Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

So what's the trick into make Vitamin dumped games work ?

the_importer

So what's the trick into make Vitamin dumped games work ?

Post by the_importer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi there,

This is the 2nd time I tried running one of my games that I've dumped with Vitamin. The first was Phantasy Star Nova so that I could apply the English Patch. It dumped the game in VPK just fine and then installed it, but the game just plain refused to run. So I ended up downloading a VPK off the Internet, no big deal since I legally owned it, but still, I wasted time and bandwidth.

This week, I've received my imported Vita copy of I am Setsuna and wanted to dump it so that I could apply the translation to it. So I dumped it, installed it, transferred the game folder to my PC, applied the patch, transferred it back and the game said the files were corrupted. OK, so I deleted that and install the game from the VPK one more time and just tried to run it without patching, didn't work either.

So what am I doing wrong here?
Advertising

szczuru

Re: So what's the trick into make Vitamin dumped games work

Post by szczuru » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Try using MaiDump tool (with different load modes) instead of Vitamin. Some games just are not compatible with Vitamin.
Advertising

HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:32 pm

szczuru wrote:Try using MaiDump tool (with different load modes) instead of Vitamin. Some games just are not compatible with Vitamin.
Quite a few of them are not, where as with mai tool there are very few (if any at all?) which are incompatible. People have posted a few english translated vpks for it.

the_importer

Post by the_importer » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:03 am

Oh so that's the application that the translation's text file was mentioning. Well I tried it, but no go.

I get this message when trying to dump the game and after that, the program keeps getting errors and going back to the Vita's OS.

This is the part that *** me off about hacks. Here I am, buying my games like a good little solider, supporting the companies and getting *** results for my efforts while countless mother **** pirates are downloading and installing games without any issues -_-

EDIT: OK, so I had to leave the bubble in my PSTV , not delete it. That being said, the process always fails, I get the C2-12828-1 while it extracts the files. I've tried rebuilding my database, didn't change anything.

EDIT 2: Well I gave up, downloaded and pre-ripped Maidump copy, patched and installed that instead, it works. Sucks that I couldn't rip it myself, but at lease the game was just 500MB and not 4GB.

awesomeaustin316

Post by awesomeaustin316 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:02 pm

I think it's nice you bought it to begin with. That said, I thought Nova was a mulitplayer only game?
Sinon = Best Girl

the_importer

Post by the_importer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:35 pm

awesomeaustin316 wrote:I think it's nice you bought it to begin with. That said, I thought Nova was a mulitplayer only game?
Single player game with an option to play multiplayer.

Return to “Homebrews”