Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Having issues with Vita Shell and Henkaku Offline

the_importer

Having issues with Vita Shell and Henkaku Offline

Post by the_importer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi there,

I previously had no intentions of updating my firmware and installing Henkaku, but after researching a solution to my previous issue, I stumbled across something that changed my mind, a translation patch for Phantasy Star NOVA, a game I own, but have yet to play.

So I updated my firmware to 3.60 and installed Henkaku. I then downloaded Vita Shell and Henkaku Offline, transferred them to my PSTV using FTP in the data folder of ux0 and installed them. This is where my issues started.

Using Vita Shell, I am unable to create folders in the ux0 root, I can only create subfolders inside an existing folder. Reason this concerns me is that the instructions for the PS NOVA patch requires you to create a patch folder in the ux0 root. Some sites claimed that installing TaiHenkaku will fix this, it didn't

When I try to create a folder in there, I get this message:

My second issue is with the Henkaku Offline. I get this message when I run it:

I followed the instructions, but it doesn't create an e-mail folder in the root of ux0.

Thank you for your time.
Advertising

HarmfulMushroom

Re: Having issues with Vita Shell and Henkaku Offline

Post by HarmfulMushroom » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Mine had the same issue, has to do with permissions. I downloaded this the other day, ran it and all was well afterwards:

https://github.com/endrift/vita-fix-per ... s/releases
Advertising

the_importer

Post by the_importer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:57 pm

HarmfulMushroom wrote:Mine had the same issue, has to do with permissions. I downloaded this the other day, ran it and all was well afterwards:

https://github.com/endrift/vita-fix-per ... s/releases
It didn't work and by the looks of it, it didn't really apply anything to the root folders:

HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:26 am

Hmm, no it does not look like it worked... Did you enable safe homebrew?

the_importer

Post by the_importer » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:07 am

HarmfulMushroom wrote:Hmm, no it does not look like it worked... Did you enable safe homebrew?
Don't recall seeing such an option in the menu. I'm using Vita Shell 1.51, where do I find this safe homebrew feature?

HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:58 am

the_importer wrote:
HarmfulMushroom wrote:Hmm, no it does not look like it worked... Did you enable safe homebrew?
Don't recall seeing such an option in the menu. I'm using Vita Shell 1.51, where do I find this safe homebrew feature?
Sorry mistyped earlier, I meant to say enable unsafe homebrew and that can be done by launching molecularshell and hitting start.

the_importer

Post by the_importer » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:58 am

HarmfulMushroom wrote:
the_importer wrote:
Sorry mistyped earlier, I meant to say enable unsafe homebrew and that can be done by launching molecularshell and hitting start.
Ah, now that's more like it:

Everything seems to work now. Guess I'll start to work on getting that patch and whitelist working. Thank you for that.

Now about PSP games, I was actually using TN-V, which I've read is no longer compatible, bummer. How does VHBL handle PSP games compared to TN-V?

qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:51 am

henkaku, taihen, vitashell, awesome. :)
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

jack52032

Post by jack52032 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:59 am

the_importer wrote:Now about PSP games, I was actually using TN-V, which I've read is no longer compatible, bummer. How does VHBL handle PSP games compared to TN-V?
Use Adrenaline https://gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW ... 84d7c43107 and ARK bubble viewtopic.php?f=58&t=47678

fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:04 am

I recommend Adrenaline if you want the XMB back but would also suggest having ARK on standby just in case a game decides it doesn't like the former.
Also ARK doesn't need HENkaku active to be used so there's that.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Homebrews”