Today i want to introduce you to a web service i was working on in these last days: VitaDB.
- What is this? VitaDB is an online database constantly updated where you can find every single homebrew and plugin ever released for HENkaku/taiHEN.
- How it works? You'll find on VitaDB two different kind of listers: [url=http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/]Homebrew Lister[/url] and [url=https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/plugins]Plugin Lister[/url]. The Homebrew Lister will show you the totality of our homebrews database allowing the user to directly download such homebrews in .vpk format. If an homebrew requires extra data in ux0:/data folder, a Data Files download will show up to download a .zip archive that can be extracted directly in such folder. Homebrews are split in several categories and the website will allows you to filter between categories and to search a specific set of homebrews in the database. The Plugin Lister is similar to the homebrew one but doesn't provide a categorization of the plugins. Plugins will be downloadable in a .zip archive on directly in .suprx/.skprx format.
- Who updates the database? Final goal of the project is to allow users to insert their own homebrews in the database but actually there are some moderators that will update the database when a new homebrew/update will pop out.
- Why BETA? The website has not been tested accurately so you'll probably see some graphical glitch (aka CSS fault) and there could be some vulnerabilities. We encourage everyone who find something strange to get in contact with us as soon as possible to fix the issue.
- Can i use the database for an app? We provide a [url=http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/api]minimalistic API[/url] that will allow you to get the entries in our database in YAML or JSON format. If you need more specific functions, get in touch with us.
- What i won't find on VitaDB?
VitaDB is meant to give free advertisement to Vita devs in order to get their works rapidly accessible on end-users console.
However, due to our ideology and how the project internally works we will never advertise:
- Homebrews using copyrighted material in the package
- Game dumps
- Homebrews related to projects that got legally striked (eg: DMCA)
- Homebrews made using oneLua