 3.60 barrier is breached. It was the same concept with the PS3.
#419298 by the_importer
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:18 pm
dmaskell92 wrote:
the_importer wrote:

Are you new here? You can backup DLC and use it on any unlicensed PSVITA. I don't even know what you mean about backing up savedata, there's a homebrew for that. You can also download any update that predates 3.60. Most of the best games do. Also it's only a matter of time before the 3.60 barrier is breached. It was the same concept with the PS3.

You're assuming that everyone wants install Vita games. So people simply want to use their physical Vita cards, but with the benefit of homebrews. If you want to use updates and DLC that's not from PSN, you need to install your games, you can't use the original cards.
#419300 by dmaskell92
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:31 pm
That's just not correct. I use retail carts, I even have plugins that run on retail games like oclock vita, and Save manager. Unless the game was released after 3.60, a fake activation would be enough to save and do whatever you want.