Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

So SONY pretty much killed the Vita hacking scene, right?

the_importer

Re: So SONY pretty much killed the Vita hacking scene, right

Post by the_importer »

dmaskell92 wrote:That's just not correct. I use retail carts, I even have plugins that run on retail games like oclock vita, and Save manager. Unless the game was released after 3.60, a fake activation would be enough to save and do whatever you want.
So you managed to use DLC and patches that were NOT obtained via PSN and use it with your physical cards?
Advertising
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

the_importer wrote:
dmaskell92 wrote:That's just not correct. I use retail carts, I even have plugins that run on retail games like oclock vita, and Save manager. Unless the game was released after 3.60, a fake activation would be enough to save and do whatever you want.
So you managed to use DLC and patches that were NOT obtained via PSN and use it with your physical cards?
Yes I have a selfmade undub patch I created for Final fantasy X. The update is in ux0:patch/PCSE00293/ and it's 1637MB. The entire game is about 4gb IIRC so I save allot of space.

TL:DR decrypted update files installed in ux0:patch work with encrypted retail carts.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

dmaskell92 wrote:
the_importer wrote:
Yes I have a selfmade undub patch I created for Final fantasy X. The update is in ux0:patch/PCSE00293/ and it's 1637MB. The entire game is about 4gb IIRC so I save allot of space.

TL:DR decrypted update files installed in ux0:patch work with encrypted retail carts.
OK, but FFX and FFX-2 undubbed are fanwork to begin with. If there a way to use real, official patches and DLC installed from a VPK or Mai dump using your physical cards.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

You realize it's literally the same thing as a update? The undub is just files from the Japanese version of the game with a modified param.sfo to say version 1.02.

An update is a few new files or updated files with a extra digit on the param.sfo

the_importer

Post by the_importer »

dmaskell92 wrote:You realize it's literally the same thing as a update? The undub is just files from the Japanese version of the game with a modified param.sfo to say version 1.02.

An update is a few new files or updated files with a extra digit on the param.sfo
You didn't answer the question.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Dude I already answered you, the game is a retail cart, the undub update are files ripped with mai.

The update I made is the same exact way Sony creates a update. Only my update files are decrypted, yet they still work with a encrypted cart.

the_importer

Post by the_importer »

dmaskell92 wrote:Dude I already answered you, the game is a retail cart, the undub update are files ripped with mai.

The update I made is the same exact way Sony creates a update. Only my update files are decrypted, yet they still work with a encrypted cart.
Hey man, I tried using a Mai Dump DLC with a physical game, never worked, hence why I'm asking you again, have you tried anything official?
kornboy82

Post by kornboy82 »

There was an homebrew named Vita Activator that used to work to activate your Vita offline. This kind of apps just need to be updated and we could continue like before.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

I'm pretty sure Vita Activator wasn't offline and it's broken now. I have to see if any of my carts require updates or have dlc, I don't know if any do so give me a second.

fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

The reason your undub works is thanks to it being used as an update not DLC, Updates are layered over the base game plus the undub doesn't use any executable so there is nothing to load.

The vita loads the file tree of the cart then loads the one from the update, any files in the update have priority over those in the base game, The vita then uses this new file tree when loading assets.

DLC works differently as they load in a different way which has not been "cracked" since everyone is happy with their hacked up dumps.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Homebrews”