Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

psp2shell : ease development on ps vita devices

cpasjuste

psp2shell : ease development on ps vita devices

Post by cpasjuste »

Hi,

I'd like to present you "psp2shell", a combination of plugins and client (linux) to ease the development process on ps vita devices.

As stated in the README :
psp2shell is an utility/remote shell (plugin+client, wifi) to ease the development process on ps vita devices. You should be able to print debug output over the shell (sceClibPrintf), send files, send/restart your application at anytime, from anywhere saving some precious time for the real stuff.
There was an old discussion thread about it around, but it has changed a lot and needed a new start for that. The old "psp2shell" releases worked as a library, which means developers needed to link against it, and was crashing as your app crash. It now run as a main/sceshell user plugin, so you have a persistent shell to print/send/load/reload... your applications.

I do think it's a major step forward for developers, i hope people with try it and maybe, improve it !

Here's the source code :
And here is the latest released binaries (linux client still need to be built, windows client should be build-able from "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows" or "cygwin") :
Advertising
noname120
Developer

Re: psp2shell : ease development on ps vita devices

Post by noname120 »

This is a great step toward comfortable development on the Vita. Great job ! ;)
Advertising
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead

Return to “Homebrews”