Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

So SONY pretty much killed the Vita hacking scene, right?

the_importer

So SONY pretty much killed the Vita hacking scene, right?

Post by the_importer »

Sure, current PS Vita and PS TV owners can backup their profiles, but someone who buys one of these systems now with firmware 3.60 or less won't really be able to do much without a PSN profile. Guess a new hack for firmware 3.65 will be required or this hacking scene is pretty much dead.
Advertising
d@rk51d3

Re: So SONY pretty much killed the Vita hacking scene, right

Post by d@rk51d3 »

Not really.

You snooze, you lose.
Advertising
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

d@rk51d3 wrote:Not really.

You snooze, you lose.
Looks like we have a title replier here.
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." -Vita hacking scene
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

yifanlu wrote:"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." -Vita hacking scene
Giving you top points for this great quote, but that being said, just like an economy can't grow without fresh young workers, a hacking scene can't grow without new users.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

You are aware activation isn't required for most things? You could use a fake activation and pirate almost anything. I'm not necessarily pro piracy but if Sony wants to play dirty who cares.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

dmaskell92 wrote:You are aware activation isn't required for most things? You could use a fake activation and pirate almost anything. I'm not necessarily pro piracy but if Sony wants to play dirty who cares.
So no game updates, no DLC, no way to backup your save data. Kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

the_importer wrote:
dmaskell92 wrote:You are aware activation isn't required for most things? You could use a fake activation and pirate almost anything. I'm not necessarily pro piracy but if Sony wants to play dirty who cares.
So no game updates, no DLC, no way to backup your save data. Kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?
Are you new here? You can backup DLC and use it on any unlicensed PSVITA. I don't even know what you mean about backing up savedata, there's a homebrew for that. You can also download any update that predates 3.60. Most of the best games do. Also it's only a matter of time before the 3.60 barrier is breached. It was the same concept with the PS3.

the_importer

Post by the_importer »

dmaskell92 wrote:
the_importer wrote:
Are you new here? You can backup DLC and use it on any unlicensed PSVITA. I don't even know what you mean about backing up savedata, there's a homebrew for that. You can also download any update that predates 3.60. Most of the best games do. Also it's only a matter of time before the 3.60 barrier is breached. It was the same concept with the PS3.
You're assuming that everyone wants install Vita games. So people simply want to use their physical Vita cards, but with the benefit of homebrews. If you want to use updates and DLC that's not from PSN, you need to install your games, you can't use the original cards.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

That's just not correct. I use retail carts, I even have plugins that run on retail games like oclock vita, and Save manager. Unless the game was released after 3.60, a fake activation would be enough to save and do whatever you want.

Return to “Homebrews”