Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[ANNOUNCEMENT] VitaDB - Online database for hbs & plugins

Rinnegatamante
VIP

[ANNOUNCEMENT] VitaDB - Online database for hbs & plugins

Post by Rinnegatamante »

VitaDB BETA (https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it)

Today i want to introduce you to a web service i was working on in these last days: VitaDB.
  • What is this?
  • VitaDB is an online database constantly updated where you can find every single homebrew and plugin ever released for HENkaku/taiHEN.
  • How it's made?
  • VitaDB frontend is completely wrote in JavaScript ([url=https://angular.io/]AngularJS[/url] framework) and HTML. AngularJS technology allows the website to be completely responsive (so, you'll never see a page reload). Backend (API) is wrote in PHP.
  • How it works?
  • You'll find on VitaDB two different kind of listers: [url=http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/]Homebrew Lister[/url] and [url=https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/plugins]Plugin Lister[/url]. The Homebrew Lister will show you the totality of our homebrews database allowing the user to directly download such homebrews in .vpk format. If an homebrew requires extra data in ux0:/data folder, a Data Files download will show up to download a .zip archive that can be extracted directly in such folder. Homebrews are split in several categories and the website will allows you to filter between categories and to search a specific set of homebrews in the database. The Plugin Lister is similar to the homebrew one but doesn't provide a categorization of the plugins. Plugins will be downloadable in a .zip archive on directly in .suprx/.skprx format.
  • Who updates the database?
  • Final goal of the project is to allow users to insert their own homebrews in the database but actually there are some moderators that will update the database when a new homebrew/update will pop out.
  • Why BETA?
  • The website has not been tested accurately so you'll probably see some graphical glitch (aka CSS fault) and there could be some vulnerabilities. We encourage everyone who find something strange to get in contact with us as soon as possible to fix the issue.
  • Can i use the database for an app?
  • We provide a [url=http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/api]minimalistic API[/url] that will allow you to get the entries in our database in YAML or JSON format. If you need more specific functions, get in touch with us.
  • What i won't find on VitaDB?

VitaDB is meant to give free advertisement to Vita devs in order to get their works rapidly accessible on end-users console.
    However, due to our ideology and how the project internally works we will never advertise:
    • Homebrews using copyrighted material in the package
    • Game dumps
    • Homebrews related to projects that got legally striked (eg: DMCA)
    • Homebrews made using oneLua
Advertising
Last edited by Rinnegatamante on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
noname120
Developer

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] VitaDB - Online database for hbs & plugin

Post by noname120 »

Also, as some of you might know, I'm working on a Vita homebrew store with Arkanite.

I have already created a full server with a comprehensive API but I decided that it would be better to rely on Rinnegatamante's work rather than fragmenting the community and maintaining two databases. This means that my homebrew store will use VitaDB for its source of homebrews.
Advertising
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead
d@rk51d3

Post by d@rk51d3 »

Very nice. Can't wait to try it out. 8-)
Filippo94

Post by Filippo94 »

Hello! I gave a look to the site and I find it really neat and useful. Found a couple of things I've never heared about, so thanks for that aswell :D.
I'd have a suggestion: Would be nice to have a link to a source where the homebrew or plugin comes from, to be able to quickly get much more informations about the homebrew or plugin itself.

For example: Project Void v.0.0.2 is a tech demo created by the developers to test the recently released GPU APIs, and which will eventually evolve into a full game. I find important to know why an homebrew exists and which is it's real purpose. Also, think about the users: they download what's described as a "3D space shoot'em up.", and find a simple ship which shoots at asteroids with elementar graphics and not even a score system. That'll make the homebrew look like a cheap game designed from who knows barely how to code, which isn't the case at all. The devs have stated that this is just a test of the new APIs, and people downloading the app from this site will never know.

There are other things I'd like to know more about, for example the "trainer" plugins, which I never heared of, and didn't manage to find a quick answer from Google, or which is the difference between the two Scumm emulators listed, or which arcades PFBA actually emulates....

These are infos that take space and time to be sorted in a single site, while a simple "Source" link would solve the issue :)

Thanks for your great work, will definitely bookmark this site!
PSP Fat cfw 6.60 Pro-C2
PSVita Fat 3.60 taiHen
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Filippo94 wrote:Hello! I gave a look to the site and I find it really neat and useful. Found a couple of things I've never heared about, so thanks for that aswell :D.
I'd have a suggestion: Would be nice to have a link to a source where the homebrew or plugin comes from, to be able to quickly get much more informations about the homebrew or plugin itself.

For example: Project Void v.0.0.2 is a tech demo created by the developers to test the recently released GPU APIs, and which will eventually evolve into a full game. I find important to know why an homebrew exists and which is it's real purpose. Also, think about the users: they download what's described as a "3D space shoot'em up.", and find a simple ship which shoots at asteroids with elementar graphics and not even a score system. That'll make the homebrew look like a cheap game designed from who knows barely how to code, which isn't the case at all. The devs have stated that this is just a test of the new APIs, and people downloading the app from this site will never know.

There are other things I'd like to know more about, for example the "trainer" plugins, which I never heared of, and didn't manage to find a quick answer from Google, or which is the difference between the two Scumm emulators listed, or which arcades PFBA actually emulates....

These are infos that take space and time to be sorted in a single site, while a simple "Source" link would solve the issue :)

Thanks for your great work, will definitely bookmark this site!
I was planning to add an "extended description" feature that will just show a popup on the screen when pressed. This will probably do what you suggested basically.
Filippo94

Post by Filippo94 »

Great, that's just what I felt was missing.
Thanks again for your hard work!
PSP Fat cfw 6.60 Pro-C2
PSVita Fat 3.60 taiHen
Davis9278

API :D

Post by Davis9278 »

Hi Rinnegatamante.

From the day it was announced that you were working on a content server, notice that said an API section, think about creating an application that uses that API,

I am currently working on it,
You could add to the API, the size in bytes of vpk / prx / DataPkg?

And of course I wanted to know if you agree that I make use of your server, always mentioning that you rely on it.

Regards ;)
Please refer to me as DevDavisNunez,
I am looking for some way to change my nick on wololo!
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Filippo94 wrote:Great, that's just what I felt was missing.
Thanks again for your hard work!
https://twitter.com/Rinnegatamante/stat ... 3410379777
Script is already on, i'm working on long descriptions pushing. Atm, homebrews lacking of long descriptions will show the standard one temporary but in a couple of days all homebrews will have a long description (and screenshots if available in their release posts :P).
Davis9278 wrote:Hi Rinnegatamante.

From the day it was announced that you were working on a content server, notice that said an API section, think about creating an application that uses that API,

I am currently working on it,
You could add to the API, the size in bytes of vpk / prx / DataPkg?

And of course I wanted to know if you agree that I make use of your server, always mentioning that you rely on it.

Regards ;)
API are public, it means you can use them how much you want :)
Btw, if you're working on an homebrew store, as said before, noname120 is already working on such piece of software.
Btw the size in bytes can't be automatically processed since not every vpk is rehosted on my server. You can get it quite easily by performing an HTTP request to the download url and checking the Content-Length value in the header response btw.
SilicaAndPina

Post by SilicaAndPina »

How can i upload some of my homebrew there?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

SilicaAndPina wrote:How can i upload some of my homebrew there?
You can't as of now.
Send me the release links of your homebrews and they will be added to the database.

Return to “Homebrews”